Post-Game Talk: PDSF Game 5: LA @ Sharks 7pm PDT (CNBC, CSN-CA)

The McMafia

Sep 2, 2011
San Diego, CA
If Vlasic is out, the only sensible thing would be to spread out the 2-way play throughout the lineup. This would mean Brown is out in favor of TK/Havlat and Pavs is at 3C (was at 3C for today's practice). The forwards are going to have to bust their ***** to protect the D - no other choice can be made.

Also, playing Stalock is also a no brainer, as his ability to play the puck takes some pressure off of the D too.

Here's to an interesting finish to the series.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Seriously, though, is it really that bad of an idea to put burns at D? I guess his normal partner would be gone. Also probably an awful idea, in general.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
If Vlasic is out, the only sensible thing would be to spread out the 2-way play throughout the lineup. This would mean Brown is out in favor of TK/Havlat and Pavs is at 3C (was at 3C for today's practice). The forwards are going to have to bust their ***** to protect the D - no other choice can be made.

Also, playing Stalock is also a no brainer, as his ability to play the puck takes some pressure off of the D too.

Here's to an interesting finish to the series.

Stalock's kinda a wizard with the puck, I watched one of his puck playing videos from the frozen four. If they adjust the strategy a bit to take advantage of his puck play, it could end up being a real advantage for the team.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Seriously, though, is it really that bad of an idea to put burns at D? I guess his normal partner would be gone. Also probably an awful idea, in general.

Can Braun play LD?

Braun-Burns
Irwin-Boyle
Hannan-Demers

Play Braun and Burns 28-30 mins each. It's not any crazier than the Marleau,Wingels, Brown line the coaches threw out yesterday :sarcasm:

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
Well we will have to see if the Sharks can evolve. Hopefully Vlasic's absence doesn't make McLellan's boasts about depth look silly. I know he was talking about forwards, but still.... If it doesn't work, is Trotz still available?

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Well we will have to see if the Sharks can evolve. Hopefully Vlasic's absence doesn't make McLellan's boasts about depth look silly. I know he was talking about forwards, but still.... If it doesn't work, is Trotz still available?

He is being moved upstairs in Nashville if he chooses. It just depends what he wants to do. Obviously there's plenty of teams who would be interested. But he's been a head coach for a long time and maybe he's a little burnt out and would rather do some behind the scenes stuff. But there's plenty interest for him if he still wants to be a head coach

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Time to dress Mueller! He already looks like Vlasic and gets compared to him. :naughty:

I hope you are joking. The kid would get destroyed out there. He needs to bulk up before we see him in the NHL he's a bean pole right now.

Ser Jorah Mormont

Lord Friendzone
Sep 3, 2013
Down Under
Demers has always been an idiot, I've said that about him plenty of times - way too many blind passes onto the opposing players sticks and too many dumb penalties at especially inopportune times.

Unfortunately the same thing can be said about burns.

Their hockey iq is very low, that's for sure.

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
I'd like to see

Hertl Thornton Burns
Marleau Couture Nieto
Havlat Pavelski Torres
Sheppard Desjardins Wingels

Braun Demers
Irwin Boyle
Stuart Hannan

Or if Vlasic is healthy

Vlasic Braun
Stuart Boyle
Irwin Demers

Stalock
Niemi

I think it is time to load up the lineup.

RickyHP

May 9, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Hope vlasic is going to be ok. I have faith that this team can get their s*** together and steal another one in LA, it's going to take some hard work though.

I like our chances against anaheim if we do win this series.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
He won't want to play defense again. He will be unhappy and so will Thornton.

I didn't even watch enough hockey in 2011-2012 to really make a judgment on his hockey IQ. That was the one year I didn't pay a lot of attention. But I do remember him being a bit of an overrated defenseman. He wasn't that good defensively and made a lot of boneheaded mistakes. He was awful at D in 2013

But ultimately, you can't put him back there now, he loves forward too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad