Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Blue Jackets 2 - 15+ Minutes for ZAR Proves the Winning Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
giphy.gif

EDIT: We all know who to thank and who made this a hell of a lot harder than it perhaps should've been. Lots of love for Sid, Geno, Jake, #14 was there, CDS, especially Tanger . . .

And in @ColePens honor his boy ZAR.

And in my honor the super moronic friends who anchor the defense's 3rd pairing and are the best shutdown pair in the league (in shutting down Geno's line, that is, as @Scandale du Jour put it).

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Penguins actually beat the Blue Jackets?!?!?!

a-surprise-to-be-sure-but-a-welcome-one.jpg

Still top heavy on the scoring. But wins are pretty much the only important thing right now.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++++ Top 6: Again... top 6 dominates with zero help from the bottom 6. AGAIN. I don't know what else to say. All 6 guys played really well. Mad props to Simon for being a great third wheel (as we've mentioned he can be a 3rd wheel) to an incredible Jake/Sid game. And the Geno line - WOW. Insane.

+++++ Letang: Incredible game. He better get Norris talk. He was everywhere today. His retrievals were insane. He made Columbus guys crash into the wall and have no clue what to do. He was everywhere. Incredible game.

+++ DeSmith: Solid game. Big timely saves. What we needed.

++ Sprong: Dude had a nice jump to his game and deserved extra shifts tonight. Shame on Sully tonight. For real. Sprong was really feeling it. Absolute shame he wasn't given extra minutes. I said the dude needed to do something in his limited minutes. Tonight he did. Shame on Sully.

------------- ZAR, Wilson, Sheahan. f*** you Sully. f*** you.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
ZAR's a better player than what we're seeing right now. He's like a millisecond behind everything, not moving his feet, not even finishing checks.

His linemates stink and that's a part of the issue but we've seen better from him. Send him to the A for a weekend.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
We are reliving the DB years!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

When our top two line dominate, we have a very good shot at winning. When they don't............. Better pray for a ton of PP's.

3rd line should be benched and the coaches should be beaten with reeds.

Sully doesn't deserve that W in his column, he did nothing to help this team tonight.

+ for Sprong, only bottom 6 who showed life the entire night, though Brassard started out pretty good but seemed to lose interest for some reason.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I know Jake and Sid had monster game, but like I said in the game thread (and did not want to repeat to jinx him) this was a masterpiece by Letnag, man he had ownership of that right wallm puck could not pass him, beautiful pinches, good shots, just awesome, this comes from one of his frequent critics, but man tonight this was a thing of beauty

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Jake and Sid were on fire tonight. DeSmith with another excellent game. ZAR and Rust need to be shipped to the moon or something, they both sucked.

Really can't agree with that on Rust. I thought he was everywhere, I thought he was hustling hard, I thought he was doing everything a player could do to help you win a game other than produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad