GDT: PDSF Game 1 - 04.16.14 - at Anaheim - 9:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM/96.7 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Goose with fumblebumble to break the scoring chances, multiple times...

Well overall decent showing in the first playoff game. Lots of momentum gained in the third period! Hope that carries over to game 2.

And seriously hoping that Dillon get the green light. Also would hurt to drop Whitney

But now, it 8:00AM and time to get even a bit of sleep! I thank thee

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
man the Ducks got two breaks in that last minute when the Stars had the goalie pulled and possession of the puck...

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Nice finish. Benn and Segs looked great. I thought Val had some nice plays-- looked confident (other than that last dump in).

**** Rome. So done with his **** play. Can't wait until his ass is gone.

starshockeyfan56

Aug 2, 2005
The Xcalibur
Great building block for game 2, and hopefully a nice realization for the playoff noobs that they can compete and deserve to be there.

As long as they can start the way they finished this one on Friday, I like our chances for a split (and yes, Dillon please).

MetalGodAOD*

I'm confident we can take Game 2. The first 20 minutes lost the game for us. Jitters, nerves, whatever, they overcame it and played pretty even with Anaheim the rest of the game.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I just can't have any confidence in this defense. You've got a geriatric, an AHLer, a rookie not even in double digit games played, undrafted untested Jordie, Alex Goligoski (no comment) and Daley. You might be able to stumble through the regular season with that but come playoff time... please.

Imagine what Seguin and Benn could do with a regular defense behind them.

MetalGodAOD*

Something Big44 noticed:

J Fishpaw ‏@FishpawWriting 3m

Aaron Rome played 9 minutes ... no forward played less than 10 minutes. He was on for 2 goals against.

No way he's in for Game 2... right?

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
With Dillon we have another gear, they don't..

Eakin, Roussel, Cole were all awful tonight and specially Gonch-Rome were a disaster.. Annoying but I'm sure Ruff co. will sort this out.

Bkennedy*

I couldn't tell from where I was and obviously don't have the benefit of announcers.

It looked brutal, can Getzlaf return from that Friday? Ow.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006

Eakin, Roussel, Cole were all awful tonight and specially Gonch-Rome were a disaster.. Annoying but I'm sure Ruff co. will sort this out.

Aaron Rome 2 shot attempts forward at even strength, 11 shots against (2 goals against too). He played 9 minutes, the least of any player on the team. Safe to say he won't be back.

The first line dominated, everyone else was mediocre, we have much better to show going forward in this series.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
We're griping about a playoff game.

After how many years?

I'll take it.

Very little griping here.

Rome is beyond awful.

Roussel and Garbutt were selfish like they were early in the year.

But besides that, I loved the team's heart and once again...their ability to continue to fight on.

Nichushkin looked WAY better than I expected outside of that bad turnover that led to the Perry and Getzlaf chance.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
I feel like the Benns can both give a better effort. Jordie was completely out of sorts and will undoubtedly be better. Jamie was doing his halfassed glide in the defensive zone not really looking eager to get in the lanes like the other teams captain was. And he's gotta get that puck moving forward in the final 10 seconds of the game. Nice effort on the comeback, won two outta three periods which at the end of it I guess is good for **** all other than something to build off of going into Friday. Gonchar and Rome gots ta go... Go Stars in game 2!

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep

Yeah what was up with him, I was wondering if he was injured or something. I thought he'd be rarin' to go and was made for playoffs. Maybe jitters, hopefully game 2 he can be more effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad