Recalled/Assigned: Pelletier called up

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Is He ? He's played more than 10 now so he can't go down without waivers either way .

He's still waiver exempt. The 10 game thing is for sending a player down to juniors without burning a year on their ELC.

I doubt he goes back to the AHL unless we miss the playoffs and they want him to get some playoff experience.

SilverKast

Jun 10, 2022
I like to see our 1st rounders playing well in the NHL, makes me feel like whoever is in charge of scouting and drafting knows what they're doing. Sucks when a 1st rounder doesn't turn out (Chucko, Irving, Nemisz, Jankowski, that other Tkaczuk...)

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
He's still waiver exempt. The 10 game thing is for sending a player down to juniors without burning a year on their ELC.

I doubt he goes back to the AHL unless we miss the playoffs and they want him to get some playoff experience.
I wish Capfriendly would include waiver status in their stats the CBA is clear as mud on this stuff , this is year 4 if the 2 slide years since signing his first contract count in the waiver calculation ? He is considered an 18 year old but he has played more than 11 games in a single season so his exemption period gets reduced to 4 years so I guess your right but now is this his last year to be exempt ? Either way the kid is flying out their , Naz seems to be able to find him and he seems to be able to finish when he does so there is no reason to even think about sending him down , send Huby down instead , see if he clears waivers ffs maybe someone else wants to pay him 10.5 next year .

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I wish Capfriendly would include waiver status in their stats the CBA is clear as mud on this stuff , this is year 4 if the 2 slide years since signing his first contract count in the waiver calculation ? He is considered an 18 year old but he has played more than 11 games in a single season so his exemption period gets reduced to 4 years so I guess your right but now is this his last year to be exempt ? Either way the kid is flying out their , Naz seems to be able to find him and he seems to be able to finish when he does so there is no reason to even think about sending him down , send Huby down instead , see if he clears waivers ffs maybe someone else wants to pay him 10.5 next year .

It does show it.

So his last year of waiver eligibility is 2024-25. It's 5 seasons or 160 NHL games and since he's barely played in the NHL he will reach 5 seasons first.

Huberdeau isn't going anywhere. We're stuck with him for at least a few more years.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
It does show it.

So his last year of waiver eligibility is 2024-25. It's 5 seasons or 160 NHL games and since he's barely played in the NHL he will reach 5 seasons first.

Huberdeau isn't going anywhere. We're stuck with him for at least a few more years.
Thanks I didn't look in that section , my bad , when I goggled the CBA waiver exemption rules it said 11 games in any season for an 18 or 19 year old would reduce the 5 year requirement , guess it was wrong .
Yeah I know we're stuck with Huby I was just pointing out that Kadri's 7 isn't that bad really , search the league and almost every team has someone producing less but making 8 or more , 7 is the new 4-5 . If he keeps popping 30ish goals a year and 30 or more apples his contract will be the steal of the 22 off season .

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Wtf why is capfriendly showing Pelletier and Duehr have been sent down yesterday , I hope it's a matter money capture thing and they are coming back up today FFS .

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Production isn't there lately, but does he play good minutes? does he look NHL ready?
He's nhl ready. He's here to stay. He's outperforming Dillon Dube for instance, but that's to be expected. He's looked good

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Production isn't there lately, but does he play good minutes? does he look NHL ready?

Currently in and out of the lineup.

He is certainly ready - but as the case with any young player under Darryl he has a very short rope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad