Coach Discussion: Paul Maurice: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I agree but unfortunately I don't see it happening. The bromance between Maurice and Chevy is too strong.
That.... and 114 pts will not help you get fired either :sarcasm:
The standings are bunched up ….positions 1-23 separated by 8 points
Maurice ain't going anywhere this season regardless.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think the Cheveldayoff should have a meeting with Quenneville to see if he'd be interested in coaching the Jets, if Maurice has another decline fire him. Just think this opportunity for both the Jets and Quenneville is way... too good to pass up. This is just his kind of roster.

But still, I think the Jets should move Maurice to another position if he would like to stay with the Jets considering he did a good job moving the team forward when he came here.

Reactions: Gotaf7

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Perhaps, I just see it as doing what he believes is the best recipe to win hockey games and not changing his belief system. He definitely has a preferred way of doing things, a number of which I disagree with. I think Maurice has stayed employed so long because he is a good guy at taking teams in transition and building a culture. This is new territory for him, having the reigns of a truly talented team, not sure whether he'll adapt enough to take it all the way.

Very good point. It's going to take some change on his part, and I like the guy, so hope he can manage to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad