GDT: PDSF Game 3 - 04.21.14 - vs Anaheim - 8:30 PM - TXA21 - 1310 AM/96.7 FM

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
LMAO at this. “You can play hard and do all the things you want, but me personally, if a guy’s got a bad jaw, I’m not going to hit him in the jaw,†Getzlaf said. “But everybody’s different.â€

what an idiot

Its a cut, reports said its not broken, you have a cut... A freaking cut... WTH. Dont want to be punched... Dont throw punches. Don't start nothing...wont be nothing.

But seriously, the ducks are the biggest whiniest bunch of poor losers. I hope the league was listening when Maroon threatened our star players tonight.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Its a cut, reports said its not broken, you have a cut... A freaking cut... WTH. Dont want to be punched... Dont throw punches. Don't start nothing...wont be nothing.

But seriously, the ducks are the biggest whiniest bunch of poor losers. I hope the league was listening when Maroon threatened our star players tonight.

our guys better re-enforce their "lower body" protection for next game, we know how a team of tough guys like the Ducks take care of business. Spears to the groin for everyone in a Stars jersey. :naughty:

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I really hate Ducks fans, I'm not sure if its every rival fan base or what, but they love to talk trash while the Stars are down, but turn into whiny babies when their team loses. I guess it's a dog look like their owners sort of thing in that way.

If there's any team that has absolutely no right to insult any arena shenanigans it should be the ducks. These morons were booing in game 2 when Daley got a penalty because they thought they got a penalty, this lasted throughout the commercial break. In fact, I've seen them boo icing calls, offside calls, and good clean hits at a game. Easily one of the dumbest and most annoying fan bases around, I'm just glad there aren't enough of them to properly fill up a stadium.

beardedgraf

Nov 4, 2008
Dallas
I am just as excited about this win as the rest of you guys, but reading this thread just makes me laugh. So many great coaches in here.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
LMAO at this. “You can play hard and do all the things you want, but me personally, if a guy’s got a bad jaw, I’m not going to hit him in the jaw,” Getzlaf said. “But everybody’s different.”

what an idiot

I just need to know one thing as a out of towner who missed this quote.........did they dim the lights a bit and was Perry playing the violin to create a more dramatic effect!!!

:nopity:

Last edited:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I'm also enjoying the talk of splitting up Getlzaf and Perry to deal with the checking line of an 8th seeded team that just squeaked into the playoffs.

One more win here would be so exquisite.
I especially like the proposals to change the lineup to include more goonish types. If they want to slow their lineup down, I'm all for it.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I can't get over how easy it was to get in their heads. Not as easy as the Blues, but good Lord.

Honestly what did they expect? If it is known where a player is hurt his opponents are going to take shots at it, that's part of Hockey 101 ffs.

If Getzlaf thought the Stars weren't going to target his face he's a fool & so are Ducks fans. :shakehead

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
I can't get over how easy it was to get in their heads. Not as easy as the Blues, but good Lord.

Not just the players, but their fans as well. So far I've seen them whining over us having streamers for winning, the chanting our fans were doing, our fans also booing Getzlaf, Roussel giving Getzlaf a little tap on the plastic, etc, etc. It goes on.

A win on Wednesday will put the momentum back in our favor and hopefully demoralize the Ducks.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I really like Ruff's interviews. I feel like he doesn't speak only in cliches, or if he does he uses cliches we haven't heard around here for a while. He seems like the exact right coach for this team at this stage.

The best thing about Ruff is that he's old, IMO.

We're such a young team, and Lindy is so experienced, that it seems like he has taken a sort of father figure role over the guys. It's really awesome to see. That picture of him and Jamie after beating St. Louis to clinch the playoffs is one of my favorites.

I can't believe we ever questioned whether her be the right guy for the job. Well done, Nilly boy.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
Also I love the fact that Maroon said this.

"We're going to have to show that intensity. We can't let that happen to our star players. They'll get it."

And then when onto say this.

"They're going to get in our best player’s face, I guess Wednesday night we're going to have to do the same thing."

I'd love to see this plug go after Benn. He would put this dude in his place.

StoneColdGMJN

Jul 16, 2013
Marquette
God forbid we boo someone!! Noooo don't do that!
That was hilarious from them last night. At least twice per page "can somebody PLEASE explain why they're booing getzlaf?!?!".

He's the best player on the team were in the middle of a best of 7 series with, on a team we were division rivals with for years. Use your noggin, dummies.

CorwiN

Oct 23, 2006
Dallas, TX
The thing with the streamers is what really gets me. And this isn't the first time that Ducks fans have complained about it. They got all bent out of shape last time when we knocked them out.

I mean I seriously cannot imagine ever having an opinion on how another team's building celebrated a win. Certainly not over something as simple as streamers. It's not even like the Stars are the only team to do it.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
From now on streamers after every goal against the Ducks

also an air raid siren that goes off every time Ryan Garbutt takes the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad