Confirmed with Link: Paul Maurice signs 3 year deal to be head coach of the Florida Panthers (update 3/3/2023 given vote of confidence by Bill Zito)

Would you have preferred Brunette return over hiring Maurice?

• yes, give him the chance to grow

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • no, Florida doesn't have time to see him through the growing pains

Votes: 67 66.3%

• Total voters

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
So how is a win over Boston more important than a win over Columbus

Don't know if you've ever played competitive sports, but there is no sign more indicative of a shitty team/athlete than one who plays to the level of its opponent.
Lol read your first paragraph over to yourself again.

Yes it's not ideal to play down to the level of opponents, but every team does it. It's human nature. However not every team can beat good teams consistently.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
M

no they aren’t. They literally can’t win 2 in a row yet alone 3. Beating good teams is irrelevant when u lose to nashvilles.
Yes they can win 3. They've also won 7 in 10 once this season, which is good enough with every one having less than 20 games left in the season. Also I keep pointing out, the fact, that the Panthers are playing as well lately as any of these teams besides Ottawa. Records don't lie. And yet you guys still have this make believe idea that the Panthers have a shite record lately.

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
Lol read your first paragraph over to yourself again.

Yes it's not ideal to play down to the level of opponents, but every team does it. It's human nature. However not every team can beat good teams consistently.
My first paragraph included the word "important." Is it funny because you misread it as "impressive"? Joke is on you.

Every team/player does not play down to their opponent. It's human nature? Lol what a crock of shit.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Yes they can win 3. They've also won 7 in 10 once this season, which is good enough with every one having less than 20 games left in the season. Also I keep pointing out, the fact, that the Panthers are playing as well lately as any of these teams besides Ottawa. Records don't lie. And yet you guys still have this make believe idea that the Panthers have a shite record lately.

Our record is 5-5 in the last 10 games.
NY Islanders 5-2-3
Pittsburgh 5-5. Same as us!
Buffalo 6-4
Ottawa 7-2-1
Washington 3-7-0 (Only one worse for teams around us and they basically sold at the trade deadline). And they are level on points and games played with us.

We're currently out of a wildcard spot and with the exception of the Islanders, teams have games in hand on as well. Not counting Washington because I think they are out of the running, and we stand a slightly better chance than them.

Yes, records don't lie. You just seem to struggle to understand them.

We have not been consistent all season, and struggle to put winning runs together this season. Hence we're out of a wildcard spot, running out of games, with teams performing similar to us or better in the last 10 games. We have been okay in our last 10 games, but 5-5 is not a great record, especially when we are trying to make a playoff push.

The skeptimism is warranted. There is still an outside chance we make it, but odds are that we won't.

Last edited:
Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
My first paragraph included the word "important." Is it funny because you misread it as "impressive"? Joke is on you.

Every team/player does not play down to their opponent. It's human nature? Lol what a crock of shit.
No, I read it correctly as important.

Yes every team plays down to their opponents. The Leafs just lost to the Canucks 4-1. The Bruins lost to the Caps a few games ago. They also lost to the Sens in December when the Sens were bad. The Avs lost a lot of games earlier in the year to bad teams, before they decided to turn it on and get into.a playoff spot. Yet somehow you only see the Panthers doing this.

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
No, I read it correctly as important.

Yes every team plays down to their opponents. The Leafs just lost to the Canucks 4-1. The Bruins lost to the Caps a few games ago. They also lost to the Sens in December when the Sens were bad. The Avs lost a lot of games earlier in the year to bad teams, before they decided to turn it on and get into.a playoff spot. Yet somehow you only see the Panthers doing this.
The Bruins and Leafs have had nothing to play for for a while. The Avs were decimated with injuries before they "decided to turn it on." Try again.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Our record is 5-5 in the last 10 games.
NY Islanders 5-2-3
Pittsburgh 5-5. Same as us!
Buffalo 6-4
Ottawa 7-2-1
Washington 3-7-0 (Only one worse for teams around us and they basically sold at the trade deadline). And they are level on points and games played with us.

We're currently out of a wildcard spot and with the exception of the Islanders, teams have games in hand on as well. Not counting Washington because I think they are out of the running, and we stand a slightly better chance than them.

Yes, records don't lie. You just seem to struggle to understand them.

We have not been consistent all season, and struggle to put winning runs together this season. Hence we're out of a wildcard spot, running out of games, with teams performing similar to us or better in the last 10 games. We have been okay in our last 10 games, but 5-5 is not a great record, especially when we are trying to make a playoff push.

The skeptimism is warranted. There is still an outside chance we make it, but odds are that we won't.
Talk about nitpicking. Aside from the Caps, the Panthers have virtually the same record as all those teams except for Ottawa. None of those other teams have been consistent all season either. That's why we're all within a few points of eachother. We only need to be good for the last month. I'm not guaranteeing a playoff spot or anything lol. All I'm saying is it's very possible. It's definitely not over.

The Bruins and Leafs have had nothing to play for for a while. The Avs were decimated with injuries before they "decided to turn it on." Try again.
So you admit they played down to their opponents?

The Avs were not "decimated" lol.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
As of right now I see it as 5 teams competing for those 2 wild card spots. I don’t see Washington getting in and Detroit has last 5 in a row, are 7pts out, and though they have some games in hand have the 4th hardest ranked remaining schedule.

Ottawa is playing great but they have the 3rd hardest ranked schedule left and we play them twice.

Buffalo has the 6th hardest schedule left and we play them one more time.

And we’re only 4pts behind the islanders with a game in hand. One game against Buffalo and two against Ottawa. We can definitely slip in. This was our first time all year at full strength and I thought they played pretty damn well honestly. Bob was great (still), Barkov looked surprisingly aggressive at times (for his standards), and we only gave up one goal and it was on a 2man advantage. There’s almost a quarter of the season remaining. We don’t have the greatest odds but we’re certainly not out by any stretch

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
So you admit they played down to their opponents?

The Avs were not "decimated" lol.
The Bruins and Leafs losing to lesser teams when they've had their PO tickets punched for months is very different than Florida supposedly fighting for their PO lives and losing to lesser teams.

Byram has played 22 games
Nuke has played 31 games
Manson has played 27 games
Johnson has played 51 games
MacK has played 49 games
Makar has played 47 games

f*** yes they were decimated.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Soooooooooo…

Someone really edited this thread-title to mention Zito’s deadline-presser like it was an extension signing or something ?

This board is crazy sick, and the hate around Paul Maurice is incredibly ridiculous and stupid.

Who thought it was important to edit that original title ? Who’s that much a hater ?

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Soooooooooo…

Someone really edited this thread-title to mention Zito’s deadline-presser like it was an extension signing or something ?

This board is crazy sick, and the hate around Paul Maurice is incredibly ridiculous and stupid.

Who thought it was important to edit that original title ? Who’s that much a hater ?
Really? It’s not just this board questioning his coaching this team. The journalists have begun hinting at it during pressers with Zito. Zito then goes on Bally to receive softball questions about PoMo to reiterate his belief. It seems like the Org is aware of the optics right now, and Zito doing a media run to double down on PoMo is pertinent to this discussion.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Yeah, and it's all so pointless. Zito can do whatever media touring he wants. Fans will continue observing the on-ice performance and eventually start responding with their wallets.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Really? It’s not just this board questioning his coaching this team. The journalists have begun hinting at it during pressers with Zito. Zito then goes on Bally to receive softball questions about PoMo to reiterate his belief. It seems like the Org is aware of the optics right now, and Zito doing a media run to double down on PoMo is pertinent to this discussion.

The journalists ?

WTF are you talking about ?

GR comments ? The man has always been sarcastic, and made those same kind of comments while in Columbus or with Tallon or anything... It's just the type of guy he is, and why sometimes he gets on my nerves... GR a good journalist ? Mmmmmmm... I think journalist shouldn't come with their bias on different subjects... GR always does it, and even if he has covered the sports for so long, I don't think his experience in the sport is much greater than a lot of people posting here... So basically ZERO.

Zito isn't making a media-tour to praise Paul Maurice, he is doing his presser post-TDL like every GM... And guess what ? He did nothing because he couldn't do anything... Soooooo... What is he talking about ?

How he loves his coach and how he likes his team... Really, what do people expected ?

It's... It's really mind-boggling the level of stupidity you find on internet...

Yes if people wanted to discuss this matter, if it was RELEVANT, maybe someone would have started a new thread with Zito's quote for example ?

No... It's the haters, still fuming about not keeping Bruno (or were they the people asking for a veteran coach ? I can't remember because people around here are so bipolar) or whatever... And then update an OLD-thread just for the sake of putting a bit more drama in the debate...

I haven't really missed people's take around here... Still enjoy some of the guys around this board...

But between the bipolars asking for toughness and not wanting Givani Smith playing, or asking for a veteran coach and not wanting the most experienced outthere... The ones with obviously NO hockey knowledge, the ones with obivous bias, etc...

Never too high, never too low... This season has been trying for me. And the most difficult part isn't even watching our team... It's watching this board that I loved so much for so long... This board turning into a random Twitter thread...

So long friends.

Reactions: zeroG

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
They have alternated win loss for 11 games. Numbers don’t lie is Damn right. That’s simply not good enough to make playoffs. Period. That isn’t an opinion. That is a fact. Doesn’t mean they can’t play better going forward and make it. But they absolutely 100% have not been playing good enough lately to make a push

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
The journalists ?

GR comments ? The man has always been sarcastic, and made those same kind of comments while in Columbus or with Tallon or anything... It's just the type of guy he is, and why sometimes he gets on my nerves... GR a good journalist ? Mmmmmmm... I think journalist shouldn't come with their bias on different subjects... GR always does it, and even if he has covered the sports for so long, I don't think his experience in the sport is much greater than a lot of people posting here... So basically ZERO.

Zito isn't making a media-tour to praise Paul Maurice, he is doing his presser post-TDL like every GM... And guess what ? He did nothing because he couldn't do anything... Soooooo... What is he talking about ?

How he loves his coach and how he likes his team... Really, what do people expected ?

It's... It's really mind-boggling the level of stupidity you find on internet...

Yes if people wanted to discuss this matter, if it was RELEVANT, maybe someone would have started a new thread with Zito's quote for example ?

No... It's the haters, still fuming about not keeping Bruno (or were they the people asking for a veteran coach ? I can't remember because people around here are so bipolar) or whatever... And then update an OLD-thread just for the sake of putting a bit more drama in the debate...

I haven't really missed people's take around here... Still enjoy some of the guys around this board...

But between the bipolars asking for toughness and not wanting Givani Smith playing, or asking for a veteran coach and not wanting the most experienced outthere... The ones with obviously NO hockey knowledge, the ones with obivous bias, etc...

Never too high, never too low... This season has been trying for me. And the most difficult part isn't even watching our team... It's watching this board that I loved so much for so long... This board turning into a random Twitter thread...

So long friends.
Give me a break. South Florida hockey media barely exists so let's not act like any bias the media may have is some forceful scrutiny. Even then they don't blatantly direct criticism to either PoMo or Zito when given the opportunity.

While true, Zito was doing a traditional media run post-TDL you cannot deny that the focus of the discussion was largely PoMo and the team's performance. The fact that he hasn't even coached an entire season for the team and yet Zito is coming out to defend the hire or that he even has to is interesting. The team went from the President's trophy to a new coach and an incredibly mediocre follow-up season. The fanbase is questioning the change in trajectory after its most successful regular season in team history and honestly, rightfully so. It has endured garbage for two decades. There is every right to scrutinize this situation.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
The journalists ?

So long friends.

don't go bud!

i agree with you completely, though. i have had a difficult time reading the board lately, too.

i also can't believe we have posters suggesting that the press is knowledgeable enough to pass some kind of meaningful judgment. these folks are just like most posters here... except they can form complete sentences (most of the time).

Yeah, and it's all so pointless. Zito can do whatever media touring he wants. Fans will continue observing the on-ice performance and eventually start responding with their wallets.

fans are fickle and most have very little insight into what's going on. they see Ws and Ls and that's it.

i mean, if you believe what you read here, maurice has held one of the most prestigious 30 jobs in hockey on planet earth for nearly 30 years because.... he's a great bullshit artist! :laugh:

actually, @BabyBennettov maybe you've got the right idea. smh.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Give me a break. South Florida hockey media barely exists so let's not act like any bias the media may have is some forceful scrutiny. Even then they don't blatantly direct criticism to either PoMo or Zito when given the opportunity.

While true, Zito was doing a traditional media run post-TDL you cannot deny that the focus of the discussion was largely PoMo and the team's performance. The fact that he hasn't even coached an entire season for the team and yet Zito is coming out to defend the hire or that he even has to is interesting. The team went from the President's trophy to a new coach and an incredibly mediocre follow-up season. The fanbase is questioning the change in trajectory after its most successful regular season in team history and honestly, rightfully so. It has endured garbage for two decades. There is every right to scrutinize this situation.

yeah, and if you listened to zito's presser, he tried to supply some context to help fans understand.

there's some spin, of course but he believes in what he's doing and in the coach he's chosen so that's part of his job right now.

just looking at Ws and Ls does not tell you the story. and without more substantive context, you can't really put together an informed opinion. zito provided that. it's in everyone's interest to listen to that press conference in its entirety.

in my opinion, maurice is a perfectly fine coach and more than capable of taking a cap team to the final and winning.

Last edited:
Reactions: JP Mick

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
What’s interesting is the game against Pittsburgh didn’t look like a maurice team at all. They were flinging pucks on net. They were being much more creative in zone with cross ice passes. Less cycling the puck along the wall till they lost it. Less reliant on point shots and hoping for a bounce in front. See if this continues

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
yeah, and if you listed to zito's presser, he tried to supply some context to help fans understand.

there's some spin, of course but he believes in what he's doing and in the coach he's chosen so that's part of his job right now.

just looking at Ws and Ls does not tell you the story. and without more substantive context, you can't really put together an informed opinion. zito provided that. it's in everyone's interest to listen to that press conference in its entirety.

in my opinion, maurice is a perfectly fine coach and more than capable of taking a cap team to the final and winning.
I agree that we don't have the full picture and we as fans will never be able to completely accurately assess the situation as a result. I'm not a super Maurice critic, and I am not a super Maurice supporter. I am defending the idea that fans have a right to be skeptical considering how this season has turned out.

Cherry picking a few advanced stats to justify PoMo's performance isn't enough to convince me this was the right move. However, being in a playoff position with a roster that has taken a step back from the previous season's would. I also acknowledge the team's luck with injuries, but I am hesitant to allow that to be a full-pass on this season's performance. Every team has to deal with injuries, and it's only a matter of time until a team's luck runs out and they start hitting your best players. Management and coaching need to be prepared for figuring out how to win when contending with them.

I don't think PoMo is as bad as this board makes him out to be, and I also don't believe he is particularly good. I am personally reserving judgment until I see what Zito does this offseason and 20 or so games into next season. I'm not convinced this is entirely a roster PoMo likes and suspect Zito will do some work to bring in pieces this offseason that are up PoMo's alley. I also suspect next season the returning cast to better understand how to execute his gameplan and will be better equipped to start the season on the right foot. I don't believe it's all doom and gloom, but I also don't fully believe in this direction. Not sure what else to say.

Reactions: pantherbot

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I don't think PoMo is as bad as this board makes him out to be, and I also don't believe he is particularly good.

Agreed, but contrary to what Zito told about Mo, he's not the perfect fit at with this team. He might be a perfect fit for Zito but Zito isn't the one playing this sport.

ppl can rewind those youtube clips of the Panthers' exit interviews from last year and hear that Zito specifically stated that he wants to avoid another 2nd round exit. Now Zito is full on spin doctor-mode, telling us that the underlying advanced stats look great and everything is positive even though it has translated to success in the standing. We all (including Viola&Cifu) know that he's lying in order to save his ass and this is actually the worst part because Zito can improve their situation and not make the same mistakes in the future when he's not admitting that there's a problem. Perhaps some you are willing to accept his excuses but I'm not buying.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site

You give me a break, you brought the media thing and GR's sarcasm with Maurice and all...

I cannot deny that the focus of discussion was the team's performance and Maurice's work, no I cannot !

Now, tell me which deals we made Zito should have talked about ?

Tell me what his answer to "why you didn't make any moves ?" would be ?

What do you want him to say ? "I screwed up with the cap by buying out Yandle (wasn't his fault btw), then got caught by surprise in the Tkachuk deal, and was then forced to sit on my ass all year because I didn't have any money" yessss, maybe by saying that and being honest it would have been better...

Well, guess what ? That's EXACTLY what he said in his presser... Maybe you didn't caught it.

But what do people expected out of Zito's presser really ? I knew before hearing it that he wouldn't quit on his team and have this kind of words... Because it's the only he can give... He's not gonna talk to you about acquiring Jeannot when the guy is a f***ing Lightning...

I don't get it, what do people expected out of this press conference ?

To admit (if he really thinks it is one) that his HC-hiring was a mistake with 20 games left and no deal to shake-up the room ? Talk about losing your team and showing as much dumbness as our players taking careless stick penalties...

People questioning the change of scenery, I have no problem with that, and I'm still a little bit a part of it too... But I keep being objective. Always ! Scrutinize doesn't mean being mean or clueless...

As I said people questioning the fan-base for the direction ? Okay. Remember that direction included the Tkachuk trade... I hope people don't question that, because Huberdeau at 30 for 10M and Weegs... That was a BIG bullet dodged... And that's IMO irrefutable, no matter how much you want to scrutinize it...

Back on the presser, and his "vote of confidence" for Maurice... What were people expecting ? Did people really listen to it all ?

Reactions: hirawl and Ghoste

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
You give me a break, you brought the media thing and GR's sarcasm with Maurice and all...

I cannot deny that the focus of discussion was the team's performance and Maurice's work, no I cannot !

Now, tell me which deals we made Zito should have talked about ?

Tell me what his answer to "why you didn't make any moves ?" would be ?

What do you want him to say ? "I screwed up with the cap by buying out Yandle (wasn't his fault btw), then got caught by surprise in the Tkachuk deal, and was then forced to sit on my ass all year because I didn't have any money" yessss, maybe by saying that and being honest it would have been better...

Well, guess what ? That's EXACTLY what he said in his presser... Maybe you didn't caught it.

But what do people expected out of Zito's presser really ? I knew before hearing it that he wouldn't quit on his team and have this kind of words... Because it's the only he can give... He's not gonna talk to you about acquiring Jeannot when the guy is a f***ing Lightning...

I don't get it, what do people expected out of this press conference ?

To admit (if he really thinks it is one) that his HC-hiring was a mistake with 20 games left and no deal to shake-up the room ? Talk about losing your team and showing as much dumbness as our players taking careless stick penalties...

People questioning the change of scenery, I have no problem with that, and I'm still a little bit a part of it too... But I keep being objective. Always ! Scrutinize doesn't mean being mean or clueless...

As I said people questioning the fan-base for the direction ? Okay. Remember that direction included the Tkachuk trade... I hope people don't question that, because Huberdeau at 30 for 10M and Weegs... That was a BIG bullet dodged... And that's IMO irrefutable, no matter how much you want to scrutinize it...

Back on the presser, and his "vote of confidence" for Maurice... What were people expecting ? Did people really listen to it all ?
Fans were interested in understanding Zito's take on the season. Fans, like myself, were wondering if Zito was going to express disappointment in the team's performance - perhaps how it could have been better given that many expected this team still to be competitive this season, just not as competitive as last season. Fans were not expecting Zito to come out and expressly object to his hire and pin it on him. Nobody is that daft, but if Zito were to come out and express general disappointment in team performance (to whatever extent) then you can extrapolate from there. What fans got was a fancy-stat, injury, and "didn't get the results we deserved" justification. It came across as "the hockey gods are against us/stars in the universe didn't align and that's why we weren't successful this season." It seemed like a sidestepping of responsibility for on-ice performance. As a result, fans got a more informed answer on Zito's take of the current situation, inclusive of Maurice.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I agree that we don't have the full picture and we as fans will never be able to completely accurately assess the situation as a result. I'm not a super Maurice critic, and I am not a super Maurice supporter. I am defending the idea that fans have a right to be skeptical considering how this season has turned out.

Cherry picking a few advanced stats to justify PoMo's performance isn't enough to convince me this was the right move. However, being in a playoff position with a roster that has taken a step back from the previous season's would. I also acknowledge the team's luck with injuries, but I am hesitant to allow that to be a full-pass on this season's performance. Every team has to deal with injuries, and it's only a matter of time until a team's luck runs out and they start hitting your best players. Management and coaching need to be prepared for figuring out how to win when contending with them.

I don't think PoMo is as bad as this board makes him out to be, and I also don't believe he is particularly good. I am personally reserving judgment until I see what Zito does this offseason and 20 or so games into next season. I'm not convinced this is entirely a roster PoMo likes and suspect Zito will do some work to bring in pieces this offseason that are up PoMo's alley. I also suspect next season the returning cast to better understand how to execute his gameplan and will be better equipped to start the season on the right foot. I don't believe it's all doom and gloom, but I also don't fully believe in this direction. Not sure what else to say.

fans can be skeptical but that's not what we're seeing. we're seeing groupthink hate.

i'm not picking any advanced stats. i'm watching the games, looking at the box scores, the lineups, the play, listening to what the players and coaches say...

maurice is a veteran but still young coach. he's coached some different rosters and with his experience, i'm sure has some preferences but remember, he was excited about this team! even if he had some historical tendencies, there's no reason he couldn't (or hasn't) escaped those with this new career chapter. this is one of those things fans say that drives me crazy. like, "how the f*** do you know?".

zito and maurice will certainly be changing some pieces because we had a makeshift bottom 6 and defense this year. they knew that. changes won't necessarily come because maurice doesn't like current personnel.

Fans were interested in understanding Zito's take on the season. Fans, like myself, were wondering if Zito was going to express disappointment in the team's performance - perhaps how it could have been better given that many expected this team still to be competitive this season, just not as competitive as last season. Fans were not expecting Zito to come out and expressly object to his hire and pin it on him. Nobody is that daft, but if Zito were to come out and express general disappointment in team performance (to whatever extent) then you can extrapolate from there. What fans got was a fancy-stat, injury, and "didn't get the results we deserved" justification. It came across as "the hockey gods are against us/stars in the universe didn't align and that's why we weren't successful this season." It seemed like a sidestepping of responsibility for on-ice performance. As a result, fans got a more informed answer on Zito's take of the current situation, inclusive of Maurice.

here's the problem with your wish - THE SEASON ISN'T OVER YET.

no, the GM and coach aren't going to come out and say they're disappointed. the story isn't finished yet.

and that's important on many levels but at the same time, we have evidence that maurice and zito PLANNED for this to be a down year. they knew they didn't have the horses, the depth we had last year and it would be more difficult, especially if injuries played a part.

in that respect, calls for maurice's head really only serve to betray the caller's ignorance.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Agreed, but contrary to what Zito told about Mo, he's not the perfect fit at with this team. He might be a perfect fit for Zito but Zito isn't the one playing this sport.

ppl can rewind those youtube clips of the Panthers' exit interviews from last year and hear that Zito specifically stated that he wants to avoid another 2nd round exit. Now Zito is full on spin doctor-mode, telling us that the underlying advanced stats look great and everything is positive even though it has translated to success in the standing. We all (including Viola&Cifu) know that he's lying in order to save his ass and this is actually the worst part because Zito can improve their situation and not make the same mistakes in the future when he's not admitting that there's a problem. Perhaps some you are willing to accept his excuses but I'm not buying.

we're 3/4 of the way through ONE season. a season with a lot of key injuries and no flexibility to address them.

if we have a similar season next year with better personnel and fewer injuries, then maybe i'll agree the room needs a different voice.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site

So you wanted him to come out with 20 or so games left, to come out and say:

« We got putrid goaltending through the first 30 games… All the changes ended up for the worse, and even with injuries at key times, our coach should have done better because we are too far out of it to make it, or it would take a miracle ! »

???

He HAS TO keep the belief… And I also believe he REALLY thinks we should have been a bit more rewarded… Like I do to. You can disagree with that, it’s okay.

It won‘t be an excuse, we will have to find answers about why we were SO GOOD in fancy-stats and SO BAD in actual results… But identifying Zito’s moves or Maurice’s coaching as the sole and only reasons for that weird season, that would be wrong IMO.

Reactions: ScottyMascotty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad