Value of: Pavel Buchnevich

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
1st and a top defensive prospect would be what I'd look for.

I'm really not sure what our plans are on him though. Could easily see us extend him, could also see us holding onto him until next trade deadline.

Reactions: molotce

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
As others have said, its a 1st and a good defensive prospect. Someone with top pair potential.

That is if we don't want to re-sign him. He might be a veteran we want to keep around to show our prospects the right way to play. It all depends on what he wants and if he wants to stay in St. Louis. If he doesn't want to re-sign, we'll take best offer, so 1st + Lucius isn't out of the realm of possibility. I definitely think we'd shop him a bit more before settling on that though.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
1st + solid defense first defensive prospect is the ask. Preferred LHS. If we retain the price goes up a bit

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
Oilers first and 2nd in 24, 1 and 2 in 25, Broberg, Holloway and Campbell

for Buch and Binnington

Reactions: southsider

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003

for Buch and Binnington

NO. I don't want Campbell in any way shape or form. Holloway is a 22 year old who can't stick in the NHL as a forward - headed towards bust territory. Edmonton fans have soured on Broberg and his development seems to have stalled this year. I am not sure he offers the Blues anything more then a bottom pairing guy (and we have plenty of those).

And I don't think you will find any fan from Edmonton who doesn't think this is an overpay or will not be willing to give up 2 1st rounds.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
With the amount of goalies in our pipeline I’d consider packaging Buch and Binny but we need quality blue liners out of that deal or forget it.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Oilers 1st, Broberg, Holloway, Campbell for Buchnevich
At best, this is "take Campbell, we'll give you a 1st for that - and then we'll give you Broberg and Holloway for Buchnevich." Which ... no. I wouldn't take a 1st to take Campbell. I like Holloway, think he needs a confidence boost or time in the AHL to get seriously coached, but Broberg is a throw-in IMO.

for Buch and Binnington
You don't have a 2nd in '25 - that got sent to Arizona.

Ignoring that: you have to get both Buchnevich and Binnington to waive NTCs for Edmonton. One might be doable; two may be asking a lot.

finnishflash13

Oct 28, 2020
At best, this is "take Campbell, we'll give you a 1st for that - and then we'll give you Broberg and Holloway for Buchnevich." Which ... no. I wouldn't take a 1st to take Campbell. I like Holloway, think he needs a confidence boost or time in the AHL to get seriously coached, but Broberg is a throw-in IMO.

You don't have a 2nd in '25 - that got sent to Arizona.

Ignoring that: you have to get both Buchnevich and Binnington to waive NTCs for Edmonton. One might be doable; two may be asking a lot.
NTCs don't exist here in GM fantasy land. All these proposals should be made ASAP. /s

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
As others have said, its a 1st and a good defensive prospect. Someone with top pair potential.

That is if we don't want to re-sign him. He might be a veteran we want to keep around to show our prospects the right way to play. It all depends on what he wants and if he wants to stay in St. Louis. If he doesn't want to re-sign, we'll take best offer, so 1st + Lucius isn't out of the realm of possibility. I definitely think we'd shop him a bit more before settling on that though.
That’s probably an unrealistic ask. These guys with real top pair potential are usually the D drafted in the top 10 that are trending in the right direction.

I could see a first and a great D prospect that is trending well and is going to be a good top 4.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Just bring Buch home to Broadway....

Never should've dealt him....rectify it now.... With 50% retention 😂
It will be tough to afford his next contract now. So with the assets we give up, and then having to pay him, it seems highly unlikely, unless this was deadline next year and it was a playoff run move with limited intentions on going into 2025-2026 with him. The move was made. It's over. We can cry in the corner together if you like.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
That’s probably an unrealistic ask. These guys with real top pair potential are usually the D drafted in the top 10 that are trending in the right direction.

I could see a first and a great D prospect that is trending well and is going to be a good top 4.

It doesn't have to be a guy that projects as a top pair, just someone who could hit it if everything breaks right. I'm not expecting Nemec. What you describe, a guy that is going to be a top 4 probably has an outside chance to be a low end top 2. That's all I'm asking.

Plus we don't have to trade him yet. Next TDL with retention, we could get close to 1st plus prospect. So I'm willing to hold out for a prospect I like for now rather than settling.

Reactions: Blueston

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
I noticed in fantasy he has center eligibility but does he ever actually play center?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad