PeanutButterGate 2016 | Canucks-Panthers 'line brawl' and Potvin comments

JukofYork

Mar 22, 2014
I wonder if the teams went to tim hortons after and all ordered triple triple in their coffee.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Lol, Panthers colour commentator calling Daniel Sedin a low life. Now blaming Sedin for the entire line brawl. After whining for 5 minutes that Derek Dorsett caused the entire brawl. Get it together, how hilarious/unprofessional :laugh:

That's pretty ironic since Potvin's now-ex-wife has claimed he is a drug addict and alcoholic and has beaten her.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Was Jagr involved????

I don't think I saw him.

He was like "I'm too old for this garbage, see you guys back at the Hotel"

I mean, I don't know what you'd have to do to piss off Jagr at this point in his career. The guy got some of his teeth knocked out by an opposing player recently and he just patted that guy on the back telling him it was no big deal. I highly doubt he even cared.

In any case, why isn't Denis Potvin selling his own Peanut Butter brand by now?? I would imagine it would be the first PB with beer as an ingredient. Alcoholic PB & J, just imagine.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Was Jagr involved????

I don't think I saw him.

He was like "I'm too old for this garbage, see you guys back at the Hotel"

He was in the penalty box when the OT goal was scored, not sure if he was caught over there while everything went down.

embee

Apr 29, 2011
And? He publicly denied the claim, no hearing specifically for the abuse...its divorce court. Mud is slinged always.

Well I mean, all I've heard all thread long from Panther fans is that he was on his 8th beer when he said what he said...

KrazyCanuck19

Sep 25, 2003
2010 Host City
Thornton is a piece of ahi IMO but even he's not dumb enough to use Rypien in his trash talk. Having said that, it had to be more than harmless "I won a cup and you haven't". The Sedins have been hearing that for ages.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Well I mean, all I've heard all thread long from Panther fans is that he was on his 8th beer when he said what he said...

:laugh:

yeah. i'm a panthers fan and idk why other panther fans are defending potvin so hard right now. he's a alcoholic geezer, we talk about it all the time over at our board.
i don't get it. take him of the air please, he unbearable to listen to and is apparantly a pos.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
He wasn't going to miss his date with the two 20 year old models who combined are still younger than him.

And God bless him. :laugh:

That's pretty ironic since Potvin's now-ex-wife has claimed he is a drug addict and alcoholic and has beaten her.

Even if it's true, it's not ironic (sorry for the grammar Nazi/English teacher coming out in me LOL).

Does Potvin have a book coming out as well? His words seem like a cry :help: for attention, or book sales. the title of his book will be something like...Lowlife and Peanut Butter, words from the disgraced

I'm not a big Potvin fan on a personal level, but honestly he doesn't need to do things like this for notoriety in the hockey world. He's one of the greatest defensemen and overall players in history.

oyvey

meet you at the bottom if there really is one
Jan 6, 2010
Toronto
He's a massive homer who should be taken with a grain of salt, but for what it's worth, Canucks radio colour guy Dave Tomlinson is claiming the thing someone on the Panthers said to the Sedins was not a sisters joke or a 2011 reference. He says it was worse. FWIW.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
He's a massive homer who should be taken with a grain of salt, but for what it's worth, Canucks radio colour guy Dave Tomlinson is claiming the thing someone on the Panthers said to the Sedins was not a sisters joke or a 2011 reference. He says it was worse. FWIW.

It's pretty obviously the case that it's worse. I mean, there's no reason they'd react in that way and then also discuss it in the press afterwards if it was some immature but ultimately benign thing they've heard before.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I'm calling absolute BS on Thornton saying something about Rypien. Absolute BS.

Some guy posted something on Twitter, then it caught fire and he deleted it. I can't see Thornton ever saying that about a guy like Rypien.

Agreed. I can DEFINITELY see him referencing something about 2011 though - with the smirk of a lifetime on his face while saying it and laughing all the way home.

King King

Two Joes, No Cups
Aug 7, 2011
Seattle
If those rumors about it being a comment on Rick Rypien are true then that's just insanely messed up and had zero place in hockey.

Absolutely agree if true, but I have a hard time believing that a Panthers player would be stupid enough to say something like that, especially when the captain and goalie of the Panthers are both ex-teammates of Rypien.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00