PDF: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (3) Calgary Flames (Series 1-0 ANA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Wow, so tired of people saying Flames snuck in or they are not good. You don't sneak in over 82 game schedule. 82 games!!! Good enough to make the playoffs. Are they as good as the Ducks? Hell no ! Neither are the Red Wings, Sens, Pens, Isles, Preds. Did they sneak in...of course not.

The pens got in by the skin of their teeth...so yeah I'd say they snuck in.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Wow, so tired of people saying Flames snuck in or they are not good. You don't sneak in over 82 game schedule. 82 games!!! Good enough to make the playoffs. Are they as good as the Ducks? Hell no ! Neither are the Red Wings, Sens, Pens, Isles, Preds. Did they sneak in...of course not.

I just dont think the kings would do much better then the flames/jets.... for 1 its not the same kings we saw the year before, 2 the ducks went out and basically built a team in anticipation of playing the kings this season. The one thing the kings have going for them over the jets/flames is quick is a lot more capable of stealing games then hiller/Op. I still think anahiem would have had their way with the kings if they made it, realistically the only team i feared for anahiem this year was San jose, and minnasota but only because i wont be able to take the amount of crying about physical hockey that fan base brings along.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
5 guys man?

don't even see how there's a competition between in n out and five guys

i'd simply prefer not to pay close to 15 bucks for a cheeseburger, fries, and drink. not to mention five guys doesn't put crack in their food like in n out does

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
The pens got in by the skin of their teeth...so yeah I'd say they snuck in.

True, but Calgary was in a playoff spot for pretty much the entire season, unless I'm mistaken. There may have been a few times they got bumped out temporarily, but they were always there. The same was true of Vancouver. If LA or San Jose had managed to make it in, sure, I'd probably agree they were sneaking in, simply because of how the season went. They were on the outside looking in. Calgary was on the inside. Maybe they had to keep an eye on the teams on the outside, but they were still inside.

The Penguins seemed to struggle a lot in the second half, even if they were one of the top teams in the first half.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
don't even see how there's a competition between in n out and five guys

i'd simply prefer not to pay close to 15 bucks for a cheeseburger, fries, and drink. not to mention five guys doesn't put crack in their food like in n out does
Where is it close to 15 bucks? I never spend more than 8 at either.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
True, but Calgary was in a playoff spot for pretty much the entire season, unless I'm mistaken. There may have been a few times they got bumped out temporarily, but they were always there. The same was true of Vancouver. If LA or San Jose had managed to make it in, sure, I'd probably agree they were sneaking in, simply because of how the season went. They were on the outside looking in. Calgary was on the inside. Maybe they had to keep an eye on the teams on the outside, but they were still inside.

The Penguins seemed to struggle a lot in the second half, even if they were one of the top teams in the first half.
Im not arguing against Calgary. They had a more comfortable spot than Pittsburgh.

Flamer12

Feb 11, 2013
Canada

Thank you. Very well stated.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
5 guys man?

No, if I had to pick a burger place I'd go with Fatburger. But, I like In n' Out, it's just not amazing like everyone says. They don't even season their burgers. And those fries...

Maybe I've had it too much or something. I used to think it was the best place.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Where is it close to 15 bucks? I never spend more than 8 at either.

Yeah, that surprises me. I actually think In 'n Out is one of the more reasonably priced burger places around.

3 bucks for a double-double is pretty solid even if their patties are kinda thin and weak

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
No, if I had to pick a burger place I'd go with Fatburger. But, I like In n' Out, it's just not amazing like everyone says. They don't even season their burgers. And those fries...

Maybe I've had it too much or something. I used to think it was the best place.

It is overrated for sure

I'm convinced it's the sauce and onions they put on their burgers that makes them so successful. I agree their fries are weak as ****

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I am lucky to have In-N-Out down here in AZ :).

Pretty much as far East as it goes though.

Sort of limits profit potential but it keeps employees paid well at least. Here in Vegas an average fry cook or cashier makes close to 11 dollars an hour. Janitors like 10

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Pretty much as far East as it goes though.

Sort of limits profit potential but it keeps employees paid well at least. Here in Vegas an average fry cook or cashier makes close to 11 dollars an hour. Janitors like 10

It's still a billion dollar company, I believe. I don't think profits are an issue. They just don't saturate he market like McDonalds.

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
The Ducks would have absolutely dominated the Kings in these playoffs.

Besides, Calgary was good enough to make it into the post-season. The Kings were not.

5goalgame

Feb 11, 2015
Anaheim
I like how the NHL spaced the heck out of this 4 game schedule to give the Flames more time to say "were in the playoffs." :laugh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Very happy Ramos getting the start.

Just to keep it clear:

uaPPTol.jpg

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Is the first hat a player of the game thing? Or is that photoshopped, and my eyes just aren't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad