Confirmed with Link: Pearson For Gubranson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Blind loyalty.

Every person in power is a former Penguin and thats how they got their job. Not because they're qualified, but because they're buddies.

Never ever let anyone tell you that the GMs and coaches are smarter than the fans. They are not, most GMs know less.
Edmonton model.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
His moves during the two Cup runs were like 99% legit good. Maybe Botterill was the one behind them though.

His moves since have been 99% bad. It's amazing to compare the moves today to the moves back then.

No his moves were lucky.

Most of them were exactly what he’s been doing. Making lateral moves or downgrading at positions and hoping it works out.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
Ya, this team's window is effectively closed. Too bad, thought they could get a couple more years in. Saw the writing on the wall, no offense, with the Horny resigning; too much term for too old. It was going to be cling to the past and forget the future.

This team won with young, skilled, FAST, cheap wingers and a speedy D.

Letang,
Dumo,
Lovejoy,
Shultz,
Daily,
Maata,

The defense now would have been average in 2000 but is horrendous now. This team likely misses the playoffs.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Posted this in TD thread...

But if there’s any consolidation, Tom Wilson doesn’t struggle against many. Gudbranson got the W here too.

Again, they probably just view him as having more upside than Oleksiak and a way better physical threat.

If this was Oleksiak or Gudbranson straight up, I don’t think we’re as disappointed. With that said, Hagelin turning into Gudbranson is very, very questionable.

Why do I feel like the FO watched that video as part of doing their “homework” on Gudbranson?

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Ok, on the positive (or less negative) side, this is our D next year:

Dumo Letang
JJ Schultz
Pettersson Gudbranson
Riikola

I guess it's not the end of the world, but it sure isn't great. The bigger issue comes the year after. Pettersson should take over the 2nd pair LHD spot some time in the next year or so, right?

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Dumo Letang
JJ Schultz
Pettersson Gudbranson
Riikola

I guess it's not the end of the world, but it sure isn't great. The bigger issue comes the year after. Pettersson should take over the 2nd pair LHD spot some time in the next year or so, right?

That f***ing sucks. Where’s Maatta?

Reactions: Lustaf

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
No his moves were lucky.

Most of them were exactly what he’s been doing. Making lateral moves or downgrading at positions and hoping it works out.

The only lateral move I can think of that ended up being wildly successful was Perron for Hagelin.

Apart from that, the Kessel trade was a clear upgrade, as was Daley, as was Bonino.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
If a picture is worth a thousand words, I need an animated gif to convey my displeasure.

iu

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC

Dumo Letang
JJ Schultz
Pettersson Gudbranson
Riikola

Maatta?

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Ugh, what a depressing acquisition. Hard to see how the team can recover from the anchors that are now on this blueline, it's gonna take at least a couple years to fix this mess.

Reactions: JackFr and Lustaf

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Sid and Geno likely won't sniff the playoffs again until they're 34 and 35 respectively. That makes me really sad.

Here's to the rebuild.

They will get in to the playoffs, it will just be futile.

The rate at which other teams, Nashville, San Jose, Tampa etc have passed them by is inexcusable though.

All of the other contenders have got better in the last couple years. The Pens have continually found ways to get to mediocrity.

There’s no reason that this team should be a bubble play off team now, or for the forseeable future. What happened...

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
They will get in to the playoffs, it will just be futile.

The rate at which other teams, Nashville, San Jose, Tampa have passed them by is inexcusable though. There’s no reason that this team should be a bubble play off team now, or for the forseeable future. What happened...
We play Columbus 3 times in the next 2 or so weeks. Those games alone will be enough for us to miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad