PDF: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (3) Calgary Flames (Series 1-0 ANA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
That's Duckthulhu.

He dwells in the ancient city of Quack'lyeh. It's under a pond.

Hey, it's a big pond, man. Don't judge. He's scary. He drives you mad by making everything taste like chicken. People tsay he talks in tongues, but really he talks in puns. It gets annoying. I'm pretty sure Ducks DVM is a disciple.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Duckthulhu P'onda wgah'nagl fhtagn

:naughty:

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
yeah that line was ridiculous. I aint even mad.

Do you think we could get some subtitles for your crowd though, I understood the Hiller chants, but didn't understand a lot.... it was like you ducks don't have those 4 hour pregame how to chant in time with each other classes that the Flames have before each home game :)

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Any friendship we gained from this thread has been officially destroyed with your poor taste.
to you and your Ducks brethren :sarcasm:
200_s.gif

hangman005

Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Any friendship we gained from this
thread has been officially destroyed with your poor taste.

Yeah that would be the way Flames and Ducks fans go to war with each other, game on the ice, hey pal no problem, dis your favorite tv, THIS IS WAR! hahaha

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I barely ever watch any TV and think most popular series' are trash.

giphy.gif
I think popular network shows are garbage for the most part. I find more enjoyment in the ones on FX (Sons of Anarchy/The Shield/Rescue Me/Justified), AMC (Hell on Wheels/Mad Men/Breaking Bad/Halt and Catch Fire/The Killing), HBO (Sopranos/The Wire/Oz/Boardwalk Empire/Deadwood/Carnivale/Six Feet Under/Masters of Sex) & Showtime (Dexter/Nurse Jackie/Homeland/Ray Donovan/House of Lies).

Last edited:

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Jokes and that aside, I hope this series goes deep so we can build some bad blood. We are division rivals so it would be nice to add that to the fray. I love rivalries and think they are the life blood of sport. Truth be told the lack of dislike is kind of a let down.

Although the lack of ignorance is refreshing.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Jokes and that aside, I hope this series goes deep so we can build some bad blood. We are division rivals so it would be nice to add that to the fray. I love rivalries and think they are the life blood of sport. Truth be told the lack of dislike is kind of a let down.

Although the lack of ignorance is refreshing.

I'd rather not, the Jets series and the Stars series last season left a bad taste in my mouth.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I'd rather not, the Jets series and the Stars series last season left a bad taste in my mouth.

Me too. Plus, I actually like the Flames. If they knock us out, I'll be rooting for them the whole way.

Just to be clear I don't mean bad blood between the fans. I want the players to hate each other because that makes the best playoff match-ups. Don't want the players doing anything dirty either.

Although some of us Flames fans already hate a couple Ducks players. We really have no use for Kesler and Despres may have ended Smid's career earlier this year when he was still with the Penguins.

hangman005

Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Me too. Plus, I actually like the Flames. If they knock us out, I'll be rooting for them the whole way.

Don't mind the ducks, but with the Jets and Islanders out, and if we go out too.... save me a seat on the bandwagon :)

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Just to be clear I don't mean bad blood between the fans. I want the players to hate each other because that makes the best playoff match-ups. Don't want the players doing anything dirty either.

Although some of us Flames fans already hate a couple Ducks players. We really have no use for Kesler and Despres may have ended Smid's career earlier this year when he was still with the Penguins.

I've been wondering what the animosity towards Despres was about. Didn't realize he had injured one of your players. He's seemed pretty harmless since he got here. Got a clip of that incident?

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I've been wondering what the animosity towards Despres was about. Didn't realize he had injured one of your players. He's seemed pretty harmless since he got here. Got a clip of that incident?
I don't have a clip, sorry. From what I remember it was a hit from behind, close to the boards (much like the Bollig hit on Barrett Jackman a month or so ago), so a hit from behind/board. I don't recall if there was a penalty on the play either but if I am remembering it correctly I don't think it warranted more than 5 and a game at absolute most. It re-aggrivated an old neck injury Smid suffered when he was an Oiler

This is the Bollig hit that I seem to remember it being similar to.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I don't have a clip, sorry. From what I remember it was a hit from behind, close to the boards (much like the Bollig hit on Barrett Jackman a month or so ago), so a hit from behind/board. I don't recall if there was a penalty on the play either but if I am remembering it correctly I don't think it warranted more than 5 and a game at absolute most. It re-aggrivated an old neck injury Smid suffered when he was an Oiler

This is the Bollig hit that I seem to remember it being similar to.

Actually, it was much more similar to the Emelin hit on Gomez that preceded the Gomez elbow late in the season. Depres and Smid were chasing down a puck in the corner, Depres got to the puck first, but instead of taking it, waited for Smid to poke check and launched himself into Smid's head right as his stick whacked the puck.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Actually, it was much more similar to the Emelin hit on Gomez that preceded the Gomez elbow late in the season. Depres and Smid were chasing down a puck in the corner, Depres got to the puck first, but instead of taking it, waited for Smid to poke check and launched himself into Smid's head right as his stick whacked the puck.

Heres a video with multiple angles. It was pretty ****** of Despres.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...mid-hit-by-pittsburgh-penguins-simon-despres/

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room

wow, was I wrong, I wonder hit I am remembering :laugh:

vavera4ka

Quack! Quack!
Dec 27, 2014
twitter.com
so much rainbows and butterflies here lol

Come on Ducks! finish those Flames!

but they are so cute!

oh, allright then...

but seriously bad blood would be nice, but I honestly don't see Ducks players hating Flames... I can see the vice versa thing though very clearly under "right" circumstances

More likely though what I can see coming out od this series is the kind of relationship Ducks had with Yotes all those years: Big brother - little brother kind of thing. They will say they hate each other during the game but will hug it out later and Big Bro will take the kid to a diner for ice cream and sharing tips on how to get girls to say hi :laugh:

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
so much rainbows and butterflies here lol

Come on Ducks! finish those Flames!

but they are so cute!

oh, allright then...

but seriously bad blood would be nice, but I honestly don't see Ducks players hating Flames... I can see the vice versa thing though very clearly under "right" circumstances

More likely though what I can see coming out od this series is the kind of relationship Ducks had with Yotes all those years: Big brother - little brother kind of thing. They will say they hate each other during the game but will hug it out later and Big Bro will take the kid to a diner for ice cream and sharing tips on how to get girls to say hi :laugh:
Bollig's going to hurt somebody. He'll try, anyway. Ferland too. There'll be plenty of hate in this series I think.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Giordano practiced today. Limited contact, but he was taking shots and trying out his arm quite a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->