News Article: Pearson Call Up Coming? And the Effects of Solid Bottom Line Centers

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Doesnt Carter make enough to cover all three of these guys? Can not the Kings go over the cap by Carter's amount?
They would have to clear cap room to bring Carter back, but I thought they could go over by that amount. Now roster spots is another matter.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Doesnt Carter make enough to cover all three of these guys? Can not the Kings go over the cap by Carter's amount?
They would have to clear cap room to bring Carter back, but I thought they could go over by that amount. Now roster spots is another matter.

I assume you mean to put Carter on LTIR. If so, Carter's roster spot wouldn't count against the 23 man limit, so that'd also clear up a roster spot.

LA has plenty of room for roster flexibility if they wish to put someone on LTIR.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Nice article, I like the idea of throwing Lewis on the left wing to make space on the right for Nolan, who has been playing great. Its not like Lewis has an offensive game to be harmed by such a move. And in theory it allows us to sit either Frattin on the right or Carcillo on the left, depending on the matchup.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
If Cater is injured enough to go on to LTIR then yes it solves all these problems. Roster spot and salary. But LTIR is for 24 days and 10 games.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
If Cater is injured enough to go on to LTIR then yes it solves all these problems. Roster spot and salary. But LTIR is for 24 days and 10 games.

Ok but he was wearing a boot on Sunday. That means no skating or training at the halfway point. I am expecting LTIR announcement soon.

HolyShot*

That is hardly awesome news that 3 of our regular players are out.

Also, we still need to make a roster move (Fraser maybe?) to get under the salary cap.
I think u keep fraser. He can be inserted when a heavy lineup is needed.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Pearson getting a call up would shock me. Worst case scenario for DL is Pearson plays well and makes it that much harder to send him back to the AHL. Too many players in the AHL that will have to clear waivers next year in front of Pearson.

Sorry, been wondering why Pearson was sent down after his preseason and not given a couple games... just don't see it at this point.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Is DL preparing to put Clifford on the IR with a concussion? How else would another call up work unless a trade is coming? Love the idea of Pearson getting the call though.

rick3652

Aug 18, 2009
Toronto
Is DL preparing to put Clifford on the IR with a concussion? How else would another call up work unless a trade is coming? Love the idea of Pearson getting the call though.

Right now the team has 13 Forwards and 6 defenseman so if they call up someone the first would have to be a Defenseman.

HolyShot*

our team doesnt get any better with Fraser out there, hes a plug at best. my bet is he gets traded....the sooner the better

Yea let's lose our grit and size so we can be the canadiens. We don't even have a true enforcer like a lot of the teams out there. Let's just get our ***** kicked why don't we by the sestitos and scotts of the league. Is that what u want?

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Yea let's lose our grit and size so we can be the canadiens. We don't even have a true enforcer like a lot of the teams out there. Let's just get our ***** kicked why don't we by the sestitos and scotts of the league. Is that what u want?

I'm not sure if my sarcasm detector is broken or what. You are talking about Colin Fraser, right? I appreciate it when he tries to stand up for teammates, but the guy is the epitome of punching bag.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Think you need to do some homework on both of those "checks".

^^^^^
generously listed at 6'1" 195 lbs. Sure, he hits, and he's decently smart defensively, but I don't know if you have Fraser confused with Clifford or what. We lose Fraser, we're still icing some combination of Nolan, Clifford, and Carcillo, etc. for scraps and huge bodies in King, Kopitar, and the like. never mind that guys like Brown and Richards are gritty.

You think Fraser is Scott and/or Sestito deterrent? He's more Torres deterrent than anything and Fraser even got the bad end of that one. The guy is Kelly Buchberger 2.0.

Either that, or i just got punked by the best tongue-in-cheek post in history :P

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Fraser is a punching bag and very mediocre player.

He is a solid team mate and played well in his limited 4th line time during the Cup run but he is also a player who was a healthy scratch on a terrible Oilers team three seasons ago.

He will not be missed and the odd man out at this time.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Big? Check.
Plays big? Check.

Sounds heavy to me. He should be retained while stoll or lewis is traded.

If we are just looking to dump someone, Fraser is absolutely the answer. I'm not a big Stoll or Lewis guy, but I would easily take them over Fraser. Fraser is honestly a dime a dozen player and is easily replaceable by numerous players throughout the Kings system. He plays seven and a half minutes a game when he does actually play, by far the lowest on the team, it's not hard to fill those kind of minutes.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
We totally got our ass kicked by Sestito on Saturday. Totally.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011

Our grit and size has really suffered with him out of the line-up right?

KingKopitar11*

Fraser adds nothing. He's the human punching bag of our team.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
How frustrated do Monarch fans up in Manchester get when their best talents are getting vacuumed by the big club? That's gotta suck for those fans there, who most likely don't give a **** about the Kings (probably Bruins fans in the NHL anyway).

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
How frustrated do Monarch fans up in Manchester get when their best talents are getting vacuumed by the big club? That's gotta suck for those fans there, who most likely don't give a **** about the Kings (probably Bruins fans in the NHL anyway).

I can't attest to this as I'm not a true Monarchs fan, but, despite what you said, it must be nice knowing you've got a bunch of guys who are destined for NHL futures playing for your club, not just 30-year-old journeymen.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00