Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3, Capitals 1 - Blood, Sweat, Tears, and Guts

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Good game by the usual crew, but the supporting cast needs to step up. Kessel is hurt, fine, but Brassard, Sheahan (for as good as hes playing), Rust, Sheary, etc have to start controlling the play vs the bottom 6 of the Caps. The top 6s for each team are good and will go back and forth, but theres no reason for us not to have a decisive advantage for at least a third of the game.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It wasn’t pretty...but that was a gutty win by a team playing on fumes with more than it’s share of injuries...I don’t know if they’ll win this series but F yeah...F U Caps!

++++Murray, good bounce back
+++++ Jake and Sid
++ Geno for gutting it out and Gw goal
++ Ruh...he’s been real solid

Hopefully we can gut another one in DC...

Reactions: ncm7772

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
If you stick with me, we're gonna accomplish great things, Jake. And you're gonna be a part of 'em. And together we're gonna run around, Jake, we're gonna do all kinds of wonderful things, Jake. Just you and me, Jake. The outside world is our enemy, Jake. We're the only *belch* friends we've got, Jake. It's just Sid and Jake. Sid and Jake and their adventures, Jake. SID AND JAKE, FOREVER AND EVER, A HUNDRED YEARS SID AND JAKE. Sid and Jake runnin' around and Sid and Jake time. Aaall day long forever. All, a hundred days Sid and Jake forever a hundred times. OVER AND OVER SID AND JAKE ADVENTURES DOT COM W W W DOT SID AND JAKE DOT COM W W W SID AND JAKE ADVENTURES ALL A HUNDRED YEARS. EVERY MINUTE SID AND JAKE DOT COM W W W HUNDRED TIMES SID AND JAKE DOT COM.

Horny was good. I thought Simon was good. Murray did what he had to do.

Basically everyone else sucked.

I hate Oshie, he's a dirty garbage bag full of vomit. But I gotta admit I grinned when Letang challenged him to a fight thinking he was tough and got smacked up.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
nooobody saaaid it was eeeeeasy,...

Line 1
Blocking shots
Gotta figure out another scoring line.Geno, Horny, Brassard, Hagelin, Kessel (in all probability) have been injured in some form over the last month. None are playing at 100%.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
That was a real hard fought win. That 3rd period was just guts and determination. They wanted it more!

tumblr_ne2xgj19sh1rnhnqfo1_500.gif

BetterCallSaul

Feb 28, 2017
Next GDT, we need all the hotdog gifs we can get to get Kessel going. Besides that, huge win and especially the third period was gold. I never had the feeling Caps will score.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Win or lose the series, I wouldn't even shake these dirty f***ers hands after.

Oshie's a living breathing piece of shit. Only wish Letang would have landed a good one.

For everyone saying the team has checked out (and I was one of them), the efforts by Geno, Maata, Rust, Sid, Jake, etc say otherwise.

Sheary-Brassard-Kessel should be the new 4th line, and see about 3 minutes next game. Pathetic performances by them. At least Phil may be hurt. Those other two? f*** right off

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Brassard and Kessel had their worst games of their careers and we still won. They can't be any worse than today going forward.

Reactions: zero8771

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
They absolutely needed a win, and they got it. This is team is still clutch, even with half the team seemingly slumping or injured they get it done and even the series.

+++++Sid/Jake - have these guys had a bad game yet? Game 2 against the Flyers I guess?
+Murray, imo he still isn't seeing the puck as well as he's used to, but he fought them off and got us through this one
+Geno - doing pretty well for coming off an injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad