PDF: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (3) Calgary Flames (Series 1-0 ANA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Your avatar is GOAT.

That's Duckthulhu.

He dwells in the ancient city of Quack'lyeh. It's under a pond.

Hey, it's a big pond, man. Don't judge. He's scary. He drives you mad by making everything taste like chicken. People tsay he talks in tongues, but really he talks in puns. It gets annoying. I'm pretty sure Ducks DVM is a disciple.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
That's Duckthulhu.

He dwells in the ancient city of Quack'lyeh. It's under a pond.

Hey, it's a big pond, man. Don't judge. He's scary. He drives you mad by making everything taste like chicken.

:laugh:. That'd be an awesome mascot costume :D.

Probably would scare the kids, but imagine drunk people's faces when they see that walking around :laugh:

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I think we talked about making him a playoff mascot, but it was deemed unfair to other fans. We did it for you guys. Just remember that.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think we talked about making him a playoff mascot, but it was deemed unfair to other fans. We did it for you guys. Just remember that.

As if the playoff match up between Anaheim and Calgary wasn't already unfair enough :sarcasm:.

Hopefully our defense shows up Sunday.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
As if the playoff matchup between Anaheim and Calgary wasn't already unfair enough :sarcasm:

Hah. Just one game. I think Calgary is going to come out swinging in Game 2. I don't think this series is over, not by a long shot.

Edit: You'll understand if I hope they don't, right? ;)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Hah. Just one game. I think Calgary is going to come out swinging in Game 2. I don't think this series is over, not by a long shot.

Edit: You'll understand if I hope they don't, right? ;)

I hope so. I still hold out that Game 1 would've been a lot different had we buried on one of those early chances. Once we went down goals and then players, the team just looked so demoralized.

Oct 18, 2011
the flames will be better in game 2, their defensive structure was awful in game 1, that is something they can correct

i've seen the stretch pass being suggested as an option, i would say if you do it, those passes better be perfect otherwise you are letting a big team outnumber you in your own end

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
It's still a billion dollar company, I believe. I don't think profits are an issue. They just don't saturate he market like McDonalds.

They are interested in maintaining quality first and foremost, so they expand slowly, making sure each new location is up to standards before expanding to the next location(s).

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
don't even see how there's a competition between in n out and five guys

i'd simply prefer not to pay close to 15 bucks for a cheeseburger, fries, and drink. not to mention five guys doesn't put crack in their food like in n out does

That's a reasonable price from a Swiss perspective.

edit. actually, that's pretty cheap unless we're talking McDonalds "quality" here.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Three, actually. Calgary owned the tiebreaker.

And when does a team not sneak in? Four points? Five? At what point do you admit they deserve to be there? I'm going to say after 82 games, if they are in a playoff spot. Calgary didn't sneak in, they deserved to be there after 82 games. All season long people said they were going to fall apart and miss the playoffs. They didn't, and now they are in the 2nd round. They deserve credit. You're doing them a disservice.
Great post.

I'm a firm believer that a young team needs to go through the process of making the playoffs and losing before they put it all together. So this is a fantastic learning experience for the Flames - and the fact that they made it to the second round is gravy.

Hey, it would be sweet for the organization and their fans if they go further, and it's not like they won't try, but there's no doubt this team took a huge step forward this season even if they were to get swept by the Ducks.
Agreed. It's all a learning curve. We had the first playoff game, we got outplayed and rebounded, we got dominated by a desperate team that was facing elimination and rebounded. Our kids got better throughout the first series. Now we are in round 2 and facing a bigger, meaner, more skilled team. We need to adapt and rebound. We need to learn.

Now I want In n Out.
I want to try In and Out. Wish we had it here.

I am lucky to have In-N-Out down here in AZ :).
Why you little...... stop rubbing it in, you know my fat ass loves food :(

lol flames :laugh: , purely overmatched
So how is the 2nd round treating you guys? And I don't mean round 2 at the country club.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That's a reasonable price from a Swiss perspective.

edit. actually, that's pretty cheap unless we're talking McDonalds "quality" here.
even in Canada it's not that expensive. I think I pay 15ish at five guys here and McDonald's costs me around 10.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
even in Canada it's not that expensive. I think I pay 15ish at five guys here and McDonald's costs me around 10.

Well, considering that we don't have five guys here I can't really judge.

But for a really good burger you can pay 25+ dollars around here (depending on where you eat). $20 is usually enough for something good.

And in terms of McD, well...
20120121_WOC389_0.gif

yay, I guess

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Well, considering that we don't have five guys here I can't really judge.

But for a really good burger you can pay 25+ dollars around here (depending on where you eat). $20 is usually enough for something good.

yay, I guess
Yeah, it really depends where you go. Five Guys is more of a higher end fast food joint. Where as if I get a burger in a decent family restaurant I'm looking at probably $17-20. Sadly the prices between better fast food and lower end family places like Denny's is non-existent.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Very happy Ramos getting the start.

Honestly though...isn't changing the goalies for the Flames kinda like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic?

At this point I doubt Ken Dryden would make much difference for a Flames team that is appallingly over matched!

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Honestly though...isn't changing the goalies for the Flames kinda like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic?

Honestly, this is the same stunt that Bruce pulled on Hiller last year and it crushed him mentally. One bad game against the Kings and it's Gibson in net. if Ramo gets dunked, don't expect Hiller to be a mental brick wall when he goes back in.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Gotta love how Flames and Ducks fans are having a pretty pleasant conversation. Meanwhile, some bitter Canucks and Oilers(and a few other fans) are barging in with their drive by comments and telling us how much the Flames suck after a bad game 1. Like, what? We're facing a team that is a truly top notch Stanley cup contender in the 2nd round of the playoffs. The Flames are a young team that is, what, barely at the cap floor? This is all gravy at this point. The Flames do deserve to be here. They've worked extremely hard all year against some tough odds to get to this point.

Respect to Ducks fans.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9

At this point I doubt Ken Dryden would make much difference for a Flames team that is appallingly over matched!

It all depends if the defense shows up to play, the goalies got left high and dry last game. The ducks took advantage of very passive defense waltzed right in and scored... we can not let them do that next game

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Gotta love how Flames and Ducks fans are having a pretty pleasant conversation. Meanwhile, some bitter Canucks and Oilers(and a few other fans) are barging in with their drive by comments and telling us how much the Flames suck after a bad game 1. Like, what? We're facing a team that is a truly top notch Stanley cup contender in the 2nd round of the playoffs. The Flames are a young team that is, what, barely at the cap floor? This is all gravy at this point. The Flames do deserve to be here. They've worked extremely hard all year against some tough odds to get to this point.

Respect to Ducks fans.

Suck it, nerd!!! :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad