Value of: Pavel Buchnevich

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
I told him he was lost in space then I saw him ask you that lol

no hes sure he can get Parayko for a hamburger on Tuesday
Better be a got dam jesus burger lol. Parayko is a monster. You find him a jaybo and you got the best dang dline just like in 2019

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Berggren, wallinder, 2025 1st. I think that would be quite competitive…

I’m biased though as I love this player. Essentially PPG and has some physicality.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
if by in between you mean replace berggren with kasper, sure, i'd consider that.
Honestly, I don’t think Kasper is as safe as Wings fans believe. Only because of Danielson.

I don’t think the Blues get a 1st back though if Kasper is traded.

Then again no one knows what SFY is thinking with trades..

Maybe

Kaspar + Wallinder+ 3rd

For

Buch w/ext + 2nd (not sure what picks STL has)

I’m high on Buch. Dude has at least 3-4 years of 60-70P play maybe even one higher peak year.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Honestly, I don’t think Kasper is as safe as Wings fans believe. Only because of Danielson.

I don’t think the Blues get a 1st back though if Kasper is traded.

Then again no one knows what SFY is thinking with trades..
fair enough. what i think gets lost in a lot of these discussions is that the blues don't need to trade buchy. they likely don't even want to as without him our team likely has no chance at playoffs for next couple years, and we don't want to just suck for years like so many rebuilding teams do. so return needs to really make it worth our while. if he was ufa after this season, an offer like the original one here- or others floating around this thread and elsewhere- would be strong value. so if we really like kasper and/or wallinder, then maybe that would work as basis, but this is going to be a deal where we are focused on getting at least 1 piece that we see as high end. and if we don't, we keep guy who is probably our 2nd best player.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
fair enough. what i think gets lost in a lot of these discussions is that the blues don't need to trade buchy. they likely don't even want to as without him our team likely has no chance at playoffs for next couple years, and we don't want to just suck for years like so many rebuilding teams do. so return needs to really make it worth our while. if he was ufa after this season, an offer like the original one here- or others floating around this thread and elsewhere- would be strong value. so if we really like kasper and/or wallinder, then maybe that would work as basis, but this is going to be a deal where we are focused on getting at least 1 piece that we see as high end. and if we don't, we keep guy who is probably our 2nd best player.
Yeah I edited my post.

I’d be willing to trade Kaspar for him but only with an extension assuming STL doesn’t want to resign him. I actually don’t really know what his future is with STL really. Just really like his game.

But again I’m drinking captain Morgan and love Buch. Russian players in general intrigue me.

Plus he completely fills out our top six with Kaner.

Reactions: Blueston

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Never said it wasnt. I just gave my reasoning why I feel the team wouldn't move on from their top d prospect, let alone their top 2. This ask would have to target a team with a deeper pool for sure, like a Detroit. If it was ep 1st and a fwd prospect and cap dump I can see the avenue being visited. Love buch, but unless a star was coming back I couldn't see them willingly moving willander. He was drafted by this regime whom targeted him, so it'd take quite a haul to get them to release their grip of him
100%. If the Blues want a legit D prospect in any trade for Buchnevich, the Canucks can’t afford to be that team, and won’t be that team.

Teams rarely trade those type of prospects. They’re gold, and there’s many teams who don’t even have one to trade.

So if the Blues want one, they need to look at teams that have more than one or two. Your Detroit or Anaheim’s of the world. Those teams will be much more willing to part with one, but it’ll have to be in the right deal, as well. Don’t see Anaheim in the market for Buchnevich.

It’s always easy to say, “this is what we would want” but even in the PLD deal, the Kings held onto Clarke, who I’m sure the Jets asked for.

We’d be much more likely to see a 1st and a forward, or second tier D prospect. Meaning a prospect who’s much more likely to be a bottom pairing guy, if he makes it. Unless of course, the Blues deal with only a very limited number of teams, who can afford to trade one of those Top 4 D prospects.

That’s why a Buchnevich trade with Detroit would make some sense, if they want a good D prospect. Whether Detroit would think so, who knows.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
100%. If the Blues want a legit D prospect in any trade for Buchnevich, the Canucks can’t afford to be that team, and won’t be that team.

Teams rarely trade those type of prospects. They’re gold, and there’s many teams who don’t even have one to trade.

So if the Blues want one, they need to look at teams that have more than one or two. Your Detroit or Anaheim’s of the world. Those teams will be much more willing to part with one, but it’ll have to be in the right deal, as well. Don’t see Anaheim in the market for Buchnevich.

It’s always easy to say, “this is what we would want” but even in the PLD deal, the Kings held onto Clarke, who I’m sure the Jets asked for.

We’d be much more likely to see a 1st and a forward, or second tier D prospect. Meaning a prospect who’s much more likely to be a bottom pairing guy, if he makes it. Unless of course, the Blues deal with only a very limited number of teams, who can afford to trade one of those Top 4 D prospects.

That’s why a Buchnevich trade with Detroit would make some sense, if they want a good D prospect. Whether Detroit would think so, who knows.
D prospect would be blues preference, but key is quality of the prospect. every team has "prospects". to deal buchy with 2 playoff runs, primary piece of return needs to project as top 4 d or top 6 center (or top line wing, as we have more good wing prospects than anything else). i get why canucks don't want to deal willander, but that is kind of guy we would be expecting. and if nobody of that quality is available, we wait. if a year from now we still have him and he isn't going to be resigned you deal him for best package you can get, which may well be a 1st and potential bottom pairing d. but no reason to make that move today.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
I had no idea Parayko of today is equal to Parayko of five years ago plus a whole Pietrangelo. Is that true?
What does petro have anything to do with it. Parayko had a bad year last year. You look at his numbers thos year and it tells a different story. But most people just follow bad info.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
D prospect would be blues preference, but key is quality of the prospect. every team has "prospects". to deal buchy with 2 playoff runs, primary piece of return needs to project as top 4 d or top 6 center (or top line wing, as we have more good wing prospects than anything else). i get why canucks don't want to deal willander, but that is kind of guy we would be expecting. and if nobody of that quality is available, we wait. if a year from now we still have him and he isn't going to be resigned you deal him for best package you can get, which may well be a 1st and potential bottom pairing d. but no reason to make that move today.
That’s the thing though. Teams don’t trade those type of prospects unless they have extras, or are desperate for something. So if that’s what the Blues want, they’ll have to try getting one from someone willing to trade one. Their best bet is with a team who has a deep pool of dmen prospects.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
That’s the thing though. Teams don’t trade those type of prospects unless they have extras, or are desperate for something. So if that’s what the Blues want, they’ll have to try getting one from someone willing to trade one. Their best bet is with a team who has a deep pool of dmen prospects.
i think someone like scott morrow or liam bishcel even would potentially qualify, someone better than a brz or william wallinder.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
What does petro have anything to do with it. Parayko had a bad year last year. You look at his numbers thos year and it tells a different story. But most people just follow bad info.
Oh, what it has to do with it is you specifically cited the Blues defense in 2019 as a comparison, you said having Parayko makes it equal to the 2019 defense. Did you know he was on that team too? He was!

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Bro go read my post again.
Oh, what it has to do with it is you specifically cited the Blues defense in 2019 as a comparison, you said having Parayko makes it equal to the 2019 defense. Did you know he was on that team too? He w
Lol please show me where i stated that. Also jaybo and parayko where the best pairing (shutdown) blues had in the 2019 run. They stoped teams best lines. But hey keep putting words in my mouth.

Nuckler

May 7, 2013
Now that the Canucks picked up Lindholm I'd see if STL would take the 25' 1st, soucy, and lekkarimaki for Buch @ %50. Is the value there?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Now that the Canucks picked up Lindholm I'd see if STL would take the 25' 1st, soucy, and lekkarimaki for Buch @ %50. Is the value there?
I don't think we actually move Buchnevich now that we are in a position to push for the playoffs. The other facotr is if Buchnevich is open to extending her or not. Lekkarimaki or Willander would definitely get a conversation going though, so certainly value here.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
After what Calgary received from Vancouver for Lindholm, how can you not put his name out there.

I don't really wanna trade Buch but you do make a compelling argument. Considering Buch has an extra year, I'd think we could get more than what Vancouver paid for Lindholm.

I've said all along that it depends on what Buch wants. If he wants to be in StL long term then I'd prefer to keep him. If he's determined to test the market, which I wouldn't hold against him, then trade him for the biggest package possible. At least we can take that Brz guy out of the discussion now

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
What teams are left that need a top line forward and have the d prospect we need?
CBJ fan here. Does LH vs RH matter?

What about the Avs? Maybe try to get Byram + Gulyayev + pick and take back Johansen for 3C. Schenn to 1LW? Not sure how the cap would work. I think the Blues would still be a good team, even losing Buch.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
CBJ fan here. Does LH vs RH matter?

What about the Avs? Maybe try to get Byram + Gulyayev + pick and take back Johansen for 3C. Schenn to 1LW? Not sure how the cap would work.
I don't see the Blues and Avs being very good trade partners.

Side note: if Buch is traded we will most likely see Neighbors move up to the top line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad