Peli Kaksi - Ducks @ Wild. GT: 5:00pm PST 10/5

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
They need speed up there Getz not the fastest and Perry doesn't even try to skate lol
i think we have to give penner a look, the thing that scare's me about penner on that line is BB has a completely different system than RC so that big grinding line (in theory) might not be that effective with BB's system...i think etem isnt a bad option but i wouldnt mind a more defensive-minded forward playing with them as that line can seem to get pinned in our zone at times and we need someone to make that little play that not only helps the D out but gets pucks out

8inblack

Apr 28, 2009
Hesperia, CA
Perry has been bad but look at the context of the minutes they're playing. Perry is out there against Ryan Suter, the 2nd line is mostly out against Spurgeon and Scandella. More minutes does not equal more opportunities as those minutes are going to be tougher minutes.

I can remember a certain Perry on a sizeable breakaway getting caught and outplayed by said infamous Scandella

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
They need someone who is strong on the puck and won't turn it over on the cycle. That line has rarely generated anything off the rush, it's mostly from their work down low.

Exactly. It's not like they'll suddenly start hitting guys on the rush just because the third guy on their line is fast. They'll continue to play their game.

douglast5

PS3 GMC Comish
Sep 14, 2012
hfboards.hockeysfuture.com
I can remember a certain Perry on a sizeable breakaway getting caught and outplayed by said infamous Scandella

Perry was almost at the boards while Scandella was near the middle, it makes sense that he would cut perry off at the goal.

Mixed with a bouncing puck and its no wonder he was able to get a stick on it.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Well that was pretty rough to watch. Our dmen...lovejoy and Allen were particularly awful.

Yay for points I guess because we didn't deserve that at all. Please practice breakouts for the next 24 hours.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Light the lamp?

Like this?

15b.gif

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
decent game... will echo many comments on Silf and Perreault.. and Penner was OK, not great. Did Perry play tonight?

btw, wtf is up with the blue scrolling ticker during the whole game.. that thing drove me crazy. (sorry if it's already been mentioned, missed the first game as I was traveling).

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Scandella had a better angle and wasn't completely flat footed like Perry was. Perry was also at the end of his shift.

douglast5

PS3 GMC Comish
Sep 14, 2012
hfboards.hockeysfuture.com
decent game... will echo many comments on Silf and Perreault.. and Penner was OK, not great. Did Perry play tonight?

btw, wtf is up with the blue scrolling ticker during the whole game.. that thing drove me crazy. (sorry if it's already been mentioned, missed the first game as I was traveling).

Its the new fox sports thing... so get used to it I guess, pretty pointless but I guess they think its important

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Well that was pretty rough to watch. Our dmen...lovejoy and Allen were particularly awful.

Yay for points I guess because we didn't deserve that at all. Please practice breakouts for the next 24 hours.
I thought Allen was pretty good again. He's never gonna move the puck though. If Vatanen doesn't get killed he'll be a good partner for him.

getzforfighting*

i wish perry shot on that breakaway, gotta realize a guy in a slump has got to shoot the puck more.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Overall terrible game. Outplayed most of the time. Deserved to lose, but I'll take 2 points tonigh

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I thought Allen was pretty good again. He's never gonna move the puck though. If Vatanen doesn't get killed he'll be a good partner for him.

I think the ineptitude of the puck moving from most of the defense skewed my perception of each's game.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

I actually like that pairing. I thought Sami was running around a bit at times defensively, and Allen seemed to really help keep things settled down. And Sami is obviously the guy who moves the puck and helps that pairing break it out of the zone. Seems like a good complement.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
i liked allen/sbisa together. fowler/lovejoy weren't bad either. the only bad part about that pairing was when lovejoy was trying ot mak a breakout pass. my lord those were hard to watch beauch'fistric wasnt great

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
Yeah our overall transition game is bad. This is kind of the team I thought we'd see last season.

I am not sure if it is the defense not being able to make a pass, or the forwards not moving and getting open. I cant stand the pass off the boards into nowhere. There is a reason we lose the puck possession battle every game.

BB, please keep Palmieri on the top line for at least a few games. Or you could go with

Beleskey-Getz-Perry
silf-MP22-Selanne
C-K-W
Penner-Bonino-Palmieri

By the way, silf played better tonight

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
The thing is, I like Lovejoy, but he isn't a top 4 defenseman. He's a mobile 3rd pairing guy. I wouldn't mind seeing what Lindholm can do. He's every bit as mobile, and I think his breakout passes will exceed Lovejoy's. I'm just not sure how he'd do defensively, under pressure, if he's getting top 4 match-ups.

I also think Lindholm would make more sense on the 2nd PP unit.

It's risky, and I realize that, but Magnus is an impressive talent. We can't keep him in the press box, and we either need to give him a look in the NHL or send him to Norfolk. Personally, I'd rather give him an opportunity here, and then see where it takes him.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Vatanen should stay on the team regardless of people health, and he should be on our FIRST PP line.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Outside of 30 seconds where he'd just been out the shift before he was on the 1st unit the whole game.

Yup. This is the opportunity we wanted to give Sami, wasn't it? 3rd pairing responsibility at even strength, and lots of PP time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad