Confirmed with Link: Pearson For Gubranson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogel

Analytics please
May 10, 2010
PA

Worse than JJ in terms of shot location for/against and other metrics, higher cap hit and now 7+M for JJ and EG. Only good thing I can think of would be shorter term than JJ. Rather have sink or swim with Riikola and Ruhwedal

Last edited:
Reactions: Doogle and td_ice

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
How does JR manage to downgrade the roster with almost every move he makes nowadays?
Gudbranson is f***ing trash, makes almost 4 million and has two more years after this one. It's hard to put into words how horrendous that is. Our defense is f***ed for the next couple of years at least with the boat anchors in Gudbranson and Johnson.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
O0adam.gif

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
There are two thoughts I have on this:

1) GMJR is purposely trying to tank by having two of the worst defensemen in the league on the same team.

2) GMJR is hoping we scrape into the playoffs and JJ and Gudbrandson are the type of shitty defensemen that get away with murder by holding everyone and getting away with penalties because they don't call them in the playoffs.

I don't think GMJR is smart enough for #1. I don't think we're good enough to make the playoffs right now so #2 worries me.

Either way, my assessment is we're f***ed.

Reactions: Doogle and Lustaf

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Posted this in TD thread...

But if there’s any consolidation, Tom Wilson doesn’t struggle against many. Gudbranson got the W here too.

Again, they probably just view him as having more upside than Oleksiak and a way better physical threat.

If this was Oleksiak or Gudbranson straight up, I don’t think we’re as disappointed. With that said, Hagelin turning into Gudbranson is very, very questionable.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Apparently because we only gave up Pearson this isn’t anything according to Madden. Oh and we shouldn’t bash JR because he built the team that won two cups and he knows hockey and we don’t. Yeah... ok double M

Reactions: farscape1

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
How does JR manage to downgrade the roster with almost every move he makes nowadays?
Gudbranson is ****ing trash, makes almost 4 million and has two more years after this one. It's hard to put into words how horrendous that is. Our defense is ****ed for the next couple of years at least with the boat anchors in Gudbranson and Johnson.

Because he is a bad GM and has been a bad GM his entire tenure?

Reactions: farscape1

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Blind loyalty.

Every person in power is a former Penguin and thats how they got their job. Not because they're qualified, but because they're buddies.

Never ever let anyone tell you that the GMs and coaches are smarter than the fans. They are not, most GMs know less.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
But if there’s any consolidation, Tom Wilson doesn’t struggle against many. Gudbranson got the W here too.

If JR and his cronies thought nearly as much about what the team needs as they do about Tom Wilson, we wouldn't be in dire straits.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
JR has absolutely no idea what to do. He's just trading bad players for bad players on worse contracts and hoping he lucks into another Daley or Hagelin.

Reactions: NJPensFan5

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Aside from every metric, eyewitness accounts from his old teams, and a bad contract?
Hell the God damn player himself just sent out a quote saying he knows he was God awful in Vancouver.

Who admits they f***ing suck? God damn I'm done.

I love you Sid, I love you Geno.

Thank you for the years and cups. Good luck the rest of the way boys but you aren't getting another cup in Pittsburgh .

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Apparently because we only gave up Pearson this isn’t anything according to Madden. Oh and we shouldn’t bash JR because he built the team that won two cups and he knows hockey and we don’t. Yeah... ok double M

Eh. He's gonna support the Pens.

He said the same thing about the JJ signing. He's being paid to be a #5 defender. Bla bla.

Now he's already turning on the guy. You don't shell out money for players because you can. If they don't address a need for the team, don't f***ing do it.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Blind loyalty.

Every person in power is a former Penguin and thats how they got their job. Not because they're qualified, but because they're buddies.

Never ever let anyone tell you that the GMs and coaches are smarter than the fans. They are not, most GMs know less.

This is 100% true and it is what has been described as Mario’s country club.

Reactions: PensandCaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad