GDT: Pengins

Who is the most disgraceful person from Pittsburgh?

• Total voters

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Well Refs Were bad in regulation we didn't play well. Think we did commit more than the pens
OT Happens REFS go blind not good but then they Called Svech after being held by Crosby. (I guess the refs were into JEM! )
Hate we couldn't get one past Ned.. so the pens scored the 3 goals tonight

We stole a point flush and move on..

Reactions: WreckingCrew

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I mean, I know it's not the ending we wanted, but we did pick up a point on a couple other Metro teams. Definitely doesn't hurt.

I do wish they'd stop wasting great performances from PK though.
5 straight incredible games from him. If not for those couple meaningless late Vegas goals it'd be 5 straight games above .950 sv% which is insane. The team has gotten 8 points out of the 10 available so not completely wasted but yeah with those performances we should've been 5-0 in this stretch, not 3-0-2.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I’m not 100%, but I’m pretty sure that Canes stat twitter account posted that last shootout.

Bottom line it’s not something they’re really great at as a team.

I personally like the come in with speed fire it to whatever the goalies weakest spot is. We don’t have the players with moves like other teams.
"I personally like the come in with speed fire it to whatever the goalies weakest spot is. We don’t have the players with moves like other teams."

Agreed although Jarvis has promise. Canes were very sloppy (and refs of course sucked) during the OT period and I felt that was their best chance to win.

Reactions: Tryamw

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
"I personally like the come in with speed fire it to whatever the goalies weakest spot is. We don’t have the players with moves like other teams."

Agreed although Jarvis has promise. Canes were very sloppy (and refs of course sucked) during the OT period and I felt that was their best chance to win.
We could/do, but they've been coached to dump & chase and perimeter so much they have no idea how to drive the net or deke...we probably have the fewest breakaway goals of any team in the league. If we practiced we have plenty of guys with speed and hands to make moves, but we obviously don't

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Since Svechnikov came into the league, he's 11th in SO S% among those with 10 attempts or more. Teravainen is t-32nd. Aho has struggled, but other star players have as well; within 5%+/- in that sample are M. Tkachuk, Nylander, J. Hughes, MacKinnon and Draisaitl.

The Canes are actually 3rd in SO W% under Rod. They are middle of the pack in S%, however.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
5 straight incredible games from him. If not for those couple meaningless late Vegas goals it'd be 5 straight games above .950 sv% which is insane. The team has gotten 8 points out of the 10 available so not completely wasted but yeah with those performances we should've been 5-0 in this stretch, not 3-0-2.

I agree that 8 out of possibly 10 points isn't exactly "wasting" his performances. No team wins every game that a goalie has a great performance in even if we get frustrated by not winning every game.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Went back and rewatched it. No turn. Numbers all the way (see below). Scoring chance off the hit and potential Injury on the play.

How does the ref justify swallowing the whistle there?

View attachment 788347
I mean it when I say last night's game is some of the worst officiating that I can recall ever seeing.

There was one shift in OT if I remember correctly, where three of our players had a Pittsburgh player commit a penalty against them and nothing was called.

Them calling Svech for a penalty against Crosby, when literally right before Crosby committed a penalty on Svech (holding) and of course Crosby gets away with it, was pathetically obvious how biased the "professional" officials were. Anybody saying they weren't biased have rosy colored glasses on. I'm not wearing homer glasses on this either before any visiting fans think that. If you disagree, maybe you just need glasses in general because apparently you saw a different game than the rest of us.

You could hear the clown shoes from the zebras squeaking during last night's game. Bush league stuff. Embarrassing. Also, the good ole boys club in the NHL won't do anything about them or other awfully officiated games, etc. More of the same bush league crap every year; zero accountability.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I’ve seen Crosby spear guys in the balls and get away with it.
It's one of his go-to moves. Remember he's THE reason Slashing has been so heavily enforced the past few years after chopping off the tip of Methot's finger (not a penalty of course). And hacks across the back of the knee. And still folds like a willow when he feels any contact.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I just realized that the Noesen shootout move for this game was very similar to the penalty shot he scored on last year against Seattle (I believe)

In the penalty shot, he faked an initial shot before going for the slapper, which is why I think it worked. This last shootout, he went for the slap shot right away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad