Pending A Series Loss, Is the Caps Season Still a Successful One?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Vegas's season is already a success. There's nothing they can do ( Short of blowing a 3-0 series lead) to diminish that.

What about the Caps? They weren't expected to be here. But they overcame a 2-0 hole to the Jackets, and shutout Tampa in games 6 & 7. I think it was successful as soon as they beat Tampa.

Last edited:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Of course! No one expected the Caps to contend again, just like no one expected Vegas in the SCF. I want the Cup badly, but I won't say the season was unsuccessful if we don't get it.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
I can't think of too many scenarios wherein getting to at least the third round isn't considered a 'successful' season. A team that's a hands down Stanley Cup favourite isn't too far off the mark if they're in the final four.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
And hopefully mods can change the title. It's not "unlikely" loss. Vegas is favorite at -135. Caps are underdog at +115

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Yes, making it to the cup would be a very successful season for the Caps. They finally made it past Pittsburgh and beyond the first 2 rounds.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Tell that to the 95 Red Wings or 2011 Canucks. If there's high expectations for a team ( Not the Caps this season), anything short of a cup can be considered a "Unsuccessful".

but you have to look at how the caps got there. the window was supposed to be closed. a lot of experts/people didnt think they would make playoffs. they were a few inches from being down 3-0 in the first round to jackets. they finally knocked off pitt finally. got up 2-0 on bolts, lost 3 straight and got to finals. thats more then the canucks of 2011 who outside a little scare in round 1 basically walked easily to finals

illpucks

May 26, 2011
but you have to look at how the caps got there. the window was supposed to be closed. a lot of experts/people didnt think they would make playoffs. they were a few inches from being down 3-0 in the first round to jackets. they finally knocked off pitt finally. got up 2-0 on bolts, lost 3 straight and got to finals. thats more then the canucks of 2011 who outside a little scare in round 1 basically walked easily to finals
An OT goal away from the 4th team in NHL history to lose after leading 3-0. Bit more than a "little scare"

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
And hopefully mods can change the title. It's not "unlikely" loss. Vegas is favorite at -135. Caps are underdog at +115

Yeah, if the Caps were overwhelming favorites and had blown through the East the way Vegas blew through the West maybe, but it seems like all the experts have the Knights winning.

depends on how they lose, if it's a 6-7 game series then yes it's still successful

however if they get blown out in 4-5, not really

Like the other three teams that the Knights have cut through like a hot knife through butter?

They just destroyed what some consider the best all around team in the league what the heck are the Caps gonna do that the Jets couldn't?

From this fans perspective an absolute success no matter the outcome.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
The fact that this team was one of the weakest on paper since 2008/2009 yes, it will be considered a success

We were boderline not suppose to make the playoffs, let alone get past Columbus AND Pitt

Reactions: Randyne

illpucks

May 26, 2011
The fact that this team was one of the weakest on paper since 2008/2009 yes, it will be considered a success

We were boderline not suppose to make the playoffs, let alone get past Columbus AND Pitt
Eh...It's similar to the 2015 team except that Ovie scores in game 7 and finally gets some support. It's very likely Caps beat the Bolts and advance to 2015 SCF. Who know how they would do vs Hawks.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Vegas's season is already a success. There's nothing they can do ( Short of blowing a 3-0 series lead) to diminish that.

What about the Caps? They weren't expected to be here. But they overcame a 2-0 hole to the Jackets, and shutout Tampa in games 6 & 7.

Your thread title is quite funny!

Please tell us why the Caps are "unlikely" to lose to the Knights.

You should get input from Jets fans when you formulate your response.

The Caps are not a better team than the Jets, I don't think anyone will argue that point. Yet the Caps are going to be considered failures if they don't do what the Jets failed to do?

Lofty expectations......or a troll thread. I'm betting the latter.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Your thread title is quite funny!

Please tell us why the Caps are "unlikely" to lose to the Knights.

You should get input from Jets fans when you formulate your response.

The Caps are not a better team than the Jets, I don't think anyone will argue that point. Yet the Caps are going to be considered failures if they don't do what the Jets failed to do?

Lofty expectations......or a troll thread. I'm betting the latter.

Where did I say they'd be considered "failures" if they don't win?

Get off your high horse buddy....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad