Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Sabres 0 - ColePlay Had GDT Duties Until Further Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Who says that Jake won't stay with Geno and Kessel? Jake hasn't played with Sid the last 7 games and Jake has 7 goals in those games. I'd also keep him on LW with Sheary as our top 6 LW. I'd really want to see Sprong on LW honestly with our depth and us liking Rust way better playing RW.

Sheary-Crosby-Hornqvist/Rust
Guentzel-Malkin-Kessel
Sprong-C-Rust/Hornqvist
Hagelin-Sheahan-Reaves

Trade Cole+ for that center.

Last edited:

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
And I understand Sprong isn't NHL ready but also maybe Aston-Reese/Simon can play there.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Botteril should carry some of the blame as well mind you . He is responsible for quite a few moves coming into this season

What? The players he have brought in have done at least alright. It's the players who have been there that have sucked. The players he has brought in (Scandella, Pomminville, Pouliot, Beaulieu and Antipin being the main ones) have at least done alright. The players that have sucked are guys like Ristolainen, Girgensons, Larsson, Lehner and Okposo.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Can't really argue with any of that but think I'd still go ahead and swap Hags and Guentzel anyway. I think that's the best of a set of slightly meh options, unless GMK takes off like mad.

Getting that just right LW for Malkin-Kessel would be naaaaaaasty good though.

If we could pull off a Cole+ for Maroon+Strome trade...we would be sitting good I think.

Sheary-Sid-Horny
Maroon-Malkin-Kessel
Jake-Strome/Sheahan-Rust
Hagelin-Sheahan/Strome-Reaves/Archi/Kuhnhackl

Botteril should carry some of the blame as well mind you . He is responsible for quite a few moves coming into this season

The positives for Botteril will FAR outweigh the negatives. I'm very sad to have lost him.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
he's also very good with the puck and you'll see it more as he gets more comfortable.

Good to know. I was wondering about that. I've always said that with how this team likes to quick break, having a goaltender like Barasso was with the puck would make us that much more dangerous. I hope he does play the puck more.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It's true it's on the league. 1000%. But the NHL also sets the example all the way down to the little kid leagues. It's just not a good precedent to be ignorant about. And they really are ignorant about it.

But it's also the only real option for high level hockey, to follow, as a fan.

The best I could do was absolutely ignore the last shortened lock out season and the ENTIRE following year. I still haven't even dug up the stats to see how things went.

I think the Islanders destroyed us at some point?

But I couldn't stay away for longer. I'm weak. I bought stuff off nhl.com last week. I'm going to the SJS-PIT game later. Damn.

I wish the league set a better example, but they don't. I've accepted the league is how it is and will never change. That's why I want Reaves on this team.

It's like a really well known celebrity going out on the town all by himself and getting mugged a few times. Eventually he knows he can't count on the police, so he hires a bodyguard. That doesn't mean nothing will ever happen with the bodyguard around, but at least he did something to make himself safer. Maybe sometimes it's inconvenient having one around, but that's how it goes.

Doing nothing and hoping for the powers that be to do the protecting is the dumbest thing that could be done in both situations.

So wouldn’t the fact that he plays with one of the worst forechecking forwards in the league be the fault of the gm, even a little? I’m not saying Reaves is worthless, but management and coaching haven’t done a good job surrounding him with appropriate players.

I already told you why that won't happen. Maybe JR trades Kuhn, but he knows Sullivan values him so it's not a feasible option.

Reactions: EightyOne

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
If we could pull off a Cole+ for Maroon+Strome trade...we would be sitting good I think.

Sheary-Sid-Horny
Maroon-Malkin-Kessel
Jake-Strome/Sheahan-Rust
Hagelin-Sheahan/Strome-Reaves/Archi/Kuhnhackl

The positives for Botteril will FAR outweigh the negatives. I'm very sad to have lost him.

I'm not sure Edmonton will do that, sucky position or not, but if they did, then on paper at least, yes, we are set.

Who says that Jake won't stay with Geno and Kessel? Jake hasn't played with Sid the last 7 games and Jake has 7 goals in those games. I'd also keep him on LW with Sheary as our top 6 LW. I'd really want to see Sprong on LW honestly with our depth and us liking Rust way better playing RW.

Sheary-Crosby-Hornqvist/Rust
Guentzel-Malkin-Kessel
Sprong-C-Rust/Hornqvist
Hagelin-Sheahan-Reaves

Trade Cole+ for that center.

Someone who is dubious about whether sticking all the skill wings onto one line and all the hustle ones on another will work. Because it hasn't yet. And I don't see calling up Sprong as being an answer when Rutherford is saying not ready. Maybe down the line that'll be the way to arrange lines, but it isn't today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad