Post-Game Talk: PDSF Game 5: LA @ Sharks 7pm PDT (CNBC, CSN-CA)

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Original GDT has post count limit, figured I'd create the PGT thread to continue.

Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka
SJSharks practice this AM -- Hertl in white jersey, Pavelski in teal, and no Vlasic sighting.

If Vlasic is out for the series we could definitely drop the next 2 games. Such a joke that Stoll gets away free.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Sorry for the jinx. If Vlasic actually has a concussion, I think we'll still win this series, but we are in serious trouble if we get to the next round.

Ehh if Dallas makes it through they probably have a worse D than we do even without Vlasic. I hope it's a really mild concussion and he's back in a week when we are up 1-0 in the 2nd round (I'm gonna vomit if we blow a 3-0 lead)

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
Take with a grain of salt because you know, it is Kurz after all.

Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN
Stalock off earlier than normal for a practice day. My best guess is he's in tomorrow SJSharks

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Take with a grain of salt because you know, it is Kurz after all.

Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN
Stalock off earlier than normal for a practice day. My best guess is he's in tomorrow SJSharks

Doesn't really matter if we can't score any goals. Doesn't mean I'm not happy though. I just hope we steal a game.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Ehh if Dallas makes it through they probably have a worse D than we do even without Vlasic. I hope it's a really mild concussion and he's back in a week when we are up 1-0 in the 2nd round (I'm gonna vomit if we blow a 3-0 lead)

That's a big if, my guess is that ANA takes that series tonight. I think the Sharks will take this in 7.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
I also gotta believe if Mueller is even close to ready next season he makes the team. We have no LD after Vlasic

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I also gotta believe if Mueller is even close to ready next season he makes the team. We have no LD after Vlasic

Really gonna hope Abeltshauser and Mueller tear it up over the summer. They really can't be worse than Hannan and Stuart at this point. If they can skate effectively and learn quickly, it would probably be okay. So much wishful thinking though. :cry:

SJSharks42

May 8, 2009
Regardless of what happens this offseason, our D needs a major upgrade. Vlasic and Braun are the only two I REALLY care about keeping. Demers has proved he's still an idiot this series and I really hope he can turn it around.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Regardless of what happens this offseason, our D needs a major upgrade. Vlasic and Braun are the only two I REALLY care about keeping. Demers has proved he's still an idiot this series and I really hope he can turn it around.

Well I assume they are banking on Mueller having a good camp and making the team. I'm not sure where else we would get a good top 4 LD.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Well I assume they are banking on Mueller having a good camp and making the team. I'm not sure where else we would get a good top 4 LD.

Unless they move prospects most of their forwards have NTC. The ones that don't are Hertl, Nieto, Kennedy, Burish, Desjardins.

Pavs and Couture's kick in this summer.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Unless they move prospects most of their forwards have NTC. The ones that don't are Hertl, Nieto, Kennedy, Burish, Desjardins.

Pavs and Couture's kick in this summer.

I think they would be very stupid to move either Hertl or Nieto. Hertl would have to be some young potential #1 defenseman and Nieto would not be cheap at all either (Nieto looks like he should have been a top half of the first round pick). They don't have anybody that has much value that they can afford to trade.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
I think they would be very stupid to move either Hertl or Nieto. Hertl would have to be some young potential #1 defenseman and Nieto would not be cheap at all either (Nieto looks like he should have been a top half of the first round pick). They don't have anybody that has much value that they can afford to trade.

True. They would have to do the unthinkable and get UFA's.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Well without Vlasic they're going to have to steal a game. The forwards need to support and play well defensively. Stalock needs to continue stopping pucks and hopefully help with the breakout. Put in some fresh bodies in Kennedy, Havlat, and Irwin. Without Vlasic, the best defense is the best offense so the forwards need to step up and do what they did in the first 4 games and spend the majority of time in the Kings' end. It also would help if Quick hasn't found God Mode. That's what I'm afraid of.

Wombley

Nov 29, 2009
If Vlasic is out for the series we could definitely drop the next 2 games. Such a joke that Stoll gets away free.

It's not difficult to imagine the kind of response the LA Kings might have if Raffi Torres forearm shivered/elbowed Doughty and took him out of the game or series- threatening his career and livelihood as a human being. They might not be expecting to extract a pound of flesh as justice, but at a minimum they would be fired up.

This Sharks team and coaching staff, however, already showed us and the Kings how they would respond to something like this during a lackluster loss on December 19th when they lost Hertl in the first period and the Kings went on to win 4-1.

Game 6 will be telling.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Well without Vlasic they're going to have to steal a game. The forwards need to support and play well defensively. Stalock needs to continue stopping pucks and hopefully help with the breakout. Put in some fresh bodies in Kennedy, Havlat, and Irwin. Without Vlasic, the best defense is the best offense so the forwards need to step up and do what they did in the first 4 games and spend the majority of time in the Kings' end. It also would help if Quick hasn't found God Mode. That's what I'm afraid of.

Quick had to save like one actual scoring chance yesterday against Wingels. Not like he was saving the game for the Kings in any way.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
If the Sharks end up blowing the 3-0 lead would that mean Sharks are top 5 hardest team to root for in all of professional sports. 'Cause, man it would suck to be a Sharks fan.

lsx

Oct 19, 2010
Sonoma County, CA

Demers has always been an idiot, I've said that about him plenty of times - way too many blind passes onto the opposing players sticks and too many dumb penalties at especially inopportune times.

Unfortunately the same thing can be said about burns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad