Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3, Blue Jackets 2 (SO) - Columbus Pokes the Two Headed Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
A new hope?

Here's why this one mattered: When Geno fought Foligno, it's tough to know what comes next. Does the team fold or follow. Sid answered that question a few seconds later. Then the whole team did in the third. If they'd folded, then the team may have needed a heart transplant as much as a talent transplant. Now, maybe all they need is a 3C and a L2 LW.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This game was encouraging, but damn, this team STILL can't score at ES. It's a huge problem. This team needs some goal scoring help, and luckily for them, they have someone in their organization who can help them.

Oleksiak was good tonight, very happy with his game.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
Nice to see Geno/Sid rewarded with a win after turning it up in the 3rd. Also nice to get the win for Murray. Still a host of issues though.

Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
They did so much right tonight except score. We got a win so we’ll take it. The looked better :)

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
needed that win. Now we need a bunch more. Eventually, that's going to mean we need to score some 5v5 goals. But that's an important enough win that I'm just going to be happy right now.

W6TxNHI.gif

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
The Flyers game was a statement where they would no longer mail it in. This game may have waken our stars. We still need to address a few holes.

Reactions: BHD

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Honestly the best 60 minute effort I've seen in a good while. So I'm sticking to positives today only.

+ I think Geno was the star of the game and it's not even close. Best player on the ice. Was absolutely dominant.

+ Sid being engaged was like the best feeling in my heart. :laugh: I love when that guy does 87-like things.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I love the two points and the compete
Hopefully this gives them some confidence

I don't like giving our division foes points however

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Nice to see Geno/Sid rewarded with a win after turning it up in the 3rd. Also nice to get the win for Murray. Still a host of issues though.

The heart may not be one of them.

In that case, the problems start with a 3C and a L2 LW and end with a little defensive makeover.

This team isn't going to be great because of great team defensive play or individual defensive studs. It's just not. It's going to be great when it can own the puck.

But, tonight I saw a pulse. Tonight I saw some heart.

And tonight I saw Sid wake up.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Honestly the best 60 minute effort I've seen in a good while. So I'm sticking to positives today only.

+ I think Geno was the star of the game and it's not even close. Best player on the ice. Was absolutely dominant.

+ Sid being engaged was like the best feeling in my heart. :laugh: I love when that guy does 87-like things.

Even I'm being positive. :laugh:

Watching Sid in OT was magic.

Reactions: NEPA and ncm7772

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Gonchar needs to work with Oleksiak very closely. Needs better zone exits and overall positioning. His positioning was good but I felt he just kind of floated away sometimes. Anyway good job tonight by him.

Reactions: KIRK

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Every Metro team playing tonight got points
We can't afford that if we're trying to move up the standings

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Title is right. The nasty side of the Pens brought some life. To bad the big Rig didn't get his hands dirty as well.
A decent debut for Oleksiak. The fact that this was his first game and an intense one will be good for his mentality. I am sure the guys will be getting him drunk for his first game and birthday.

Sheahan doesn't appear to have more than one speed. He looks like he is having a Sunday drive. No intensity at all.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Oleksiak had a nice first game. That giant has some hope inspiring physical tools.

Yeah, he was definitely really solid out there. A lot of the things I read about him didn't appear to be true tonight. He's not just "fast for his size", his puck moving talent isn't bad at all, he plays physical and he seemed sound positionally and with his stick. He has some nice talent too it seems. I did notice him get overzealous in the defensive zone a couple of times and he did have a couple of turnovers, but he was a big plus tonight overall.

A decent debut for Oleksiak. The fact that this was his first game and an intense one will be good for his mentality. I am sure the guys will be getting him drunk for his first game and birthday.

Sheahan doesn't appear to have more than one speed. He looks like he is having a Sunday drive. No intensity at all.

I think this is the only issue I have with Sheahan's game. Give Sheahan the intensity of someone like Rust or Hornqvist and you have an elite 3rd line center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad