Player Discussion Pavel Zacha

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Hey, homer crew: What part of that is not true? He turns the puck over in his own zone often, yep. I find Hockey reference's giveway stat for him highly dubious. They list him with only 10 for the year so far. I have seen 10-almost all of them in his own zone-in the last two weeks! Maybe you just do not have eyes?
Soft with the puck because he tries to be too fancy, yep. Again, do you not have eyes?

He is not as slow as most of the other forwards, but does he have the jets on much of the time? No. (He has hustled more as of late...)

I was wrong about the faceoffs. According to Fox sports of all sites: He wins a solid 52.3%, which would put him ninth in the league-if he took enough of them. He is very inconsistent in that regard tough. According to Hockey reference game logs, he will be around 50% for a few games then he will go in the toilet against teams that are strong up the middle, like the Leafs.

You self corrected yourself, find out you were wrong about a few of your observations, and yet still wonder why I found fault with your previous post. This is fantastic stuff.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Hey, homer crew: What part of that is not true? He turns the puck over in his own zone often, yep. I find Hockey reference's giveway stat for him highly dubious. They list him with only 10 for the year so far. I have seen 10-almost all of them in his own zone-in the last two weeks! Maybe you just do not have eyes?
Soft with the puck because he tries to be too fancy, yep. Again, do you not have eyes?

He is not as slow as most of the other forwards, but does he have the jets on much of the time? No. (He has hustled more as of late...)

I was wrong about the faceoffs. According to Fox sports of all sites: He wins a solid 52.3%, which would put him ninth in the league-if he took enough of them. He is very inconsistent in that regard tough. According to Hockey reference game logs, he will be around 50% for a few games then he will go in the toilet against teams that are strong up the middle, like the Leafs.
for turnovers i feel hes only had blatant ones with the other team having yheir goalie pulled.
he had one against anaheim and against tampa last time we played them.
he is nowhere near as bad as lindholm gryz marchand snd prob carlo for the turnovers in the d zone.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
for turnovers i feel hes only had blatant ones with the other team having yheir goalie pulled.
he had one against anaheim and against tampa last time we played them.
he is nowhere near as bad as lindholm gryz marchand snd prob carlo for the turnovers in the d zone.
Agreed about the other guys being worse: Marchand always has been a high turnover guy, even at his best, but he also is great in the corners, tries to be strong in other areas, and he hustles his way through turnovers when he can.
This hurts me to say, but Grz has been plain bad....I think it's due to a combination of injury and especially the slow forwards who do not get open. Lindholm has the same problems to a lesser degree. He is a little sturdier, than Grz and reads plays better than Grz.
Carlo is just in the toilet the last 15 games-and it is getting worse. I am guessing he has a significant and nagging lower body injury which has caused him to lose a step and screwed up his reads and most everything else. He also seems to be in a fog.
I like Brando. He always gives a good effort, he has size and some skill, but recently he has been quite bad. Even at the best of times, he has average quickness, which makes him attackable.

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Simple case of you not knowing the defenition of a giveaway.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
2 goals and 4 assists in I believe in last 18 games ,and he plays on the Power Plays,is he hurt or what is the deal with him.Time to stick him on the fourth line maybe?

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
2 goals and 4 assists in I believe in last 18 games ,and he plays on the Power Plays,is he hurt or what is the deal with him.Time to stick him on the fourth line maybe?
Here is the Zacha that the Devils warned us about. still has a great contract, perhaps hes part of the package for a hertl or lindholm.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Hes only a few pts off last seasons totals if you go by pace.

However that is kind of disappointing when your #1 linemate by ice time is David Pastrnak.

His 5 on 5 production is in the same realm as JVRs, Heinens, JDBs, Geekies. Not good enough when you get to play with 88 and 63. He only has 4 more even strength pts than Poitras.

Last edited:

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1710073248517.png

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Hes only a few pts off last seasons totals if you go by pace.

However that is kind of disappointing when your #1 linemate by ice time is David Pastrnak.

His 5 on 5 production is in the same realm as JVRs, Heinens, JDBs, Geekies. Not good enough when you get to play with 88 and 63. He only has 4 more even strength pts than Poitras.

I'm not going to sweat it. He had a cold first 2/3 of the season, we know. But if he plays this pace going into the playoffs, I'm pumped. I'd rather that then he scored 40 to start the season and then goes ice cold into the playoffs...

Reactions: BMC

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Zacha’s simple solid play making me eat crow on him lately. If he continues to play like this he will continue to produce.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
His physical game is a bit understated this season too. 100 hits for a top 6C, obviously not a big bruiser but he's adding a little sprinkle of physicality and size to the top 6.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He's playing at a career best PPG. He's got a shot at 60 points, which would top last year's career best. He's also rocking a 54.7 FO percentage, another career best.

I still feel like Zacha has got another level in him to reach his full potential. But he's looking more and more like a long term solution to the top 6 center puzzle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alan Ryan

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
He's playing at a career best PPG. He's got a shot at 60 points, which would top last year's career best total points. He's also rocking a 54.7 FO percentage, another career best.

I still feel like Zacha has got another level in him to reach his full potential. But he's looking more and more like a long term solution to the top 6 center puzzel.
The guys he's been the past month is a guy that you don't move back to the wing IMO. If he can keep that going and carry it into the playoffs then I think you kinda have to leave him at center going into net season.

Reactions: BruinDust

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad