Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3, Capitals 1 - Blood, Sweat, Tears, and Guts

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So do the Penguins have 1 healthy line or 1 good line?
Which is it.

Hockey Freak 7

Kris Letang to another team. GOAT CROSBY 4 HART
Apr 1, 2018
f*** Oshie.
Great tighten up defense at the end..

Secondary scoring needs to happen soon and Jake-Sid is carrying this team.
I know Geno will be behind Sid-Jake on scoring..He fought hard tonight with a amazing desperate goal. Big Russian bear..
Brassard is nothing belongs on the fourth line as long as Sheahan can get phil to start scoring..
Happy to see Hags back.
Star1 Guenztel
Star2Geno
Star3Crosby

Love the Penguins

Jun 3, 2017
It's gonna be a grind it out series much like the one against Ottawa last year. The Pens proved in this game they can grind with the best when necessary. That and their superior ability to score should result in a series win, but it's gonna be rough and tough to the bitter end.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
10 g 11 a for Guentzel
8 g 11 a for Crosby

This is crazy. Malkin and Hagelin should continue to settle in. We scraped by like i said we had to. Now next game go out and blow em out. Repeat of Sens series so far. Down 2-1 and couldnt score on Anderson. Barely won game 4. Then blew em out game 5. Weekend day game too

MrsDoubtfire

Jun 12, 2017
TJ Oshie is garbage, left skates on a hit to hurt. Pens getting their legs back. They’re going to be squeezing those sticks tightly Saturday. We just need to skate Washington looked tired in 3rd.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
+++ Pens out road gaming the road team.
++ Sid, Jake, Malkin, Murray, Sheahan, Simon.
+ Series is 2-2 which it probably should be. These have been 4 coin flips IMO.

--- Brassard and Kessel. Enough's been said about both of them. I'm willing to accept they are hurt, but they are being stupid with the puck, too.
-- Oshie. Almost got through a game without some stupid shit from the Caps. f*** that guy, too. But Letang, if you are going to fight a guy, don't give him your back.
- NBC slobbering over the Caps at any given chance. Shit, sometimes not even a chance.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
This series is tied 2-2 with just one line producing. Actually just Sid and Jake. And no Malkin for two games. Caps got to be thinking about that.
I wouldnt just say Sid and Jake. Horny on that line has been an engine the first three games, so cant discount that even if he isnt putting up the points they are.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
+ At least 2 more games left in the season.

This team is decimated and if they somehow manage to squeak by this series, I'd call this season a success...Brassard notwithstanding.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Win or lose the series, I wouldn't even shake these dirty ****ers hands after.

Oshie's a living breathing piece of ****. Only wish Letang would have landed a good one.

For everyone saying the team has checked out (and I was one of them), the efforts by Geno, Maata, Rust, Sid, Jake, etc say otherwise.

Sheary-Brassard-Kessel should be the new 4th line, and see about 3 minutes next game. Pathetic performances by them. At least Phil may be hurt. Those other two? **** right off

Brassard is hurt too. He missed every game until the playoffs started. So you gotta give him some slack too. He atleast had a decent Philly series. While Kessel didn't.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
+++ Hags: Boy does he make a difference, eh? He is so good defensively. He helps the team speed. He plays terrific.

++ Geno's Heart: Can't ever deny he has heart. Dude is the soul of this team.

And I'll give the Caps credit. This is the most urgency I've ever seen from their team. They are playing urgent hockey. It is incredible. This is the best i've ever seen them play in the Ovy/Sid era. MAYBE 2009 good with a little less talent. And you could see how much they missed Wilson tonight. A lot of plays DSP or any other player they had there couldn't make. Wilson was a big loss for that team. He was probably the difference in this game. Honestly.

Gotta agree. Ovechkin has fire in his eyes and it looks like they really don't want to be answering questions after getting knocked out by the same team 3 consecutive seasons. Not going out on the limb here, but this has 7 games written all over it after tonight.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Really really good game all around. My only minus would be to Kessel, who is just dire to watch at this point.
If Sprong came in and only put up twice the effort I would shut up and never ask for him again.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Carlton_Dance.gif

I so badly wanna post my gif of Carlton's 'wink and the gun' when he thinks he's getting the internship, but it's too large of a file to post.

Just know I have I have a Carlton Banks Bel-Air Acacemy basketball jersey that I stay to the gym.

Women who aren't my wife love it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad