Pavel Bure is at Rogers Arena today

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Great to see Bure smiling in this city again...retire his number, bring back the flying skate, win the Cup.

stickside

Oct 6, 2007
yessssss....

all these years later and people are still talking about pavel. he's definitely a canuck legend.

not like the last player who had his jersey retired wayyyyyyyyy too early. imo, it shouldn't have happened at all for naslund.

but whatev. just happy bure is making amends with the canuck family.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Just great to see the Rocket again.

Jersey retirement is a must obviously, and hearing that Francesco Aquilini and he have had discussions on it, it's a matter of when now, and not if. Can't wait for those plans to be finalized and announced.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Bure is without a doubt the best player to ever wear a canucks uniform. At least IMO. He's a hall of fame player who played over half of his career and scored over half his points as a canucks. They should retire his jersey (and not some ring of honour crap but retire). I'm glad it looks like they will.

It will always amaze me that as his career wound down he was playing without knees and he was still scoring at a 40 goal pace. If his knees didn't break down he would be just like Selanne. He retired at 32. He's 42 now...almost a year younger than Selanne. Hockey missed out on something special when his knees got destroyed.

stickside

Oct 6, 2007
Bure is without a doubt the best player to ever wear a canucks uniform. At least IMO. He's a hall of fame player who played over half of his career and scored over half his points as a canucks. They should retire his jersey (and not some ring of honour crap but retire). I'm glad it looks like they will.

and rename rogers arena 'the house that bure built'

vector209

Jan 7, 2012
Los Angeles, CA

It will always amaze me that as his career wound down and he was playing without knees he was still scoring at a 40 goal pace. If his knees didn't break down he would be just like Selanne. He retired at 32. He's 42 now...a year younger than Selanne.

Don't really think you need the IMO in this case. It goes without saying, this guy is the most talented Canuck ever. While the Sedins will likely be known for their greater career accomplishments due to their longevity, Bure will always stand out as the most skilled Canuck to date.

The fact that he got a Californian like me in the 90's to cheer for this team (no small feat when Wayne Gretzky was leading his team to the finals just the year before) speaks volumes about his electrifying ability.

Ask Sam Bradford (from Oklahoma no less) who his favorite NHL team is and he'll likely give you the same reason why.

It's just a shame the Canucks have lacked that kind of player for years now. Hopefully soon...

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville

It will always amaze me that as his career wound down he was playing without knees and he was still scoring at a 40 goal pace. If his knees didn't break down he would be just like Selanne. He retired at 32. He's 42 now...almost a year younger than Selanne. Hockey missed out on something special when his knees got destroyed.

Hockey missed out on something special wen't Bure went to the Panthers instead of joining Gretzky in NY.

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
I ****ing love Bure. Sounds like we really are going to retire his jersey FINALLY.

He used to have his boat at the same marina that ours was in. I'd go sailing with my Dad and there would always be a ton of smoking hot Russian chicks with his friends (i assume they were his friends, other relatives maybe) on his boat. Never saw him there I don't think. I remember seeing his brother though.

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Seems to me like theyre leading toward Jersey Retirement. Bringing him back to Vancouver, having him interact with the community and involved in Canucks for Kids.

ayoshi

Nov 3, 2010
Gotta do it right and retire Pavel's #10. Greatest Canuck ever IMO.

Canucks could use him on the ice right now too!!!!:yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad