Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Lightning 2 - Punching A Faux Bully In The Mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Not much. Said they talked to Winnipeg, said they wanted Lowry and the Jets hung up the phone. Then talked about Ferland in Carolina and that the Pens are well stocked with draft picks, but not sure how eager they are to part with them.

Ferland is the exact kind of guy this org covets to counter Wilson, but he’s actually skilled and can play with finesse players quite well.

I’d be floored to find out JR didn’t make a huge push to get him. Won’t be surprised to see him overpay if they do land Ferland, knowing how badly the org wants a guy like him.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
God. I wanted to trade for Point in June 2017. Way before he broke out. I said Guentzel for Point.

That kid is so great. He is the best player on Tampa. He impacts the game more than Kucherov.

His skating is top tier, like Sid, his edge work is amazing. He almost burned Sid today with a sick cut at the top circle.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Gogo plays the game exactly like Niskanen.

I watch Arizona all the time considering I’m based in California. They’re actually a really fun team.

So you watched Stars games before that too? Get the f*** out of here.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Ferland is the exact kind of guy this org covets to counter Wilson, but he’s actually skilled and can play with finesse players quite well.

I’d be floored to find out JR didn’t make a huge push to get him. Won’t be surprised to see him overpay if they do land Ferland, knowing how badly the org wants a guy like him.

Bigger issue is how do we retain him. It would suck to lose Pearson for Lucic 2.0.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Bigger issue is how do we retain him. It would suck to lose Pearson for Lucic 2.0.

I’d rather have Ferland, because he’s a true power forward. Skilled and very physical. They are impossible to find. No idea why Carolina would even move him, unless he said he’s not signing there.

I know these guys don’t age well, but he’s only 26. So if they land him and get a couple yrs out of him, which is about what their window is now, I’m very cool with it.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I’d rather have Ferland, because he’s a true power forward. Skilled and very physical. They are impossible to find. No idea why Carolina would even move him, unless he said he’s not signing there.

I know these guys don’t age well, but he’s only 26. So if they land him and get a couple yrs out of him, which is about what their window is now, I’m very cool with it.

Yeah, I’d take the risk. But, I worried he’d either flatline here or explode and cost us 6 mil like Wilson.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Oh please what? I’ve posted 5000+ times on a hockey board the last 10 years and literally spend half my free time near a rink / listening to podcast / reading books about hockey.

Also, based on the West Coast for the last 12 years so typically I’m watching West games.
And???
Where you work bro if your such a pro?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah, I’d take the risk. But, I worried he’d either flatline here or explode and cost us 6 mil like Wilson.

Who knows. After Brassard I have no clue about who fits anymore.

I just know Ferland is mean as hell, plays like a tank on skates, and he’s got some sweet mitts for a guy that plays his style.

With how he plays in front, puts fools in mayo jars, has a surprising offensive IQ, etc... I’d think he would be a major asset in games like tonight and the playoffs, especially agt the Craps.

But I thought Brass was going to be amazing so again, who the f*** knows anymore.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Who knows. After Brassard I have no clue about who fits anymore.

I just know Ferland is mean as hell, plays like a tank on skates, and he’s got some sweet mitts for a guy that plays his style.

With how he plays in front, puts fools in mayo jars, has a surprising offensive IQ, etc... I’d think he would be a major asset in games like tonight and the playoffs, especially agt the Craps.

But I thought Brass was going to be amazing so, who the **** knows anymore.

I’ll agree with this. One thing I worry about is getting into a dick measuring contest with the Caps. The Cup wins were won by turning the other cheek and frustrating the shit out of them. Kind of like tonight. Horny’s drawn penalty on Tampa’s Jesus McD as a perfect example.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Great effort from the boys tonight. The scary thing about Tampa is that they seemed so confident that they could come back down to the minute and i think given the time they might've

Spoonman32

Jun 22, 2011
I’ll agree with this. One thing I worry about is getting into a dick measuring contest with the Caps. The Cup wins were won by turning the other cheek and frustrating the **** out of them. Kind of like tonight. Horny’s drawn penalty on Tampa’s Jesus McD as a perfect example.

I agree, although the dynamics have changed now that they don't have that mental hurdle of never being able to beat us.

Anyways, I've lost all faith in this team winning again with JR in charge. I just want to have fun watching this team again. Wouldn't mind at all seeing some heart and energizing players.

Make Penguins Hockey Fun Again.

JBose7

Jun 7, 2013
That 2nd period gives me hope cause it shows they can still play like that when they are engaged. So definitely a plus.
**** Rust was great
**** Petterson
**** Geno
*** Forecheck looked like 2016

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Cooper in my opinion is one of the smartest coaches in the league. Issue is I think Tampa just doesn’t have the crunch time horses.
I think so as well and it shows being that hes apparently the longest or 2nd longest tenured coach in the league right now. Though i hear if they dont get past the ECF again or go out hard in the 1st like you said then i might be time for a coaching shake up. But i've only read mixed things on that over at their board

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
One thing that really stood out tonight was just how physical and rambunctious TB played tonight. What the hell was that all about. Are they trying to send a message to teams in the east for the playoff push? I know they have some solid, physical players but damn, that was a bit much. It certainly didn't help their cause.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Gogo plays the game exactly like Niskanen.

I watch Arizona all the time considering I’m based in California. They’re actually a really fun team.
Gogo is good in transition but Nisky is more steady in the D zone, more physical and less reckless with the puck. I don't see their respective games as similar. Although both are mobile and each possess good offensive acumen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad