Value of: Paul Stastny's Next Contract

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Everyone knows when Stastny signs his next deal, he doesn't also take Laine and Ehlers with him; he goes back to being Stastny without Laine and Ehlers.

I can't think of any ones 2nd line centre other than Little that wouldn't be a great match up. Jets don't have to over pay Stastny, he knows this and so do the Jets.

It all comes down to, does he want to do well and win; or just be a nobody money player after his career is over.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Everyone knows when Stastny signs his next deal, he doesn't also take Laine and Ehlers with him; he goes back to being Stastny without Laine and Ehlers.

I can't think of any ones 2nd line centre other than Little that wouldn't be a great match up. Jets don't have to over pay Stastny, he knows this and so do the Jets.

It all comes down to, does he want to do well and win; or just be a nobody money player after his career is over.

Again with the fallacy that if he signs with the Jets for cheap, he will be rewarded with multiple Cups, but if he goes elsewhere he will be a nobody loser. If what you say is true, then any center who isn't an ankle bender could perform at the same levels thanks to Laine and Ehlers, so why pay a premium?

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I don’t see Stas signing a one year deal. His stint with Laine has probably increased his value a smidge though I have a feeling he would prefer to play in Winnipeg, Colorado or St. Louis if all other factors are equal.

Reactions: kittiecarlyle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad