GDT: PDSF: SHARKS VS KINGS. GAME #6. 7:00 pm. - Part II

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
23 years and counting

What the Kings went through and what the Sharks are going through in terms of their fanbases isn't really comparable. Kings never had much in way of expectations until they traded for Gretzky and at least they got to the finals once with him.

netminder3

Aug 12, 2008
LOS ANGELES
You can't harp the goal you thought was no good. How about a 5 on 3 power play. Or the penalty given TP for unsportsman like conduct. Do you think he deserve that penalty. You guys were probably happy with the ref up till then.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You can't harp the goal you thought was no good. How about a 5 on 3 power play. Or the penalty given TP for unsportsman like conduct. Do you think he deserve that penalty. You guys were probably happy with the ref up till then.

Actually, they can because bad penalties on their own don't lead to goals. Besides, the Unsportsmanlike penalty was made up for by the Boyle interference call when Kopitar dressed it up.

The Sharks had their chances to win the game earlier for sure but a bad call that counts a goal that shouldn't that late in the game directly impacts the game.

netminder3

Aug 12, 2008
LOS ANGELES
What the Kings went through and what the Sharks are going through in terms of their fanbases isn't really comparable. Kings never had much in way of expectations until they traded for Gretzky and at least they got to the finals once with him.
yeah it was 45 years but it was well worth it. I don't think there was a dry eye in staple center. Dean Lambordi and Darryl Sutter have done a great job. TM gets a little to emotional and that shows panic.

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
Good to see there were no hangings or bridge jumpings last night. Game is over and we lost. Yes, we should have taken more shots on the 5 on 3. Yes, we had many other open chances too. And yes, the puck should've been blown dead. None of that happened so we have a Game 7. Everyone expected it but it didnt happen the way anyone expected it to happen. Nothing we can do about. On to Game 7. Lets Go Sharks!

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
yeah it was 45 years but it was well worth it. I don't think there was a dry eye in staple center. Dean Lambordi and Darryl Sutter have done a great job. TM gets a little to emotional and that shows panic.

I sincerely doubt that you're informed enough to make such a statement about McLellan so sorry if I brush off that judgment of yours.

netminder3

Aug 12, 2008
LOS ANGELES
Actually, they can because bad penalties on their own don't lead to goals. Besides, the Unsportsmanlike penalty was made up for by the Boyle interference call when Kopitar dressed it up.

The Sharks had their chances to win the game earlier for sure but a bad call that counts a goal that shouldn't that late in the game directly impacts the game.
It seem the Redwings beat us with puck that went off the mesh and came back. But sutter didn't harp on it. Like a couple of years ago The kings were skating on a break and one of the sharks on the bench touched the puck and it wasn't called.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It seem the Redwings beat us with puck that went off the mesh and came back. But sutter didn't harp on it. Like a couple of years ago The kings were skating on a break and one of the sharks on the bench touched the puck and it wasn't called.

What does any of this have to do with anything?

justabill

Mar 25, 2013
The second goal was on Boyle. He let Kopitar skate over the Blue and then stopped him but did not challenge him on the boards. Kopitar had time and space and he kept the play alive. All Boyle did was active stick right in front of Kopitar. LA defense doesn't play just Active stick with the sharks, they force the play, challenge the puck carrier everytime. Sharks give them room. Sharks give the Kings the boards. The Sharks are still playing like it's game 3. The Kings woke up now it's San Jose's turn or it's over. Play the body, challenge the shooter/carrier.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Not scoring on that 5 on 3 didn't surprise me. They've been bad at it all season. I'm not sure on the actual numbers but this year's Sharks team has quite possibly the worst 5 on 3 Power Play percentage in NHL history.

justabill

Mar 25, 2013
Exactly let it go wednesday is another day.

Agreed, Momentum doesn't carry over from game to game. But bad play does. And Game 7 is all Sharks advantage. Winning game 7 on the road......still an uphill battle for the Kings. Now if the Sharks can just step it up and be more aggressive with the puck and without the puck. And if TMac says "They know what to do" Fire him, If the team knows what to do, what do they need a coach for?

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I had flashbacks to the Vancouver series when the sharks couldn't capitalize all those power plays earlier in the game.

Once the kings scored their second "goal" in such a way I knew the floodgates would open and the kings would score again quickly.

At this point part of me hopes the sharks lose game 7 embarrassingly.

TealTownUSA

Mar 30, 2010
kings are riding way too high. we gotta get someone in front of quicks face on every shift. is pickles playing weds?

#reversethechoke

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Eh stop being so negative guys, Sharks were leaps and bounds better in game 6 compared to game 5. LoCo showed his anger and dropped the gloves. This team will show up for game 7, I have no doubt about that. Its frustrating, but watching them win wouldn't feel so good if this was all so easy.

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area
Not true. See, LA Kings games 4-6.

On the flip side, see Sharks games 1-3. Momentum exists within games, and can exist from game to game but only if the team that "had the momentum" at the end of the previous game establishes momentum early in the next game.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
The second goal was on Boyle. He let Kopitar skate over the Blue and then stopped him but did not challenge him on the boards. Kopitar had time and space and he kept the play alive. All Boyle did was active stick right in front of Kopitar. LA defense doesn't play just Active stick with the sharks, they force the play, challenge the puck carrier everytime. Sharks give them room. Sharks give the Kings the boards. The Sharks are still playing like it's game 3. The Kings woke up now it's San Jose's turn or it's over. Play the body, challenge the shooter/carrier.

Right after that happened I said "damn it Boyle, you can't give up the blue line like that", and sure enough it ends up in the net. The D was passive from the get-go, which plays right into the Kings hands from a transition standpoint, which is where we were killing them in the first two games.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I don't know what DW and Larry are doing but they need to ride Braun into the ground. He and Stuart had the lowest ice time this game somehow. I don't even mind Stuart having the lowest ice time but Braun? Really? What is this insanity. Vlasic was having pretty consistently middling to low ice time and now Braun? They should know better that Vlasic and Braun are the saving grace of this team's back end. Ugh.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Logan Couture? Anyone know where he went? I'm surprised the team hasn't filed a missing persons report for this guy.

As much as Couture hasn't shown up on the score sheet, he is still winning his matchups. He's got three points in six games which is obviously not enough but he's still on the plus side whereas Thornton and Burns have the same amount but are big time in the negative relative to the sample size. Thornton and Burns are costing the team this series with their play and it's not helping that the depth has pretty much dried up as well with their production and poor puck play.

But if nothing else, if your offense is not putting out, you have to keep the puck out of your net and Couture is doing that whereas Thornton and Burns are not.

chrisdg

Sep 28, 2005
San Jose, CA
My buddy James is starting to regret his new Sharks tattoo...

i-7xwCfB2.jpg

19sharks19

Mar 16, 2006
T.O. to S.J. & back
kings are riding way too high. we gotta get someone in front of quicks face on every shift. is pickles playing weds?

#reversethechoke

Good point. Say a move such as Torres on with Jumbo and Burns, leave the Couture line as is, Pav's with Hertl and Wingels (should be that guy) and the fourth with Shep, Desi and Brown/Havlat (Shep and Havlat had some decent chemistry together down the stretch).

Either way you set up the lines, it's all or nothing now. The team has no choice but to show up (unlike game 5) or go home red faced and embarrassed.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad