Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3, Wild 2 - Vanilla Ice With the Game Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Since it’s the end of the year and it’s time for reflection:

Outside of Lemieux, Crosby is the best thing that’s happened to this franchise. Best player of the last 20 years.

Dude’s been in the public eye since he was like 13 and the worst thing you can say about him is he skipped the line at the DMV once.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Real question. How is Kessel playing so well now when his coach obviously wants to ship him out?

@Ryder71 any inside tips? Did they get ice cream together over the break?
@Honour Over Glory any hot takes on this?
I think Kessel has been great the last little while. Almost every time he touches the puck something good is happening. We just need both Geno and Brassard to come around.

Reactions: Badfish87

crosby87

Oct 15, 2017
My stream pissed me off, caught the 3rd but it kept going backwards and showing the same plays a second time.
Was happening to me on the wild stream, but it was fixed when i changed to the penguins stream. Happened the previous game as well

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
It just occurred to me that the reason obstruction is suddenly allowed again is because scoring is up in the league.

What can I say, I'm a quick study. :sarcasm:

Reactions: BillPrep

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
That was boring but oh so satisfying...Isles won too so we needed the two points...

My - is to the Wild DJ...that’s for making this game a lot more miserable than it had to be....

Otherwise the boys played hard and don’t have the heart to give anyone a -...

Happy New Years everyone!
Yep, it was a bit scrambly, but I do like our gap and puck support as it's been much better of late. We still need to shore some things up but at least we're managing the games a bit better from the coach on out.

Reactions: Andy99

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It does generate a response, which I never understood. Who in their right mind listens to that crap that they actually (enjoy) respond to hearing it?!
nobody just listens to it just to listen to it. It's for silly fun in a situation like a sporting event.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
giphy.gif

I used to dance like this......now I dance like Mcmahon below.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
And who can blame him, our current goaltending has been tremendous and certainly the backbone to this winning streak.

Yeah big part of turning our season around.

They asked about ZAR and Sully really liked his defensive and PK game so far this season. Would like more offense but thinks he is still developing nicely. Said they could use him as a net front for PP2 but we have other guys we need to get more minutes into.

Kessel was the other one asked about and really loved Kessel’s offensive skills and tries to get him into more offensive situations because of what he can do.

Seems like a happy team all round. Maybe not if they interviewed Brassard

Reactions: Ryder71

BillPrep

Jun 2, 2016
anyone not upvoting this should be banned immediately...forever...

+ CDS was a wall
+ at no time did I want to punch Maata
+ Sid continues to Sid
+ Phil...the f*** man? how do you not love his chubby, point collecting ass...?
+ that 3rd line
+ giving that fat piece of crap boodrow a shitty end to 2018...

- Geno needs a LW (and to pull his head out of his ass, but I think a better, faster, stronger LW would go a long ways towards helping...)
- they got away with murder tonight and the refs couldnt/wouldnt find their whistles...it went both ways, but mostly the Pens way...I mean, GOOD...ABOUT TIME, but now I'll just be more pissed the next time we have one of those games against...

Reactions: KIRK

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We keep winning and so does everyone else. :laugh:

You know, I don't care if the Isles make the playoffs. In fact I hope they do. Just not at our expense.

Screw the Bruins/Habs. Hope Isles make it over them.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Just imagine how good this team would be had they not gone on that skid, they'd be right up there with Tampa Bay.

It looks like the pieces are starting to fall into place with this team, a good bit before that started happening last year. If Murray gets back to 2016-2017 form, this team is going to make the ECF at the bear minimum. This team is just too good to not go deep with competent goaltending.

Reactions: Pancakes

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Since it’s the end of the year and it’s time for reflection:

Outside of Lemieux, Crosby is the best thing that’s happened to this franchise. Best player of the last 20 years.

Dude’s been in the public eye since he was like 13 and the worst thing you can say about him is he skipped the line at the DMV once.

Yeah. I love him as a player but he's also easy to root for. He's humble, and never complains (at least publicly) about his responsibilities. Everyone who ever meets him says how kind he is and how willing he is to make time for autographs etc.

Reactions: Badfish87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad