Pegulas need to sell one major team

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'm not ashamed to say this: I really wanted Trump to win the bid. I knew way less about him back then, and I thought he'd keep the team here, and Terry could draft one of McEichel, and really drive the bus towards hockey heaven.

The whole world could've changed...

Member 308457

That's 3 bad owners in 10 years that Bettman has saddled the Sabres with. The third one, with President Wifey in for life, has got to be the dumbest owner in the league. Epic failure since the Pegoolies took over with no relief in sight.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
I'm not ashamed to say this: I really wanted Trump to win the bid. I knew way less about him back then, and I thought he'd keep the team here, and Terry could draft one of McEichel, and really drive the bus towards hockey heaven.

The whole world could've changed...
Would Pegula have gone on to be POTUS instead?

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
They are owners with no real background in sports, besides having the money for Terry to donate to his alma mater. Nothing the Pegula's have ever said makes me think they understand sports from an on field/ice perspective better than a fan who is below average to average in their knowledge of said sport.

As a fan I would hope an owner like this would immediately hire a President with sustained on ice success over a period of years or decades as a GM or coach. They have not done that. It kind of makes me sick knowing Lamoriello was playing 3rd wheel in Toronto and could of been had. Not that he would have necessarily come here of course.

The point is experience matters. The inexperienced Pegula's need someone in that freaking organization who has a legitimate resume. It's pretty frustrating. They did the same thing with the Bills but may have lucked into a good situation imo with Beane and McDerrmott.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Most owners when they buy teams know nothing about sports. You don’t make enough money to buy sports teams in sports, you make it from other means. You think kraft knows anything about football? lol...

However, they need to get experts in charge of each respective team to hire great gms and coaches.

Reactions: Genny Screamer

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
At the least they need a President of Hockey Ops

It's ridiculous that 2 people who know less about the game than most people on this board are in charge of choosing the GM

I agree with you 100%. Pegula was asked if he thinks he would consider one for the Sabres and he straight up said "I don't think so" and then mentioned that he talks to "Botts" sometimes up to 3 times a day.

So that should cover it then. LOL

Folks, we have another Ralph Wilson as the owner now. Not in the same exact ways, but in the way that Ralph was a horrible owner and as long as he owned the Bills, we were going to be crap.

You don't have to believe me; just pay attention.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
And if he doesn't they're in the same spot as the Sabres. Wouldn't call that killing it.

Allen is a semi-bust waiting to be found out, which will happen this year. We'll win our usual 8 or so games, miss the playoffs, "progress" and "future" will be buzz words....

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Owners shouldn’t be involved with the strategic vision of the team. They should just pay. Let some passionate and talented Sabres form a guiding coalition.
Make sure they’re smart enough for the job.

Reactions: EichHart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad