Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Devils 3 - Do You Believe in Miracles?

BillPrep

Jun 2, 2016
+ 2 points
+ sid
+ geno continuing to look like he gives a shit and his line profiting from it
+ L3, Im liking how theyre coming together...
+ ruh

- jj, forever...for every 'decent' play he makes, theres a dozen screw-ups...for 4+ more years...
- jr, see above

fatass and horny off PP1, jugs and jake in...alternate letang and schultz...

EDIT - forgot: ++++++++++++++++++++++ not having to play this boring ass team again this year...

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
There are some franchises you hope never win. NJ is one of them. Good workman like 2 points and next two games are pretty much where the team really is as to do they have it.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Amazing how things can happen at the drop of a bucket . . . or by @ColePens boy ZAR's divine will . . . but methinks Geno doth have his swagger and confidence back.

There was a shift where ZAR just kind of watched Geno during a puck battle but otherwise, he was winning pucks or at least mucking it up long enough until Geno got there a la, dare I say it, a Kunitz or Malone used to do for him.

And, for his part, Geno is trusting ZAR like he trusted Kunitz.

And the reality remains that The best line Geno ever had had a floating sniper and a young Kunitz on it...

Reactions: Andy99

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I guess winning is OK, if they play like this agains the sharks they'll get crashed...
Iliked fourth line, OK effort
third line sucked as usual, Bjugs looked OK bur McCann and Horny I'd rather play Teddy and Wilson

Geno with agreat hop in first and second and than just mailed it in the third, ZAR looked like old ZAR, Phil is our worst forward right now...0 shots....

We have four legit NHL d-man, one good #7 (Ruh) that should be good

Did not like that passive play in the third, I understand playing prevent but not collapsing and giving up all kind of space...

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The way they applied non-stop pressure in the second period. THAT is what I want to see.

Agree...I still don’t get the third period prevent defense strategy though...we,inevitably give up goal, Fleury like or not...we should be keeping the pressure up....

Reactions: ncm7772

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
+* Matt Murray
+ ZAR
+ Guentzel

(*-if not for that one goal, he walks out with a .944 SV% and looks like the difference-maker)

I don't even care about that last goal against, the only thing that impacted was his final stat line for the night. Sure, it was a horrendously bad goal, but it didn't impact the game, it only hurt his stats.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
We have seen this before, when the Pens give a damn about a game, put forth the sweat equity, they look like an entirely different team. Examples are measuring stick games like against TB or Washington at times this year. Or this game where they had something to prove against a team that they could see in the playoffs.

It does not mean that they are going to flip the switch and become the best team in hockey. They simply are not that team anymore even when giving their best effort. But it does mean that they would not be an easy out for any team if this team shows up when it counts.

It gives some hope for the playoffs.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just keep building on this game. I know we all are non-believers in this 5 man d-unit but just keep building. And hope for an on switch, I guess.

Keep building.

Reactions: StaalForOne

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I don't even care about that last goal against, the only thing that impacted was his final stat line for the night. Sure, it was a horrendously bad goal, but it didn't impact the game, it only hurt his stats.
Aren't you a stats guy though? Like in 2 weeks you'll forget about that goal but you'll still use it's influence in the stats? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Empoleon8771

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
did we get lucky?

Think every game we win with JJ playing, alot here will consider it lucky.

For me, they were lucky to get out of that 1st period tied 2-2. Huge goal by Bjugs on the PP.
Great 2nd period.
Then they sat back too much in the 3rd with JJ almost costing them a goal or 2.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I sadly also took the under, bastards!

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad