PDF Game 3 | Ducks @ Flames 5/5/15 7:30 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSnow

Jan 5, 2012
Finland
NHL refereeing is a joke as always. Clear goal waived off then absurd call to give offsetting penalties when Stajan runs over the goalie. Like wtf is this actual competition or entertainment orchestrated for the masses, you woulnd see this kind of joke refereeing in champions league.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Getzlaf or Perry could still spoil the fairy tale ending. God is on the side of the big battalions.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Good job Flames on staying with it, but damn.. you definitely got a 6th guy out there with the zebras. That "even up" call on Depres was weak.

MrEckted

Jan 28, 2008
CBus
You can't see it but the goal line curves into the goal in the air hence touching the line no goal.

I think they got double screwed by the overhead view because the net was actually tipped back as you can see the green peg from the ice level shot. As a result you don't have the frame of reference of the crossbar in its normal position and in fact the crossbar may have actually obscured what was happening beneath.

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
I thought the goal should have counted but the people saying '4-3 Calgary' really need to stop. Gaudreau doesn't have that much room if the goalie isn't pulled in that situation (hell, he shouldn't have had that much room with the goalie pulled). The score should be 3-3 right now and that's what it is.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Good job Flames on staying with it, but damn.. you definitely got a 6th guy out there with the zebras. That "even up" call on Depres was weak.

yah make up calls like that is bs. but is what it is.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
PPs 6-2 and fans are complaining about breaks?

Not to mention the fact that Beleskey was high sticked on one play and elbowed in the head on another.

One break is more obvious than the others. But the Flames got their share too.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Sportsnet just stated that the situation room had access to the newly implemented post cameras to review the goal and it was INCONCLUSIVE. Feel free to let it go.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Seriously through the NHL needs cameras embedded in the crossbar. Or chips in the pucks.

There video was inconclusive due to the puck being elevated.

Exactly. The decision has to be made with conclusive evidence and lacking that they can't overturn the call on the ice.

Some people here seem to think that anything in a still frame visually is in two dimensions only.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Even up call for sure. That penalty to make it 4-on-4 sets the standard for the rest of the game that you can smoke the other goalie, and as long as someone else takes you down it's all fair!

Stajan barely brushed the goalie when you see the replay. The goalie quite literally launches himself backwards and down to sell it. The only one to buy his act was his teammate who then ruined the PP they were about to receive.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I hope the flames win this one, pretty big screw job if they don't.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
That even up call after Stajan ran over Andersen was complete crap, but I did think that the Flames got equally screwed on the no-goal call so I won't complain. That is a dangerous precedent to set for the series though, basically saying that you can destroy the other team's goalie and not be put down a man. I don't think the league will be happy with the way the refs handled that situation.

It would've been better for the Ducks if nothing was called. Offsetting minors to make 4 on 4 is a massive, massive advantage to the trailing team. Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad