Confirmed with Link: Paul Maurice signs 3 year deal to be head coach of the Florida Panthers (update 3/3/2023 given vote of confidence by Bill Zito)

Would you have preferred Brunette return over hiring Maurice?

• yes, give him the chance to grow

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • no, Florida doesn't have time to see him through the growing pains

Votes: 67 66.3%

• Total voters

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
meh...... would have preferred the fin or anyone really to paul... don't understand this hiring.... dudes lost a ton of games... only been out of first round 3 times in 24 years... Coached whalers for years... meh

he also seems like a guy that loses the room eventually... might do well at first...

I don't like it.. but we shall see i guess.....

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
GR answered my question: Brunette is believed to have one more year left on his assistant coaching contract and could return behind the Florida bench next season with Maurice.

Reactions: harv33173

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
meh...... would have preferred the fin or anyone really to paul... don't understand this hiring.... dudes lost a ton of games... only been out of first round 3 times in 24 years... Coached whalers for years... meh

he also seems like a guy that loses the room eventually... might do well at first...

I don't like it.. but we shall see i guess.....
What? He was in Winnipeg for 9 seasons. How many active coaches have been with their team for 9+ seasons.?

Also he is 6th all time in wins...

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The 3 times in 24 years thing is a huge misnomer, he's coached bad teams mostly and gets a lot out of them, never had the players he'll have here. I like this move, Trotz and Cassidy were the A+ moves but Maurice is on the next level down, solid coach. At least it's not Green, Blashill or Bowness.

This guy's next tweet is saying Florida did well in the playoffs and got goalied. Again, can't take these people who don't watch the games seriously.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
What? He was in Winnipeg for 9 seasons. How many active coaches have been with their team for 9+ seasons.?

Also he is 6th all time in wins...
he also apparently has the most losses.

.446% win percentage...

I am not arguing that he isnt a good dude. I just don't see this being the guy... but who knows

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Zito's first HC hire. He was in my wishlist, although I wish Trotz was the guy.

Slowly becoming his "blueprint" minus the few players that didn't suck under Tallon or have bloated unmovable contracts.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
As with anybody, I give them a chance. Some I'm more optimistic about than others at the start. I like this hire. I think they had to do it. They had to hire an experienced coach. Wished they would have done it when Q left, but that's water under the bridge.
But, with all of that, can still never know until they actually play the games. But at least I'm excited for next season now.

Reactions: harv33173

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad