Pavel Bure is at Rogers Arena today

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Is this our big top 6 winger for the playoffs? :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, I think they'll be announcing his jersey retirement.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Sounds like he's just in town for another function - but he will meet the media at 11:45.

Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN 19m
No honor to be announced. He's just in town for another event @TheJasonWynne @snagg7: are they announcing a number retirement? A job?
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Sportsnet Pacific ‏@SNETPacific 45m
Pavel Bure will be in Vancouver and will have a media availability today at 11:45 this morning. #Canucks
Expand

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Jesus christ, just retire his number already! Do the right thing, Vancouver.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
I got excited thinking it was an announcement regarding his jersey retirement but apparently not. I dont know why they just dont do it already.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I got excited thinking it was an announcement regarding his jersey retirement but apparently not. I dont know why they just dont do it already.

He may not want it. He didn't leave the city on very good terms. Some fans have never forgiven him for what they saw as a traitor of some kind (but in reality was a guy just tired of being screwed around by the franchise). he likely doesn't want to show up to a ceremony and have the potential to be booed. How embarassing would that be?

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
He is going to announce he went through a Selanne like re-surgence and is going to come back to take us to the cup.

In all seriousness, i have no idea what this is about. Maybe he is our new Russian scout

M A K A V E L I*

A jersey retirement is coming. This is just to boost the community PR stuff. I think it'll happen against the Flames. That makes the most sense.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Bure is coming out of retirement to play for the canucks in the playoffs.........no wonder GIllis didn't go for Winger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad