PeanutButterGate 2016 | Canucks-Panthers 'line brawl' and Potvin comments

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
It's funny to me, if it is actually the "sedin sisters" thing, because it is only actually offensive if you believe women to be lesser. If you don't then why does it bother you to be called that? It's like when little kids make fun of each other for liking girls, once you grow up it's like, "yeah, yes I do like girls, what of it".
These are quite the mental gymnastics here. If it was a competition you would get gold.

embee

Apr 29, 2011
It's funny to me, if it is actually the "sedin sisters" thing, because it is only actually offensive if you believe women to be lesser. If you don't then why does it bother you to be called that? It's like when little kids make fun of each other for liking girls, once you grow up it's like, "yeah, yes I do like girls, what of it".

The Sedins have been called Thelma and Louise by Mike Milbury. The Bobbsey Twins by Don Cherry.

The Sedins said it best after Bolland called them sisters on Chicago radio...

To paraphrase: "It's a bad message because it implies that women are inferior to men"

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
The Sedins have been called Thelma and Louise by Mike Milbury. The Bobbsey Twins by Don Cherry.

The Sedins said it best after Bolland called them sisters on Chicago radio...

To paraphrase: "It's a bad message because it implies that women are inferior to men"

Crazy talk, its clearly meant as a compliment.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I gave my opinion on Potvin many times. He continues to be the worst color man or commentator in the the NHL. One of the worst in sports period.

I assume Florida keeps him for the name.....Captain of the Isles and 4 cups will do that. Rotten human being.

DCHabitant

Feb 24, 2013
Dorsett is joke. Please suspend him.

I'd rather they suspend Potvin for extreme homerism. Doesn't know what happened to cause the "brawl" but suggests that Canucks lack class, that Dorsett certainly must have said something, and that Sedin is a low life.

This guy's nearly as bad as the Bruin's Edwards.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

Derek Dorsett was coming to the aid of a star player...... not sure why is everyone hating on him... he did exactly what he needed to do, something that wasn't provided unfortantley in 2011..... Jim Benning addressed that... by adding guys like Dorset and Prust...

wtf.... it's like find an excuse to hate a Canuck forum instead.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I'd rather they suspend Potvin for extreme homerism. Doesn't know what happened to cause the "brawl" but suggests that Canucks lack class, that Dorsett certainly must have said something, and that Sedin is a low life.

This guy's nearly as bad as the Bruin's Edwards.

Scott Thorton to Sedin

"Ended it like Rick Rypien"

"Daniel Sedin, probably said something in the terms of WTF DID YOU JUST SAY???!!!:"

Somebody decided to squirt water from the bench at the Daniel...
that was either Montoya or Petrovic

Derek Dorsett all he saw was Daniel is being bullied from 2 guys "sitting in the bench" so he comes to the aid of a star player, then the scrum begins.

Move on.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Not that it's a "big deal" to fans but wouldn't the league care about an announcer calling a player a lowlife on national television?

Surprised they didn't do anything about it.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Scott Thorton to Sedin

"Ended it like Rick Rypien"

"Daniel Sedin, probably said something in the terms of WTF DID YOU JUST SAY???!!!:"

Somebody decided to squirt water from the bench at the Daniel...
that was either Montoya or Petrovic

Derek Dorsett all he saw was Daniel is being bullied from 2 guys "sitting in the bench" so he comes to the aid of a star player, then the scrum begins.

Move on.

1. Who the hell is Scott Thornton?

2. That quote never happened

3. If he didn't want response then he shouldn't have done a fly by of the bench.

Classless AINEC*

Apparently what Thornton said was: "If you two are sisters, does that mean your wives have **cks?"

-Heard on TSN 1040 this AM, attributed to Vancouver Province writer Jason Botchford.

King King

Two Joes, No Cups
Aug 7, 2011
Seattle
Apparently what Thornton said was: "If you two are sisters, does that mean your wives have **cks?"

-Heard on TSN 1040 this AM, attributed to Vancouver Province writer Jason Botchford.

This is the second time Botch has gotten the scoop on a Thornton making a **** joke.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
That's a pretty weak chirp, to get all upset about.
Some people were up in arms about Kesler chirping Backes saying "Tell Kelly I said hi" so it's not like their the only one.

and I don't think the Sedins were that bothered by it. All they did was rub it in to the Florida bench after the scored and mentioned they thought what Thornton said was out of line, I don't think they ever wanted the melee to happen or expected to happen

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
I don't think those comments are that big a deal.

But, I also don't think the Sedin post goal celly is a big deal.

That's just hockey isn't it?

But, I can't help but wonder why a 38 year old Shawn Thornton needs to pick on a couple of well known non-fighters, that are zero physical threat to him or any of his teammates???

In the real world a 38 yr old tough guy picking on someone who clearly couldn't defend himself would by bullying (not to mention pathetic).

It's the high school bully who never grew up. You're 38 Shawn. I understand you have a job to do...but isn't that job to protect your teammates, and make sure no one takes liberties???

Or, does he think the Sedins are a threat and might hit one of his teammates with a flying elbow or something.

It's kind of weird. A 38 yr old enforcer picking on two well respected guys who can't, and won't fight.

Is it a (Thornton) vs Canucks grudge he just can't get over (even at 38) because he got TKO'ed by an insignificant Canuck years earlier???
http://youtu.be/Nud_hzEpMck

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
Some people were up in arms about Kesler chirping Backes saying "Tell Kelly I said hi" so it's not like their the only one.

and I don't think the Sedins were that bothered by it. All they did was rub it in to the Florida bench after the scored and mentioned they thought what Thornton said was out of line, I don't think they ever wanted the melee to happen or expected to happen

Sorry, guess I wasn't very clear. Didn't mean they were upset, just in general. They didn't seem to care too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad