Pending A Series Loss, Is the Caps Season Still a Successful One?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Absolutely it is. They win a game in these finals and that's the closest they've been to a cup in their franchise history. Break that record every year and you're guaranteed to win the cup eventually. Can't ask for much more.

Especially when you consider this years team wasn't supposed to get it done, the team im sure has exceeded all expectations the management set at the beginning of the year.

And if you ask me, this years run only makes the Caps more dangerous moving forward. Now they actually know they can get here. When you can taste it, it boosts morale and work ethic moving forward.

Win or lose i think this year will plant a seed for another run where they go all the way before the core guys start declining.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Absolutely it is. They win a game in these finals and that's the closest they've been to a cup in their franchise history. Break that record every year and you're guaranteed to win the cup eventually. Can't ask for much more.

Especially when you consider this years team wasn't supposed to get it done, the team im sure has exceeded all expectations the management set at the beginning of the year.

And if you ask me, this years run only makes the Caps more dangerous moving forward. Now they actually know they can get here. When you can taste it, it boosts morale and work ethic moving forward.

Win or lose i think this year will plant a seed for another run where they go all the way before the core guys start declining.

You think the Caps can make a repeat run when most likely Carlson will be on another team?

There's a reason teams rarely make back-to-back finals appearances. It's really, really hard. Just ask Nashville.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
You think the Caps can make a repeat run when most likely Carlson will be on another team?

There's a reason teams rarely make back-to-back finals appearances. It's really, really hard. Just ask Nashville.
They can afford Carlson if he wants to stay. They only need to find 4mil to re-sign him. Cap is going up.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki

How do you figure Carlson will be on another team ? GMBM said he's prepared to pay, Carlson says he wants to stay, the team just made the finals and cap goes up by 5M. Everything to me sounds like they'll get a deal done once the season is over.

Anyway, im not necessarily talking about b2b finals appearance. Could be 2 years from now, could be 3. It's not unusual for teams to make multiple appearances in the finals after that 1st one. Like im sure Preds will get back there again eventually with their current core. In the last decade about half of the teams that have made a SCF appearance managed to make a re-appearance, and couple of the teams that haven't are still considered contenders that could get back there any season now like the Bolts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad