Pavel Bure is at Rogers Arena today

stickside

Oct 6, 2007
bringing him back to town definitely seems like a trial balloon to see how the vancity fans will react. hope he gets a fricken standing ovation if they show him on the jumbotron tonight :yo:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I think Bure is here to retire his number 10.

Not at this time, but I think it will be soon. Heavily alluded to this morning. Regardless of the plan, Aquaman deserves kudos for mending the bridge between Bure and the organization. Never thought I would see him in a Canucks jersey again. That picture is something else.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Not at this time, but I think it will be soon. Heavily alluded to this morning. Regardless of the plan, Aquaman deserves kudos for mending the bridge between Bure and the organization. Never thought I would see him in a Canucks jersey again. That picture is something else.
It better be next season where they retire it.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
I remember moving from Edmonton to Vancouver when I was about 9 years old, I didn't really care much for the Canucks at all at the time.

Hell, I got to watch the Oilers during their dynasty and I've always held a soft spot for that team to this day, but Bure was the catalyst that made me a Canucks fan for life.

Good to see the Canucks organization finally extending an olive branch to him. Hope we retire his number next season.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Don't really think you need the IMO in this case. It goes without saying, this guy is the most talented Canuck ever. While the Sedins will likely be known for their greater career accomplishments due to their longevity, Bure will always stand out as the most skilled Canuck to date.

You'd think that but boy oh boy have I had discussions with some that refuse to see it.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
I remember a few years back team 1040 played an april fools joke and had bure come out of retirement to play for the canucks. Even had an interview with him. I must have texted a billion people before i realized what day it was.

JA

From Sportsnet:

The Jumbotron feed:

165579872_slide.jpg

Hal 9000*

Very nice of Bure to come here for the kids, shows that he actually cares about Vancouver and his time here.

It's nice to know that the tried and true art of shaking hands and kissing babies can still win people over.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I'm willing to bet money if he wanted to he could still play and be effective.

i mean, we all love pavel for being the rocket and all that, but how incredibly much could he help this team just sitting back there at the point teeing up one-timers from the sedins on the PP?

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
He would win us some key face-offs and he would answer the bell whenever somebody messed with the Sedins. If we had been able to trade Luongo at the deadline, Bure would have given us the flexibility to not need a goaltender as part of the return because he is also an awesome backup

13elieve

Jul 12, 2010
He would win us some key face-offs and he would answer the bell whenever somebody messed with the Sedins. If we had been able to trade Luongo at the deadline, Bure would have given us the flexibility to not need a goaltender as part of the return because he is also an awesome backup

Bure could win the Vezina, Norris, and GM of the year if he came back.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
i mean, we all love pavel for being the rocket and all that, but how incredibly much could he help this team just sitting back there at the point teeing up one-timers from the sedins on the PP?

for next years pre season? who cares, he doesn't look old and flabby, could be good, of course I'm against this if he wouldn't look good out there.

JA

This is from the 1994 Canucks Fan Appreciation Day. When Pavel's name was announced, the entire crowd erupted with excitement. This may be the loudest ovation a Vancouver player has ever received. He helped shape Vancouver into a hockey market:

His jersey retirement will be tremendous. Without a doubt, he is the greatest Canuck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad