Peli Kaksi - Ducks @ Wild. GT: 5:00pm PST 10/5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
If Perrault keeps playing like this I will gladly eat crow, he's probably been the best forward the first two games, got to like the fact that he and Silf are developing some chemistry. And it was good that Silf built on his bobby ryan game and turned in a better effort start to finish

Also good to see Cam have a bounce back game, but I still hate how he's used on the PP. Let Vatanen QB that thing please

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Good recovery by Fowler and good pass by Beauchemin.

Silver and Perreault deserve more minutes. Only 15 and 18 minutes respectively while Perry got 20. It's clear who the 2 best are out of that 3 at the moment.

Perry has been bad but look at the context of the minutes they're playing. Perry is out there against Ryan Suter, the 2nd line is mostly out against Spurgeon and Scandella. More minutes does not equal more opportunities as those minutes are going to be tougher minutes.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Light the lamp?
heeeeeeyyyyyyyy YOOOOOOOOOOo forgot about that.....

thought penner wasnt bad tonight, that shift he had where he was throwing the body around was great...hope BB show's him the video of that shift and says THAT is how you will play EVERY night

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
crazy thing was cam was at the end of a shift too...beauch made a great read on that 2 on 1 (semi 2 on 1) too

Franky definitely deserves credit there. I think he saw Cam coming back to help him out, but he really played it well and, really, I think you could say that he helped give Cam the chance to get back. Franky played that smartly.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Perry has been bad but look at the context of the minutes they're playing. Perry is out there against Ryan Suter, the 2nd line is mostly out against Spurgeon and Scandella. More minutes does not equal more opportunities as those minutes are going to be tougher minutes.
And getting good scoring chances, too. It'll come.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think Palmieri deserves to sit after tonight. I would really like to see Silfverberg on the 1st line but the second line was generating plenty of chances and it would be a shame to mess with that chemistry.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I didn't think that either Maroon or Palmieri were the problem there. If that line converts it's chances, they've got 3 goals between them, in addition to the PP goal (and maybe another if that puck didn't jump Teemu's stick in game one).

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
30 min nap to 3 hour nap and missed the start. But just finished watching and man Fowler gave me goosebumps in that OT! I wasn't really paying attention to player performances tonight, but... I just realized that I didn't even notice Penner tonight. And watching Perry makes me really frustrated.

Nice to get the win though!

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Franky definitely deserves credit there. I think he saw Cam coming back to help him out, but he really played it well and, really, I think you could say that he helped give Cam the chance to get back. Franky played that smartly.
agree....weird game in the sense that those seemed to just "turn it on" when we needed it most...if nothing else its a extremely good thing to see in those two (especially cam) and something that only great players can do...they can be horrible all game and look like nothing is going right for them, yet when we need them, they step up and do what needs to be done....hope both (well the whole team) can gain some confidence from that and build on it

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
They need speed up there Getz not the fastest and Perry doesn't even try to skate lol

They need someone who is strong on the puck and won't turn it over on the cycle. That line has rarely generated anything off the rush, it's mostly from their work down low.

douglast5

PS3 GMC Comish
Sep 14, 2012
hfboards.hockeysfuture.com
I was thinking Silf might work himself onto the top line, but you don't really wan't to break up the second line while its doing so good.

They need someone who is strong on the puck and won't turn it over on the cycle. That line has rarely generated anything off the rush, it's mostly from their work down low.

And rush usually is just Perry 1on1 or a breakaway.

Beleskey has done well with them before, just forcing his way infront of the net, something Penner might be able to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad