Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3 @ Canucks 2 || It's isn't Fehr that we can't win games that Maatta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogZilla

Mar 31, 2013
I was hoping Higgins was going to Utica for a conditioning stint.
Missed most of training camp & the first month of the season, no way he could be expected to be up to game speed.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Higgins has brought solid ES, two way play to the table more often than not in his tenure with the Canucks, and thus earned the right to some leeway during poor stretches like this.

Sbisa has been a tire fire at the NHL level for a good chunk of his entire career, and is rightfully chided more often.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
What's more boring that watching Higgins play? Arguing about Chris Higgins.

People need to be corrected when they suggest such stupid things, like players like Prust, Dorsett, Baertschi, etc, have value.

He's a vet, so he's not going to run around like mad out there, but he's certainly worth his contract, time on ice, and more than some other players.

Those throwing out his play-off numbers - he hasn't exactly been put in an offensive role, and at the same time, the entire team has been offensively challenged as of late.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
If you choose to look at the entire situation, no you're right. But my point is that you shouldn't be doing that for a single game review. I believe it'd be perfectly justified to question work ethic with respect to that single test, i.e. you didn't study enough for that test or whatever. Saying that you didn't study enough but that's ok because you study most of the time so this instance is devoid of consequences is wrong IMO.

You are mistaking fully fit and not trying with trying but not fully fit. It wasn't that long ago we all jumped on Prust for being slow and useless or as you might put it "didn't study enough", as we later found out he was recovering from foot/ankle surgery and took time to rebuild speed and form. Not being up to speed in this case is nothing to do with "didn't study enough".

Fehr just came off injury and looked fine. Higgins has had weeks to get ready and should have had at least had some fire in his belly. Instead he didn't give it a second effort all game. Often it isn't the first game back players look bad. Usually they come back hard but then fade. Certainly was't the case here. He floated thru the game. Nothing can legitimize that and he needs to be called out for it. If he can't go he should go to the coach and tell him

Fehr had an elbow injury. Not exactly the kind of injury that will slow down his skating like a broken foot.

Funny about how some ridicule the hell out of Sbisa but give favorites like Higgins an almost blanket pass. Like don't give Higgins a hard time but feel free to pour it on Sbisa as much as you wantl

Sbisa gets it for being bad most of the time, year in and year out, not for looking slow after a foot injury.

That is absolutely false. Chris Higgins has been a complete no show in the playoffs.

In the last 3 playoff series' this is his stat line: 15 GP - 1G+1A, 2 points. That's an 11 point pace over 82 games.

During the Cup run he wasn't much better. 25 Games, 4G+4A but to be fair he sacrificed his body numerous times and as a result was banged up.

Streaky scorer is streaky. If you are worried about playoff goals, Prust and Dorsett have two between them in nearly 100 playoff games.

Lastly the idea that he should be given the benefit of the doubt is laughable. Why? What's he done lately that has shown much? Last year he was poor for long periods and only had few stretches where he was much good. And again he is coming of terrible playoff performance. Why so much so slack for Higgins? You thinking he has been this hard working, gritty night in night out player is trash. Only a person predisposed toward Higgins could see that as true. In reality, he is coming off a poor season, a miserable playoffs and last night was just an extension of this. You can sugar coat it any way you want but Higgins was bad.

Higgins was the 35th highest points scoring LW at ES last year.
25th (13-14)
34th (13-14)

He is a consistent player on a yearly basis when the hot streaks and cold streaks have a chance to even out. He performs like a 2nd liner at ES or a worst a good 2nd/3rd tweener and a solid PKer. For what he delivers he is on a good contract. He is weak on the PP and he shouldn't be a regular on it but that is the coaches fault for not recognising it.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I was hoping Higgins was going to Utica for a conditioning stint.
Missed most of training camp & the first month of the season, no way he could be expected to be up to game speed.
Good idea or not, (it is) clubs generally dont send vets for conditioning stints. Somethi g something respect something something paid dues.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
If you cant see the difference then your lost.

What difference? Your posts on Sbisa have been relentlessly mean-spirited and hurtful. And they go on and from day to day, from thread to thread continuously. They are the most hateful and irrational thing on this site and show a almost pathological level of hate toward this player

And then you get all butt hurt if someone says anything negative about someone you like and call them a hater.

Do you have any quality at all of introspection

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Literally none of that is true.

Youre the only person whose used the word hater.
Youre the only one making this about sbisa and fehr.
Youre only replying to me and not the countless other critiques of your unfounded claims.

Youre the only one turning into a buzzword competion and sbisa hate comoarison and not your own unjust words.

For the last time its not about me liking higgins, its about you saying his game was PATHETIC and HEARTLESS.

If you cant differentiate between just and unjust criticism thats your own problem. Stop trying to move the goalposts and make it about something its definitely not.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Your summary was unjust and irrational. I know it, you know it, 90% of the other posters know it and acknowledged it.
Youre too coward too admit it and would rather shift the blame to a sbisa, hater, hypocrisy, defense mechanism debate.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
The thing is, you see a lack of compete. It does not mean that there is a lack of compete. You associate compete with skating really fast and making hits which isn't Higgins' game. He is a good two-way player who provides good secondary scoring and happens to do this while not looking like Derek Dorsett. He still tries just as hard as they do.

I think some people value compete as a foundation to a players makeup.

For me, I think Sbisa has been a scary piece to this team, but I don't question the guys will. I question his brain and his talent. But the words used to describe him on here are beyond nasty.

The words OT used to describe Higgins do NOT come close to as nasty.

With Higgins, I absolutely agree that for 50 or so games a year, Higgins compete level is below where it needs to be. Maybe he is not getting enough rest or breaks down as he ages, but he does not work hard enough or play hard enough most nights. And last night was a game in which he displayed apathy... But we have to give him a pass because he seems like a nice guy and has some hot streaks? No doubt, it is not his fault that he is used as a 2nd liner. He should be a defensively responsible, somewhat skilled average 3rd-good 4th line winger who needs to give more effort and play in the gritty areas more often. It is that simple.

Why go after a poster for posting a strongly worded opinion?- one that I think is closer to the truth than you dissenters are willing to admit... It sure looks that it is hypocritical with some of the vitriol on here at Sbisa, WD, Bat, Bae, and others...

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Your summary was unjust and irrational. I know it, you know it, 90% of the other posters know it and acknowledged it.
Youre too coward too admit it and would rather shift the blame to a sbisa, hater, hypocrisy, defense mechanism debate.

Ridiculous. Cant sit back and watch you rake a guy for am opinion when you state them daily.

His performance last night was pathetic. It may have been justified, but it was simply poor.

Boy, I do wish we could all use different language and actually be a little more thoughtful in our posts, but if not, this language is nowhere near out of line for the tone of feedback provided on this site

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Ridiculous. Cant sit back and watch you rake a guy for am opinion when you state them daily.

His performance last night was pathetic. It may have been justified, but it was simply poor.
Thus the difference.
First game back from mahir injury, Its not rocket science.

Toxic0n

We are all mumps
Dec 10, 2008
Tank nation

Boy, I do wish we could all use different language and actually be a little more thoughtful in our posts, but if not, this language is nowhere near out of line for the tone of feedback provided on this site

I would be interested in reading your opinion on Sbisa's first game back once he comes back from injury. You better use the word pathetic in your description otherwise you are just a hypocrite

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

Now you are just incoherent.

Why do always have to appeal to others to support your opinion. Like other people support me so that means I am right. Stand up on your own and support your own statements with some logic and reason and don't rely on others to justify you.

I think your whole Sbisa thing is a result of you feeling safe in a crowd. Others went after Sbisa so you felt let's get on the bandwagon

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
I would be interested in reading your opinion on Sbisa's first game back once he comes back from injury. You better use the word pathetic in your description otherwise you are just a hypocrite

Send me a message when it happens. If asked, I will be more than happy to confirm anytime, the low IQ, ridiculous decisions and positioning Sbisa displays regularly, not just on his first game back, The guy's play makes me cringe. I am no Sbisa apologist!

But do me a favor, and let me know when you catch Sbisa playing with utter apathy and avoiding physical nasty areas....

I look forward to he 25-30 game streak that CH will go one at some point, making me a fan. But I will also have in the back of my mind that it will be temporary, and that Chris will go back to working out his biceps and growing his George Clooney beard rather than continuing to work for the team.

Sbisa is a simple guy to figure out and a tough guy to trust on the ice because of his brain farts.

Higgins is like two different players: the one guy who teases you into thinking he is a talent and can play as a 2/3 tweener and another guy who literally looks like he doesn't give a darn.

Not sure how this is tough to see.

OT simply pointed out we have seen a lot more of the floater lately

Why is criticizing one a no no, while criticizing the other accepted and embraced?

Toxic0n

We are all mumps
Dec 10, 2008
Tank nation
Criticizing Higgins is fine but do it for the right reasons. He is what he is, a 15 goal streaky middle 6 winger. He is good defensively, contributes on the PK and he can play. He will not put up points consistently but he won't hurt you either. I'm sure he has more mentorship than our entire 4th line combined.

If you expect him to be consistent, you better expect him to make 4m+ because that's what a solid 2nd line winger costs these days.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Now you are just incoherent.

Why do always have to appeal to others to support your opinion. Like other people support me so that means I am right. Stand up on your own and support your own statements with some logic and reason and don't rely on others to justify you.

I think your whole Sbisa thing is a result of you feeling safe in a crowd. Others went after Sbisa so you felt let's get on the bandwagon

vc is right

you're being a bit ridiculous here.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Hansen goes through the same streaks. It's just what 2nd/3rd liners do.

To call it an effort issue is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad