Confirmed with Link: Paul Maurice signs 3 year deal to be head coach of the Florida Panthers (update 3/3/2023 given vote of confidence by Bill Zito)

Would you have preferred Brunette return over hiring Maurice?

• yes, give him the chance to grow

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • no, Florida doesn't have time to see him through the growing pains

Votes: 67 66.3%

• Total voters

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Lol....Yes, I do think. What, one loss to Nashville and now our playoff race is over? You roll over pretty easily.

Right, so being 6th all time in wins is meaningless, but what everyone loves to highlight here, that he is 1st all time in losses(only 33 more than Trotz) is supposed to have such ulitmate meaning? Nice double standard.

Our playoff race was over a while ago.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Lol no it's not. If we win tonight we are 3 pts out, how is that over...
It's not over but it's pretty unlikely at this point. Better to expect the worst and save yourself the dissapointment, because that's what this whole season has been if we're being honest.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
It's not over but it's pretty unlikely at this point. Better to expect the worst and save yourself the dissapointment, because that's what this whole season has been if we're being honest.
Somewhat unlikely, but far from impossible.

Are you willingly ignoring games played by those who are also going for wildcard spots and how well those teams are playing?
How well? Who's playing better than us? We've been better than any of these teams the last 20 games...

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
Somewhat unlikely, but far from impossible.

How well? Who's playing better than us? We've been better than any of these teams the last 20 games...
Right now, I'd say only Florida and Detroit are slipping/nosediving. The others are playing much better right now, when it matters, and have games in hand. 20 games ago means f*** all to right now.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Right now, I'd say only Florida and Detroit are slipping/nosediving. The others are playing much better right now, when it matters, and have games in hand. 20 games ago means f*** all to right now.
Ok, 5 games back then...we are playing just as well as anyone except for Ottawa. This is all in the heads of the negative nancies among the Panthers fanbase. Just because it's cool to be down on Maurice or something along those lines.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
Ok, 5 games back then...we are playing just as well as anyone except for Ottawa. This is all in the heads of the negative nancies among the Panthers fanbase. Just because it's cool to be down on Maurice or something along those lines.
Negative nannies? Clue in with reality. You also probably thought the Weiss era was good hockey.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Negative nannies? Clue in with reality. You also probably thought the Weiss era was good hockey.
I am in touch with reality. Saying we've been terrible in our last 5, 10, 15....whatever games, is just a false statement. Numbers don't lie. You're the one making things up and not living in reality.

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
I am in touch with reality. Saying we've been terrible in our last 5, 10, 15....whatever games, is just a false statement. Numbers don't lie. You're the one making things up and not living in reality.
Betcha thought the recent losses to Buffalo and Nashville were good games by Florida, huh? Numbers don't lie, right?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Betcha thought the recent losses to Buffalo and Nashville were good games by Florida, huh? Numbers don't lie, right?
Lol everybody loses a game here or there except Boston. Buffalo just got shellacked 7-1 the other night yet everyone here seems to be on their jimmy. Panthers fans here just magnify every bad thing for some reason. How'd they play tonight against the team they are chasing for WC2?

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
Lol everybody loses a game here or there except Boston. Buffalo just got shellacked 7-1 the other night yet everyone here seems to be on their jimmy. Panthers fans here just magnify every bad thing for some reason. How'd they play tonight against the team they are chasing for WC2?
All of Ottawa, NYI, Buffalo and Washington have won or are winning. Pick another night to flex. This ain't it.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
All of Ottawa, NYI, Buffalo and Washington have won or are winning. Pick another night to flex. This ain't it.
Lol, yes it is. We just soundly beat the WC2 team. Ottawa is playing the literal worst team in the league tonignt and Washington is playing another tanking team.

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
Lol, yes it is. We just soundly beat the WC2 team. Ottawa is playing the literal worst team in the league tonignt and Washington is playing another tanking team.
Lol so Ottawa and Washington are winning games they are supposed to, but we lose to the Admirals, so what does that say about Florida? If you're going to discredit others, be consistent

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Lol so Ottawa and Washington are winning games they are supposed to, but we lose to the Admirals, so what does that say about Florida? If you're going to discredit others, be consistent
We just beat the Bolts without Barkov and Bennett 4-1, controlling the game, and also solidly beat the Pens 4-1. That's more impressive than beating bad teams. Please.

Reactions: Dutch Panther

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
@jakeybones

theres-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-many-years.gif

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
We just beat the Bolts without Barkov and Bennett 4-1, controlling the game, and also solidly beat the Pens 4-1. That's more impressive than beating bad teams. Please.
So tell me about the past 4 losses, all non playoff teams. Tell me why those happened.

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
Who cares? Every team loses. I never claimed the Panthers were perfect. It's more important that the Panthers can beat good teams. Anyone can beat up on Columbus and.San Jose.
But the shit wins count the same as the impressive wins.

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
Lol what are you going on and on about? The Panthers are playing well enough to make the playoffs, bottom line.
You said:

"It's more important that the Panthers can beat good teams. Anyone can beat up on Columbus and.San Jose."

I replied:

"But the shit wins count the same as the impressive wins."

Let's try this again. Every win is worth 2 points. So how is a win over Boston more important than a win over Columbus, especially for a team whose past 4 losses are to non-playoff team, whom you claim 'anyone can beat up on' (except, of course, the Panthers)?

Don't know if you've ever played competitive sports, but there is no sign more indicative of a shitty team/athlete than one who plays to the level of its opponent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad