Prospect Info: Penguins #1 prospect 2015

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I wanted to vote Murray, especially since he's from Thunder Bay, but I don't know. I've seen so many new goalies light the hockey world on fire only to mellow into journeyman goaltenders. I hope he's the real deal.

Voted Sprong.

I went Sprong too as I think he's a larger organizational need and also I want to see Murray have another great season before I vote him. Very impressive first year, but I am always so iffy on Goalies being able to hit their ceiling

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Add Ty Loney, just a different name than has all ready been mentioned

Loney was a free agent signing for the Baby Pens, to an AHL only deal. So he's not really a Penguins prospect. Though if he were to have a great rookie year he could get signed a la Sheary, and then make next year's poll.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I voted Sprong. I realize that reeks of the same kind of newest flavor logic that put Tangradi and Morrow as the top prospects at one time, but I feel that he has the highest skill set and highest potential of all the prospects.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
How about the 3 years that Tangradi finished in top 3 (in which 2 included Bennet).OUCH !

Voted for Murray

Add Ty Loney, just a different name than has all ready been mentioned

Posters here though had a WEIRD obsession with Tangradi though. Like, full commitment regardless of copious amounts of evidence. There was nothing about him to like other than "what COULD be". Terrible stats, unimpressive play, no redeeming skills sets...kid just didn't pan out. But people here were ready to marry the guy.

"Give him 40 games glued to Malkin's hip...so we can see what we have". :shakehead :help:

Better now...ish.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I can't believe anyone would even think he has a shot at it with Murray on the list. :shakehead

Without Dumo (and Chorney) I'm not sure Murray has nearly the season he had. Plus let's temper the enthusiasm, it was one year.

I'd be fine taking Dumo off the list, he's an NHL'r now. If so I'd go OS 8 days a week, or Sprong if we're looking at longer term potential.

BumFortyOne

Nov 13, 2006
Berkeley
Can't go a year of doing this without people complaining who should and shouldn't be on the list.

Eh, having Dumoulin on and leaving Pouliot off seems rather strange to me, especially considering Dumoulin would need to clear waivers to go down.

But yeah, doesn't really matter.

Valarukar

Jul 20, 2011
Pittsburgh
People saying Murray only did it for one year, but didn't he also have a strong year the year after we drafted him as well?

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
Eh, having Dumoulin on and leaving Pouliot off seems rather strange to me, especially considering Dumoulin would need to clear waivers to go down.

But yeah, doesn't really matter.

It's not like we are going to have anyone worth talking talking about after the 5th poll or so. Hell I'm not even sure who's even worth adding on this poll. Add Macaroni, he has some big muscles.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
You could justify voting for ether of Sundqvist or Murray. Sundqvist for being the most NHL ready, or Murray for his potential.

I went with Sundqvist because how I like to view prospects is less about ceiling and whom could make a NHL roster currently in their development.

But it's all to ones own opinion when it comes to prospects.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
1) Murray
2) Dumoulin
3) Sundqvist
4) Sprong
5) Wilson
6) Rust
7) Jarry
8) Simon
9) Tiffels
8) Guentzel
9) Archibald
10) Blueger
11) Uher
12) Taylor
12) Segalla
13) Macaroni
14) Zlobin

after that, who really cares. Hopefully Lindo, Zlobin, Pavlychev, Lafferty and others may establish themselves, but no one else is even a decent bet to be a good player in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad