Confirmed with Link: Pavel Buchnevich Suspended 1 Game

H00fHearted

Jun 20, 2018
They even acknowledge that Mantha instigated the confrontation and that Buchnevich was unwillingly put in the position of defending himself. I guess the NHL's position is that he should have just let himself get crosschecked in the neck.

"It is important to note that while we agree that Buchnevich’s actions are defensive in nature, players are not excused from following league rules because of the actions of their opponent. While Mantha’s actions may have been provacative, Buchnevich is not permitted to respond to that provacation with a reckless and forceful strike directly to the face of an opponent.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
They even acknowledge that Mantha instigated the confrontation and that Buchnevich was unwillingly put in the position of defending himself. I guess the NHL's position is that he should have just let himself get crosschecked in the neck.

"It is important to note that while we agree that Buchnevich’s actions are defensive in nature, players are not excused from following league rules because of the actions of their opponent. While Mantha’s actions may have been provacative, Buchnevich is not permitted to respond to that provacation with a reckless and forceful strike directly to the face of an opponent.
That's a f***ing joke.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Thats a win for the NYR

1 game for a blatant and intentional cross check to the face??

HA. thats a win you take every day.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Bettman has taken the NHL as far as he can.

What is this? A lifetime membership to the Commisioners office? I'm sure some could do a worse job while somebody has to better.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
A rare picture of the DOPS's main offices

OIP.tHxOWpI8dEpxK_pC_jcAAwHaEK

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
With this mind that we have to make the playoffs next season, re-signing him is a must. Zibanejad also, if they don't trade for Eichel
Hmm.. I actually think they’re both getting traded.
Hopefully not for Eichel though. I don’t want him.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
worth it, it's 1 game that means nothing and the DoPS look like even bigger tools. perfect.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad