Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Blue Jackets 2 - 15+ Minutes for ZAR Proves the Winning Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
@Peat

It's now 6.40 in the morning and f***ing birds are starting to make noice and fly over the sky. I say birds, looks like crows and f***ing ducks being Pejorative Slurs... Essentially they're ZAR.

And I just accidentally kicked over a plant leaving soil all over the balcony.

f***ing ZAR.

Reactions: Peat and KIRK

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Sprong, ZAR and Wilson are equal shades of bad.

Just depends who's on their game as to who's the better option.

Did you watch the game tonight??? Lumping Sprong with those 2 speaks more of your opinion than it does about Sprong.

Tonight, absolutely. But there have been games this season where ZAR has been decent and Sprong has been crap. Not sure about the Boston game as I missed most of it, but what I've seen from Sprong since he was sent to the pressbox is a very different Sprong then what we were seeing before he was sent upstairs for several games. The issue is:

A) you have no clue which version of these guys will show up on any given night
B) Sullivan not adjusting the lines after seeing what version has shown up

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
@Peat

It's now 6.40 in the morning and ****ing birds are starting to make noice and fly over the sky. I say birds, looks like crows and ****ing ducks being ******s... Essentially they're ZAR.

And I just accidentally kicked over a plant leaving soil all over the balcony.

****ing ZAR.

You must be tired because it was actually Sprong’s fault.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's really amazing how little this team gets from the bottom six forwards. You'd think almost by accident they'd be producing a bit more than they are. You know, random pucks off their asses, random fluke bounces from bad angle shots, etc.

Tonight, the Leafs won 6-0. Their top line scored 1 goal. How often have the Pens won a game when Sid/Geno were largely kept off the scoreboard?

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
9NVp.gif

Was that N64 wrestling game the best seller in history in Pittsburgh? It sure was in my home...

NWO, Wolfpack, Goldberg... The chance to beat up on Eric Bishoff...

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
In Sully's mind, it's the winger getting TOI over Pearson.

That was frustrating. I wondered how much if anything was added due to Simon missing half the 1st... but looking at his shifts, it doesn't look like anything significant... just Sullivan being Sullivan. I wish Rutherford would send him back to WBS and give someone else a chance for a few games. Maybe not against Winnipeg and Colorado, but we have some games against weaker teams coming up in the next 2-3 weeks...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That was frustrating. I wondered how much if anything was added due to Simon missing half the 1st... but looking at his shifts, it doesn't look like anything significant... just Sullivan being Sullivan. I wish Rutherford would send him back to WBS and give someone else a chance for a few games. Maybe not against Winnipeg and Colorado, but we have some games against weaker teams coming up in the next 2-3 weeks...

Nothing. Rust slid up to L1 and Sully shortened the bench to 3 lines, where the mix and match line always seemed to have ZAR on it. :cry:

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Nothing. Rust slid up to L1 and Sully shortened the bench to 3 lines, where the mix and match line always seemed to have ZAR on it. :cry:

It did get Sprong 1 shift with Brassard. But it's a shame that Sullivan didn't try more. I was actually hoping Simon was hurt so that we would hopefully see more of this version of Sprong - I think the other shifts were given to Sheahan.

Reactions: Peat and KIRK

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Doubt it, it's not even video needing. Anyone with at least one working eye could see how bad he was. This is not about X's and O's and the fine details. It was blatant. And he got more and more ice time.

He played him more than Evgeni Malkin, his superstar center who was a shoe in for HOF after just a few season in the league.

I can't even...

Sure... except for the fact that he didn't. I don't have to like it... but there's no need to make shit up.
Malkin: 26 shifts, 17:43
ZAR: 21 shifts, 15:55

yeah because he killed a penalty. And you're seriously arguing about the difference in a guy getting stuck on the ice for one long change or something.

Apparently.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I don't know, the way some people post I have to wonder. It just seems that certain players like Cole or Sprong are disproportionately vilified.

No more then certain players like Sprong getting disproportionately propped up to the point that they could do no wrong.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Sprong, ZAR and Wilson are equal shades of bad.

Yeah I remember when Sprong averaged 15 minutes a game over a 4 game stretch this season.

It's because of that thing that happened in reality that you can make an informed comparison like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad