Recalled/Assigned: Pelletier called up

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017

f***ing joke of a franchise, what the f*** was the point of calling him up to watch them lose another game? Why play the same lineup that just lost to the worst team in the league and a st louis team with 9 regular players injured.

He does get a nice pay bump from being called up whether he plays or not. I agree he should be playing but calling guys up in any capacity is a good way to reward them

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
interesting/depressing stat:

Backlund is the only player on the flames current roster that they themselves drafted in the first round, and that was in 2007.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
But the 2013 first round was really good for the Flames: Lindholm, Monahan, Zadorov, Lazar, Rychel, Poirier, Shinkaruk, Klimchuk
haha I love this stat, I've quoted it many times in this forum. 8 players including Monahan. Nuts

Reactions: Kahvi

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Seems like it might have worked. 2 goals last night.

I honestly don't know what the team is doing this year . It's a big adjustment without JG and MT, and clearly Huberdeau misses Barkov and co. But I am not a fan of what they are doing with the lines on a night to night or week to week basis. But the lines and tactical decisions at least IMO, have been bad.

Personally, I'd have kept Huberdeau and Lindholm tied at the hip from from the start. Lindholm has been good for Toffoli and Dube, but Huberdeau at least needs, IMO at least, someone more like Lindholm than Kadri. When you trade away a player like Tkachuk, and bring in a Huberdeau, you really need to do every single thing to ensure the incoming player, who's been elite level year to year on his previous teams, has the correct partners, and I just do not see that with this Flames team. Really, stick Huberdeau on the top line with Lindholm and let the rest of the chips fall where they may. But I just don't think Kadri is offensive minded enough or talented enough to allow Huberdeau to express his talent to its fullest extent. And that's a waste of an elite level talent.

Anyway, I was excited to see Pelletier this season and while I'm glad they brought him up, I don't get not playing him. At this point, if he can handle it, I would honestly rather see him getting top 6 minutes than Mangi, Coleman, Toffoli, or Lucic. And really, I think he has the skills and abilities to provide the spark this team badly needs. Not that it's guaranteed, but he's a type of high energy, offensive spark plug and I think he would compliment honestly either of the top 2 lines, but my preference would I think be....

Toffoli-Lindholm-Huberdeau
Pelletier-Kadri-Dube

Or if Dube can shift to the left maybe,

Dube-Lindholm-Huberdeau
Pelletier - Kadri - Toffoli

And even though I think I'd prefer Huberdeau and Lindholm together.....Pelletier - Kadri - Huberdeau and then just keep the Toffoli - Lindholm - Dube line together. All though I don't know how much that in particular helps Dube. But if he's just been in a rut, maybe its an unnecessary switch anyway.

Either way ,I think Pelletier is exactly the type of player this team needs in their top 6, at the expense of 2 of Mangi/Coleman/Toffoli. All though, Toffoli has been scoring descent so maybe he should remain in that top 6 out of those 3 if Pelletier was inserted.

Dube though I still have faith in. He's been inconsistent but has shown real glimpses of having at least another level offensively, which I do think he will reach sooner or later. And Pelletier could be that guy to help bring it out of him playing together. But I suppose right now, to an extent, the same can be said about Huberdeau, which I am sure no one expected. But Pelletier to me, not on the same level, but a sort of stylistic replacement for JG, still with a high enough level though. And while he is on the smaller side, he has no problem with contact and dirty areas, which means it easier to fit him wherever in that top 6.

And this team needs to change something, maybe a few somethings, or at this rate they are never going to truly get going.

I'm pretty sure he spends most games looking at horses, let alone just his off days. Otherwise he'd see these lines are crap and they need serious adjustment and probably Pelletier given a chance in the top 6 at this point, as I'm sick of seeing any or all of Mangi, Coleman or Lucic with the teams most promising players. I don't dislike Mangi or Coleman, but at the end of the day, I see them ideally with Backlund on a 3rd line. Lucic on the 4th.
Do you actually watch this team this year? Just curious because the lines you listed have almost everyone playing their off wing, you said “if Dube can shift to the left” even though he’s a left shot who does his best work at C/LW and is currently playing LW. You complained about Mangiapane and Coleman being used with the teams most promising players and think they should be with Backlund on the third line, and that’s currently a line and I’m pretty sure Coleman has a combined 5 games without Backlund in his entire stint here. You wanted Pelletier to kick 1 of 3 players out of the top 6 when only one of them is in the top 6 and he’s a RW.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
But the 2013 first round was really good for the Flames: Lindholm, Monahan, Zadorov, Lazar, Rychel, Poirier, Shinkaruk, Klimchuk
Ah the 2013 draft, deepest draft since 03 they said. Managed to get almost 1/3 of the 1st rd busts in the organization lol. That draft was supposed to bring me hope :(

Reactions: Ainsy01 and Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
haha I love this stat, I've quoted it many times in this forum. 8 players including Monahan. Nuts

I hear Mantha, Horvat and Drouin might be available for the right price.

We might have to pay a premium to pry out guys like Risto, Domi and Wennberg though.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
From Wes Gilbertson's column.

“I’m just trying to be a sponge here,” Pelletier said. “The big thing is in the AHL, you play less. Here, guys play once every two days or so. Just to watch them bring it each day for practice and games, it’s pretty cool to see.”

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
The whole quote from Sutter was very high in praise. Rather encouraging for Pelletier.
Lol wat? Said he had a shitty camp and shitty start, then started playing good so they called him up. Compared him to dube or mang who are both struggling this year and then said he was to small but has time to get bigger. Saying that after sitting him for 5 games is very high in praise and encouraging for the player?

Full quote:

I like Jakob. I think.. that’s a box, right? That’s a Mange, Dillon, that sort of box, right? So that’s what it is. I like him. You know what, It’s on record: I’ve said it, he’s said it, too, he didn’t have a very good training camp. We played him a couple of games, and that’s what he deserved, or one game, I think. He didn’t have a very good training camp, so then he went down and he didn’t have a very good start. I went, too. I watched and I pull for those young fellas.
But then his game picked up and took off, and he was a really important player there and that’s part of the development. You bring them up. Just like I tell them, tell these guys, you bring them up on trips and then they have to watch how guys, before you can play in the NHL or before you can be successful in the NHL, you have to be around those guys, see what it’s like. See, pick somebody out, prepare like him, work like him in practice, and don’t think you’re him or don’t think you’re him. I’ll tell you who I think you’re like and go from there.
The thing with Pelts is always going to be his size. So as he gets a little stronger and gets a little more weight, then he’s gonna have a better opportunity. That’s what happens. And he can still do that, he’s only 21. Where when you do comparisons to other players in our organization, they maybe maxed out there. This boy is not. He’s got energy for it and a passion for it and a work ethic for it. And he’s a good kid.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Lol wat? Said he had a shitty camp and shitty start, then started playing good so they called him up. Compared him to dube or mang who are both struggling this year and then said he was to small but has time to get bigger. Saying that after sitting him for 5 games is very high in praise and encouraging for the player?

Full quote:

I like Jakob. I think.. that’s a box, right? That’s a Mange, Dillon, that sort of box, right? So that’s what it is. I like him. You know what, It’s on record: I’ve said it, he’s said it, too, he didn’t have a very good training camp. We played him a couple of games, and that’s what he deserved, or one game, I think. He didn’t have a very good training camp, so then he went down and he didn’t have a very good start. I went, too. I watched and I pull for those young fellas.
But then his game picked up and took off, and he was a really important player there and that’s part of the development. You bring them up. Just like I tell them, tell these guys, you bring them up on trips and then they have to watch how guys, before you can play in the NHL or before you can be successful in the NHL, you have to be around those guys, see what it’s like. See, pick somebody out, prepare like him, work like him in practice, and don’t think you’re him or don’t think you’re him. I’ll tell you who I think you’re like and go from there.
The thing with Pelts is always going to be his size. So as he gets a little stronger and gets a little more weight, then he’s gonna have a better opportunity. That’s what happens. And he can still do that, he’s only 21. Where when you do comparisons to other players in our organization, they maybe maxed out there. This boy is not. He’s got energy for it and a passion for it and a work ethic for it. And he’s a good kid.
Darryl should have done the press conference with Pelletier's jockstrap hanging over his face breathing it the whole time, saying he's the next Theo Fleury.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
It would be so funny if he got sent down now. Heads would become pizza pops

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
His speed on his goal really excites me, pulled away to get open and then put it in the back of the net.

With Ruzicka now in the doghouse because Sutter is starting to clown, Pelletier should get a half decent look on that line.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00