Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3 - Oilers 2

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I'll give Drai a pass there as he hasnt had to run a powerplay in a long time.
Also, no one on the powerplay was even moving to give him an option, shoulda just fired it down to talbot and chewed his teammates out for being complete idiots

Reactions: frag2

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Honestly if the special teams were average, we would probably be a +500 team. Something needs to change with respect to the special teams. Its so obvious. But TM is never going to fire Woodcroft.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Honestly if the special teams were average, we would probably be a +500 team. Something needs to change with respect to the special teams. Its so obvious. But TM is never going to fire Woodcroft.
Or if the team could score goals at all we wouldn't be last in scoring. If we had our PP from last year we would have 4 more goals and instead of being last, we would then be tied for last in scoring.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008

Well, it's Chiarelli's job to fire Woodcroft. He'll probably become VP of video editing or something, he'll never be fired.

The PP was pretty bad to start the year last year, it's just the team was otherwise playing so well we survived it, and eventually the PP was on fire.

The problem this year is that we can't afford to wait to figure out special teams.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Vancouver is a better team than most thought
Winnipeg is a great team, as evidenced by their record
same with Carolina
and Washington is still Washington...you know, a contender in the East
And aren't the Oilers supposed to be a contender? Carolina/Washington aren't even in a playoff spot. I'd argue the Flyers we should've beaten and maybe even the Penguins given their defensive struggles.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
exactly, and Hall on this team wouldn't suddenly turn this thing around

it's depth and special teams that's absolutely killing us
Hall would of helped with our current lack of scoring depth...for example.

And aren't the Oilers supposed to be a contender? Carolina/Washington aren't even in a playoff spot. I'd argue the Flyers we should've beaten and maybe even the Penguins given their defensive struggles.
Supposed to be...cup contenders....

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Score on the pp and have a good pk and our record would be totally different like some people say. Even Hendricks (great leadership but was slowing down) and Pouliot would be an upgrade on the pk. I hate that Eberle is gone. Chiarelli got big headed and let go useful players.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Leaving to Vietnam tomorrow until end of November... this break from the Oilers will be good for me. I've pretty much already given up on this season lol. Maybe it'll be a pleasant surprise if I come back and they turn this season around.. but i"m not counting on it.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Score on the pp and have a good pk and our record would be totally different like some people say. Even Hendricks (great leadership but was slowing down) and Pouliot would be an upgrade on the pk. I hate that Eberle is gone. Chiarelli got big headed and let go useful players.
Hendricks wouldn’t be an upgrade

Epoh

Nov 22, 2014
Leaving to Vietnam tomorrow until end of November... this break from the Oilers will be good for me. I've pretty much already given up on this season lol. Maybe it'll be a pleasant surprise if I come back and they turn this season around.. but i"m not counting on it.

I would focus on your trip and have fun, this dumpster fire will still be burning

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad