GDT: Peg at Washington 4/23/13 7 PM at home

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
When Hendricks scored and bulldozed their dman, I think it help suck the jet fuel out of the Trashers.

It should have been the defensemen knocking Hendy down after scoring, not vice versa.

Yep, it was going to be another one of those nights.

I am surprised Hendy didn't get called for roughing.

Watching that replay never gets old. So badass.

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
:laugh:

Side note:

I'm glad the Jets fans are crawling back to their wintery hole with their tails between their legs.

For a fanbase of a team that historically (the initial jets, thrashers, and nu jets) been pathetic they sure seem to talk a bunch of smack.

Their team deserves a guy like Blake Wheeler who skipped out on the Coyotes b/c he was a punk. I got a good chuckle regarding his premature celebration.

I may have to go lurk on their board in order to get a good laugh at the meltdown and deflation most likely going on there right now.

Stay classy buddy. It's not nice to generalize a fan base even though what you described is a majority. There is always that minority.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Stay classy buddy. It's not nice to generalize a fan base even though what you described is a majority. There is always that minority.

What is this "classy" term you speak of? I know not of it...

Besides I'm pretty awesome at generalizing.:sarcasm:

SlappaDaBass

May 7, 2012
Winning the division is significant because the Caps will be the last Southeast Division champions ever.

That was a sick shot by Hendricks, pleased to see him get the 1st star last night.

That whole 4th line should get the 1st star. They stole the game and really wore the Pegs down every single shift. If we can have our 3rd and 4th lines play like that in the playoffs I don't see how we can be stopped.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
anybody have a gif of makfi's fist pump??

it looked like he was watching his 40 foot putt to win the masters...lol

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009

That was awesome. I felt good for GMGM there. 10 years ago I would never have believed I would have just typed that...

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

9422ff1cf1c72f577b8951ef33d8c1d0.gif

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
That whole 4th line should get the 1st star.

I can't tell you how happy (and shocked) I was to see those three guys get the stars of the game, all over guys with as many (Chimera) or more points. Hendricks was hilarious; he might as well have been the Mite of the Night. THAT's the Hendyface I want to see at the end of the season.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The most impressive aspect of this game to me was that the Caps kept coming. Loltby reared his ugly head tonight, and was the worst player on the team. His teammates bailed him out. We dominated play the entire game. After the Jets tied it up, the Caps could have come out punching as they did, or turtled up and hope to catch a lucky bounce. They had the killer instinct last night that I wasn't sure they had. They were a team last night not to be denied. Could/should bode well for the play-offs.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
The most impressive aspect of this game to me was that the Caps kept coming. Loltby reared his ugly head tonight, and was the worst player on the team. His teammates bailed him out. We dominated play the entire game. After the Jets tied it up, the Caps could have come out punching as they did, or turtled up and hope to catch a lucky bounce. They had the killer instinct last night that I wasn't sure they had. They were a team last night not to be denied. Could/should bode well for the play-offs.

Goalies are going to have off games.

Holtby has saved our bacon several times in the past and the players needed to get him one.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I'll be honest; if I didn't know that was George McPhee, I would say that man had never even contemplated punching someone in his life. Reminds me more of George McFly than George McPhee.
That's a lethal hammer fist, bruh.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
When Hendricks scored and bulldozed their dman, I think it help suck the jet fuel out of the Trashers.

It should have been the defensemen knocking Hendy down after scoring, not vice versa.

Yes, perfect combo of goal plus get-the-****-out-of-my-way-ism.

Reminded me of Backstrom's play against Anisimov during last year's Rags series. Where he controlled the puck, preemptively knocked Anisimov on his butt, and then went to the crease and converted. The perfect sequence. But Hendy, one-upped it with the double-jointed herky-jerky shimmy right afterward. It shared something in common with his hyperkinetic SO moves.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

I was really shocked actually, especially being the Caps. That goal and dance made my year with this season's hockey. That and Ovechkin doing two laps in the TML zone.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I'll be honest; if I didn't know that was George McPhee, I would say that man had never even contemplated punching someone in his life. Reminds me more of George McFly than George McPhee.

Lol, it does! Now I am reminded of that laugh by George McFly. One thing for sure, McPhee can throw the punches or at least he used to.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Goalies are going to have off games.

Holtby has saved our bacon several times in the past and the players needed to get him one.

My post wasn't a shot at Holtby. It was a kudos to the team for playing well when you're goalie is not. We didn't have the best goalie on the ice last night, and we still won. That wasn't the case earlier this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad