PDF Game 3 | Ducks @ Flames 5/5/15 7:30 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
So why was there a 4 on 4 after Stajan ran the goalie?

Even up call for sure. That penalty to make it 4-on-4 sets the standard for the rest of the game that you can smoke the other goalie, and as long as someone else takes you down it's all fair!

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Anaheim didn't have everything go their way for a change. Of course they probably score 30 seconds into OT and this comeback is quickly forgotten about.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Even up call for sure. That penalty to make it 4-on-4 sets the standard for the rest of the game that you can smoke the other goalie, and as long as someone else takes you down it's all fair!

Stajan knew who was the best player on the ice and "got in his head"

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Kinda crazy as well that the Flames got the benefit of the matching minors when the flame made contact with the goalie.

Matching minors always favor the trailing team. Get to 4 on 4 instead of 5 on 5, then with the penalty and the goalie pulled it becomes 5 on 3... miles different from 6 on 4.

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
That even up call after Stajan ran over Andersen was complete crap, but I did think that the Flames got equally screwed on the no-goal call so I won't complain. That is a dangerous precedent to set for the series though, basically saying that you can destroy the other team's goalie and not be put down a man. I don't think the league will be happy with the way the refs handled that situation.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Good on the Flames, but delaying the inevitable.

comeback kids blah blah. ducks deserved to win this game in reg but eh. they may still win but this flames team didn't look hood tonight. ducks hit how many posts and controlled the game for most of it

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
No, all being right would be Calgary being up 4-3 right now. Instead, they were screwed over.

blueMorpho.jpg

Don't be silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad