Post-Game Talk: PDSF Game 5: LA @ Sharks 7pm PDT (CNBC, CSN-CA)

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
He won't want to play defense again. He will be unhappy and so will Thornton.

I didn't even watch enough hockey in 2011-2012 to really make a judgment on his hockey IQ. That was the one year I didn't pay a lot of attention. But I do remember him being a bit of an overrated defenseman. He wasn't that good defensively and made a lot of boneheaded mistakes. He was awful at D in 2013

But ultimately, you can't put him back there now, he loves forward too much.

I'm sure he loves winning games a bit more and pretty sure Thornton will happily let Burns go back to D if it means winning games in the playoffs.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Sharks need to focus on the task at hand and not run at Stool. Execution and winning are the ultimate revenge.

They also need to play like game 2-4 if the Kings score. It seemed like after the Toffoli goal they got deflated. They need to play smart for 60.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Only the Sharks can have a 98.3% historical chance of success in a series and still scare the living beejebus out of me. Please Sharks, win it for my health. And my bracket.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Lol what the hell do you know about him or Thornton being happy/unhappy?

I can't be certain, ultimately, on the happiness of a person I've never met, but he sure seems to enjoy winger more than he enjoyed defense

And I don't think it would be an easy, flawless transition. He wouldn't suddenly get on defense, stand next to Vlasic, and start playing like he did in 2011 again. He may never get back to his original level as a defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad