Proposal: Pavel Buchnevich for a top-4 LHD

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Graves can get more, way way way more.
He said top 4 LHD and all he offered was a 3rd line winger for a team like the Avs. That isn’t remotely close to enough, so I added a great prospect to make the deal pencil for the Avs.

Or just do a deal for Zadorov and you get a solid 3rd pair and elite hitter for a 3rd line winger. But Zadorov isn’t a top 4. He is LHD.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
He said top 4 LHD and all he offered was a 3rd line winger for a team like the Avs. That isn’t remotely close to enough, so I added a great prospect to make the deal pencil for the Avs.

Or just do a deal for Zadorov and you get a solid 3rd pair and elite hitter for a 3rd line winger. But Zadorov isn’t a top 4. He is LHD.

I assumed you were joking earlier in this thread but its become evident that you're not..

Please stop posting, just making Avs fans look terrible and yourself look even worse.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Buch is not anything special he’s a dime a a dozen player.

Buffalo has at wing

LW Olofsson, Skinner , Kahun, MoJo, Rusotsalienen
RW Reinhart, Cozens, Thompson, Mittlestadt, Pekar, Asplund

And other prospects

Their likrly ptotection for ED...Eichel, Skinner, Reinhart, Olofsson, Mittlestadt, Kahun, center

On buffalo he’s be an overpaid 3rd liner who goes unprotected in the expansion draft.

Not trading down for that, it costs a lot more.

Disagree with the assessment in bold.
Obv Eichel and Skinner, sure.
Reinhart is a discussion, not a slam dunk.

Rest of that group is the same coalition that got you where you are now, not seeing any basis to stay there.
Gotta improve or accept the consequences.

And Mitt is disingenuous, quite frankly. Sure he's not total bust territory yet, and there is the hope they can beef that kid up and he won't lose flexibility and keep his skill level. But he is not anywhere near as developed as Buch. Buch is actual, Mitt is potential, and not guaranteed potential either.

If Sabes wanna grow, have to take measured risk.

And again, there are no Chytil level Cs to be had even for overpay. Supply and demand, and there is a shortage.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
just no way buch returns a legit top 4d without a major add. buch is arguably a top six player and more likely a middle six player and since he doesn't play center, a pork chop needs to come with him to get a legit top 4D

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
just no way buch returns a legit top 4d without a major add. buch is arguably a top six player and more likely a middle six player and since he doesn't play center, a pork chop needs to come with him to get a legit top 4D

The key here is how high up the ladder D being returned.
Buch is not prime filet mignon, but he's not chopped liver, either.

However, unless it is a package, or other deal moves Deangelo, OP is flawed to extent it specifically seeks LD. Rangers want to move Buch for best return regardless of position, esp considering exp drft.

Other than exp dr exempt Broberg, to which Rangers would have to add significantly, not seeing LD match. NY hopefully moves on from Staal/Smith and gives mins to Hajek/Rykov.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
The key here is how high up the ladder D being returned.
Buch is not prime filet mignon, but he's not chopped liver, either.

However, unless it is a package, or other deal moves Deangelo, OP is flawed to extent it specifically seeks LD. Rangers want to move Buch for best return regardless of position, esp considering exp drft.

Other than exp dr exempt Broberg, to which Rangers would have to add significantly, not seeing LD match. NY hopefully moves on from Staal/Smith and gives mins to Hajek/Rykov.
honestly, a buch for Gardiner type trade is the only thing I can see makes sense and that's not even the type of D the rangers are looking for. nobody is trading a stay at home top 4 D for buch

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
honestly, a buch for Gardiner type trade is the only thing I can see makes sense and that's not even the type of D the rangers are looking for. nobody is trading a stay at home top 4 D for buch

Sorry, Gardiner makes less than zero sense for Rangers on multiple levels.
W/exp dr,
we move/buy out overpriced Staal/Smith, and play Hajek/Rykov + to see what we've got.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Sorry, Gardiner makes less than zero sense for Rangers on multiple levels.
W/exp dr,
we move/buy out overpriced Staal/Smith, and play Hajek/Rykov + to see what we've got.
we agree. I was just saying that's where the value likely stands. for this thread, it's just not going to return what the OP is looking for

Reactions: bernmeister

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I assumed you were joking earlier in this thread but its become evident that you're not..

Please stop posting, just making Avs fans look terrible and yourself look even worse.
Graves is a top 4 defender for the Avs. Just scored a goal last game. He’s blossomed into quite an important piece. There are a few idiot Avs fans that swoon over Zadorov, but Graves is the much better player and more valuable player.

the guy asked for a top 4 LHD. That’s Graves if you’re talking Avs as a trade partner. But Graves is far more valuable than a 3rd line winger making roughly the same money as Z. Who did you have in mind if you’re trading Graves to the Rangers?

Buch isn’t good enough to be the base so I grabbed a guy that is. And added Buch so the Rangers can free up cap space. It’s not an outlandish response.

the concept of this thread is the problem. Dude wants a top 4 LHD for a 3rd line winger. Lots of past posters said the same thing. Buch won’t fetch this.

and no, I wasn’t joking. If you want a player the caliber of Graves, it’s going to cost A LOT.

Last edited:

Rangers394

Aug 5, 2020
Not sure there is a trade to be made regarding a winger and defensemen. Maybe a center for Buchnevich would be better value

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Not sure there is a trade to be made regarding a winger and defensemen. Maybe a center for Buchnevich would be better value

Who do you have in mind?
Supply and demand, not a lot of surplus pivots out there.

And again, exp drft.
Don't want to spend a protection slot on a guy who we are not paying long term; why flip PB for a comparable pivot and then maybe have to expose?

I see it is one of:
Buch + for a pick upgrade
or
Buch +/++ for an elite or at least bluer blue chip prospect [Broberg] WHO IS EXP DRAFT EXEMPT
or
3 way, bigger deal, Buch to a team, that team kicks in, we add, then get better picks or that Broberg-esque guy

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Rest of that group is the same coalition that got you where you are now, not seeing any basis to stay there.

And Mitt is disingenuous, quite frankly. Sure he's not total bust territory yet, and there is the hope they can beef that kid up and he won't lose flexibility and keep his skill level. But he is not anywhere near as developed as Buch. Buch is actual, Mitt is potential, and not guaranteed potential either.

And again, there are no Chytil level Cs to be had even for overpay. Supply and demand, and there is a shortage.

Reinhart is two levels above Buch.
Olofsson would have been a ROY candidate if he wasnt injured.
Cozens is better

With Skinner ythose are your top 3 wingers making him a 3rd line winger.

Mitts is still a 21 yr old on an ELC. He has talent. He did win WJC honors. He just needs to devlop more strength. talent potential he is better than BUch.

then there is ROI--return on investment or what do they do for the prive they cost. Buch is making triple an ELC,

Buch is not the risk worth taking if it costs that much.

You need to add another 1st at least to trade from 13 to 8--Buch isnt worth a first.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

the other part of the problem from the OP is he wants a tiop 3 that is cheaper than $3M AAV.

those dont get traded unless they are a pending UFA and the team has a young layer ready to take over the top 4.

On Buffalo McCabe would be that sort of player but with Lawrence Pilut going to the KHL that leaves a big void in Buffalo on :D if mcCabe is traded and they have a big hole on the Left side.

If Mcabe is gone its Dahlin then a bunch of ELC LDs

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Who do you have in mind?

And again, exp drft.
Don't want to spend a protection slot on a guy who we are not paying long term; why flip PB for a comparable pivot and then maybe have to expose?

I see it is one of:
or
Buch +/++ for an elite or at least bluer blue chip prospect [Broberg] WHO IS EXP DRAFT EXEMPT
or
3 way, bigger deal, Buch to a team, that team kicks in, we add, then get better picks or that Broberg-esque guy

Buch doesnt get you a blue chip prospect given his age and hes 2 yrs left.

If anything this is what you hope Seattle takes in the ED from your team.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020

Olofsson, Skinner, Reinhart & Cozens are all better than Buchnevich. He is a 3rd line winger on Buffalo.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Nyr are better off trading Buchnevich separately.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Graves is a top 4 defender for the Avs. Just scored a goal last game. He’s blossomed into quite an important piece. There are a few idiot Avs fans that swoon over Zadorov, but Graves is the much better player and more valuable player.

the guy asked for a top 4 LHD. That’s Graves if you’re talking Avs as a trade partner. But Graves is far more valuable than a 3rd line winger making roughly the same money as Z. Who did you have in mind if you’re trading Graves to the Rangers?

Buch isn’t good enough to be the base so I grabbed a guy that is. And added Buch so the Rangers can free up cap space. It’s not an outlandish response.

the concept of this thread is the problem. Dude wants a top 4 LHD for a 3rd line winger. Lots of past posters said the same thing. Buch won’t fetch this.

and no, I wasn’t joking. If you want a player the caliber of Graves, it’s going to cost A LOT.

....you just had to make another post in this thread didn't you. Digging a hole even deeper.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think, as others have suggested...the problem is that a decent winger like Buchnevich, just doesn't carry the sort of value to bring back even a comparably decent defenceman. Defencemen and Centers just carry so much more value. So you're at the point where, i'm not even sure Buchnevich can be the "centerpiece" of a deal for a quality Top-4D. You can't just keep adding on lesser pieces in a "quantity for quality" sort of deal. So you're talking about adding on significant picks/prospects that realistically become the centerpiece probably. That might just be the better route to go.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Who do you have in mind?

And again, exp drft.

I see it is one of:
or
or

I curios to see what is the ++ for an exempt blue chip prospect, cuz they are worth a ton. If I had a player like Broberg, I would want exempt players back aswell.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I curios to see what is the ++ for an exempt blue chip prospect, cuz they are worth a ton. If I had a player like Broberg, I would want exempt players back aswell.

I am open to discussing anything reasonable.
I believe we can move some guys and if desperate consider buyout on Staal, Smith.

With extra cap, something like:
CAR/TOR 2020 1st [projects 20-ish]
Buchnevich 3.25 next season, still rfa
DAL 2020 3rd
Lindbom [G prospect taken 30 something early 2nd round coupla yrs ago]

for

Broberg
Neal (cap dump after this 3 seasons 5.75 per)

something like that.
mostly futures

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad